Forum for kitesurfers
five
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Naish SS 4'10"

Postby five » Fri Mar 09, 2007 9:46 am

So has anybody tried out the Naish SS 4'10" yet? I would like to get a directional that would fit into my travel bag...and this seems like a good option. People seem to like the 5'4" and 5'10"...but I haven't heard much on the 4'10" yet. I know it is maybe a little small...but I only weigh like 155 lbs. Thanks in advance...

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tautologies » Fri Mar 09, 2007 12:47 pm

It probably depends a little on your weight as well and how much power you like in your kite...are you on Oahu? I'd be more than willing to let you have a go on my 5'4'' if you want, as long as you don;t ding it :-) ....the only thing I've heard is some guys planning to get one, but they didn;t write more after they did. If it rides anything like the 5'4'' you can buy it blind...it is such a nice board.

a.

five
Medium Poster

Postby five » Sat Mar 10, 2007 2:16 am

I'd love to try it...but I'm on the Big Island. Thanks for the offer though :thumb: Speaking of dings...how is the board holding up and/or how tough do you think it is?

I am jonesing to get a surf-style board and my tax refund is burning a hole in wallet...so I may just go for it.

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tautologies » Sat Mar 10, 2007 7:47 am

Man, I love the board. It is definitely a board that requires medium to high power for me. I am right under 200lb, so it does depend on how much you weigh.

In terms of strength. I have really landed hard on this board, and it feel solid. Jumping it no problem. I hit the reef and there wasn't even a scratch on it. I have a slight scratch on on of the fins, but thats it.
When you feel the weight..the board is solid for sure.

I think this board is the bomb. It feel a lot more solid than my Underground, in addition the pads a thinner so you have more contact with the board. It can hold so much power, and it is fast, and you can really tow into the waves with it.

I have written more in another thread ...I'll find it later.

I was just wondering where you kite on the Big Island? I have been there several times, but really seen any kiting there. The night dive with mantarays is awesome though.

A.

five
Medium Poster

Postby five » Sun Mar 11, 2007 4:42 am

Thanks for the info on the Naish SS. Think I am going to get one. On the Big Island...we really only ride at A-Bay and Kiholo. Summer is the better season as we have fairly regular thermals...but you need a big kite. Not a big scence here but still get some fun rides in. Sick Kona winds today w/ some nice waves. PM if you come over here and want more info on the riding scene.

Return to “Kitesurfing”