Been thanked: 0

Postby Kurt » Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:55 pm

Some of the best I have tried in 25+kts have been:
LF Spectrum 1 10m
Best Nemesis 10 and 12m
Rhino 2 10m
Naish x2 10m, X4 12m
Wipika whip 14m

But the standout to date for me has been the waroo pro in 9 and 11m sizing with 27m line set.
They are both a bit more technical to nail the perfect jump, but when you do it is something special and in a class of it's own.

ian c
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0

___

Postby ian c » Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:59 pm

in about in 30 - 35 knots+

Rhino 9 05 - huge booster - not much bottom end compared to other 9s though

Takoon scoop 05 9.5 - a very good kite, fast in the air, you can send this one

Slingshot fuel 8.0 04 - very grunty - lots of bottom end for an 8 too - can spank you hard - don't expect any depower haha

Takoon enova (bow) 9m 07 was not too bad for height - a bow with a leash attachment at the chicken loop rather than 2m away. So it might actually get used! VERY light bar pressure - not too light though. Very fast turning.

and had a go on a 12m Raven 07 which had relly good boost power

For sure c kites accelerate upwards way faster cos its about the whip more than pulling in the bar, and the whip you can generate is way more violent than any bar pull.

c kites win hands down until you get to the really windy stuff when i don't know where i would put my money.

For sure i would rather go higher than hover
after a recent boost I went down then up then down then up, - probably went 15ft+ up again after going down on one of the updraughtings - interesting feeling...

Tone
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Tone » Tue Mar 13, 2007 10:10 pm

10m FLYSURFER PSYCHO3 in 35knots.

higher than i have ever been!

also has the hangtime!

stiffingandshifting
Frequent Poster

Postby stiffingandshifting » Tue Mar 13, 2007 10:40 pm

Can we clarify BIG - Maybe its off topic but this is pretty subjective

40ft+ - Would that be considered big?

Darktanyan
Frequent Poster

Postby Darktanyan » Tue Mar 13, 2007 10:56 pm

I just returned from a trip to mexico ... a norte came through last week and I was kiting in Puerto Moleros ... was doing lots of 30 foot high jumps (I could see the top of the roof of the hotel). On my last jump, I went up 30 feet, and then a gust lifted me another 20 feet - I was 50 feet up, and it was not a good feeling!

I was riding a 2004 fuel 9M.

Peter_Frank
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Peter_Frank » Tue Mar 13, 2007 10:58 pm

stiffingandshifting wrote:Can we clarify BIG - Maybe its off topic but this is pretty subjective

Why ?

The question is: Which kite boost the highest !

But the problem is - the most frequent answer will be: "Mine". Hidden in other phrases maybe :wink:

So as long as we talk about which kite getting max. height - hangtime and "ease" secondary - I think there are many different to choose from.

In the "Perfect world" - I think C kites has the edge just by a marginal difference, regarding height !
In the real world - I think Bow kites get much more height more often (Hangtime much better - but that was not the issue here....)

Kindly, Peter Frank

stiffingandshifting
Frequent Poster

Postby stiffingandshifting » Tue Mar 13, 2007 11:42 pm

stiffingandshifting wrote:
Can we clarify BIG - Maybe its off topic but this is pretty subjective

Why ?

The question is: Which kite boost the highest !

But the problem is - the most frequent answer will be: "Mine". Hidden in other phrases maybe

So as long as we talk about which kite getting max. height - hangtime and "ease" secondary - I think there are many different to choose from.

In the "Perfect world" - I think C kites has the edge just by a marginal difference, regarding height !
In the real world - I think Bow kites get much more height more often (Hangtime much better - but that was not the issue here....)

Kindly, Peter Frank

Your right - Stupid question...

Andres_Santacruz
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: All Mexico: Laguna de Tecocomulco, Hidalgo. Acapulco, Guerrero. Boca del Rio, Veracruz.
Favorite Beaches: Progreso, Yucatan. El Revolcadero, Acapulco, Guerrero. La Ventana, Baja California Sur, Mexico. Ilho do Guajiru, Ceara, Brazil.
Style: Big Air and waves and freestyle.
Gear: Ozone Kites: Reo V3 8m, Edge V9 8m, C4 2015 10m, Edge V9 13m, Chrono V3 15m, Ozone Zephyr V5 17m. Core XR5 10m.
Boards: Fone Acid 132 2016, ASP NZ Stealth Custom 135, Axis Limited 140 2018, Axis Ultra 144 2015,Axis New Wave 5'8" Surf, Fone Mitu 5'4 2017 Surf, Camet Custom 139 Foilboard and Alpine Foil Access V3 Foil, Naish Alaia Strapless
Brand Affiliation: I sell Ozone,Core,Slingshot,Naish,F-ONE,Crazy Fly,Axis,Mystic,Manera,Pro-Limit & Dakine.

Postby Andres_Santacruz » Wed Mar 14, 2007 12:11 am

The kite that ripped me off the water hardest, no kite like it since, is the old Flysurfer psycho 9.5meters. I got huge huge floaty jumps on that kite. Had huge range, and lot´s of grunt. It had hard bar pressure and wasn´t a very fast turner but i loved that kite for boosting. I still have it around somewhere, should dust it off to see how it feels.

The other kite is a 12m Caution Spitfire III, huge jumps on this baby in La Ventana December 05 when we got great wind every day.

I didn´t get much chance to ride the 12m answer very powered up so i haven´t tried the boosting of this kite to it´s full potential. Just got the answer2 12 will try some boosting this weekend.

The person i have seen go the biggest was a dude in malibu on an 8m caution spitfire I. Also a guy on North Vegas 8m 05 in La ventana.

JS
Very Frequent Poster

Postby JS » Wed Mar 14, 2007 1:34 am

Peter_Frank wrote:But the problem is - the most frequent answer will be: "Mine". Hidden in other phrases maybe :wink:

Exactly, and the highest kite will be the one that you happen to be jumping when you get hammered by the hardest gust.

Twice I have been hit by such a severe gust during an agressive jump that I decided (quickly) to abort the jump by sheeting out when I reached a dangerous height. It felt like 50 feet and climbing, but I'll never know for sure. I definitely wasn't prepared to crash from that height. Both times I was flying my CB 9m (I think) but it wouldn't have made much difference if I was flying any other good kite.

Remember dude who got videotaped getting lofted and then crashing into the side of a hill? Hopefully that was his biggest jump ever, but that doesn't mean that it was the best jumping kite that he's ever flown.

Cheers,
James

R Soul
Very Frequent Poster
Location: Str8 From The Horses Mouth... Ravens and Shinns... Love 'em.

Postby R Soul » Wed Mar 14, 2007 8:22 am

PAFF wrote:Raven3 10 or 12 by far....
I'll add another vote for the Raven3 12m...
I'm reaching new heights like never before with this baby!

Return to “Kitesurfing”