T-ARC

Forum for kitesurfers
menright
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby menright » Tue Jun 18, 2002 8:29 pm

Has anyone flown one of these baby ARC kites.They are intended as trainer kites.
We got the chance to have a go with one and they really are disapointing.No pull. Collapse all the time and not much control. Seems a very poor design in a family of outstanding kites. Anyone any other thoughts on them?

Xwind
Rare Poster

Postby Xwind » Tue Jun 18, 2002 11:30 pm

I saw one and I have the same opinion then you..
Better with à B-2...

Postby Guest » Wed Jun 19, 2002 12:15 am

Whats your problem with them??
Mine flys really well, I prefer it to a B2 because its faster and turns better (though it does need more wind. (8knts)

Is you one four lined??
how does it collapse?? (claps when going fast? then it can be trimed better)
Do you have a piece of bungy in it.
How much pull do you want from a trainer??

Stu

kitesports.co.nz
Rare Poster

Postby kitesports.co.nz » Wed Jun 19, 2002 4:22 am

Gidday, The 130 Tarc is a great wee trainer. Like any ARC to get full control the kite needs to be properly inflated. I had a new one that I was trying to fly in less than 5 knots and had that colapsing problem, only because it wasn't inflating (new out of the bag)I got a friend to give me a hand with the launch and it was sweet, so it pays to read the instructions as they are more dianamic than most trainers, plus can be rigged with a chicken loop, super cool!!!
PS. I've only had good feedback from those I've sold

Tim.

menright
Rare Poster

Postby menright » Wed Jun 19, 2002 6:38 pm

We have flown the T-ARC in a range of wind speeds from 10 to 20 knots. The first one would simply not fly and had to be sent back. The second was better, it got of the ground but say compared to a flexifoil pro team 8 in the same sort of wind is rubish.The kite fully inflates, rises then colapses in the centre.Will not fly at the edge of the wind window and seems to need storm force winds just to maintain its possition in the sky. Just a bit disapointed with it.

Hangwind
Rare Poster

T-Arc

Postby Hangwind » Fri Feb 14, 2003 8:08 pm

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/arcusers/message/3789

The above is a link to the arcusers group at yahoo on the subject.

I have a little T-Arc and I really love it. It is the smallest size in my Arc quiver (1120 and 840 S-Arcs) I fly it on a 20" bar with four line set up and a sliding ring leash on one of the front lines, no bungee. On 100m lines it will ZING across the window in about two seconds and turn around and back in the same time. Zoom zoom zoom. It has your attention. It is a REALLY fast little kite.

My five year old flys it on his own and gets tugged around in light winds less than 10mph. He has yet to "crash" it but he was taught how to fly it by me. It's a cool thing to see such a little guy flying a foil. He likes it better than the B-2 he was taught on.

In wind, it will pull and pull hard. The thing about it is that it is so quick. I want to put a chicken loop on the thing and fool around with it. I think this one would be cool to use for being pulled around on a skateboard or if I was an ice skater on a frozen lake in wind, that would work too!

But for the most part, I just like to fly it around because I am astounded with the speed. It is so fast, really fast.

I've heard a lot of bad press about this little Arc and well, the more I read about it, the more I know that the people writing didn't set it up in four line mode. I have heard that it comes with two line instructions, if that is the case, throw the instructions away. In a pinch you can simply take the little T and put it on your regular Arc bar/line set and fly it in some wind. That's what I did until I could set it up with a light weight bar/line set.

I've got several hours of flying the T and I am here to tell you that it is a high performance Arc kite capable of entertaining just like it's bigger brothers.

adam
http://www.foilpilot.com

doofus
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Gear: Ozone, ASP, Levitaz
Brand Affiliation: Customer.

Postby doofus » Sat Feb 15, 2003 2:24 am

mines great

buggied with it in 35+ knots

flew it in more than 40 knots on my kitesurfing bar I think it was about to pop from the internal pressure

Return to “Kitesurfing”