Forum for kitesurfers
bluestatekiter
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Kiting Location Near Tel Aviv - Mid April

Postby bluestatekiter » Sun Mar 18, 2007 2:23 am

I have a business trip scheduled for mid April in Tel Aviv- How are the winds in mid April and what's the best location near Tel Aviv? I want to know if it is worth draging my gear with me.

Thanks-

windshreder
Very Frequent Poster

Re: Kiting Location Near Tel Aviv - Mid April

Postby windshreder » Sun Mar 18, 2007 5:33 am

bluestatekiter wrote:I have a business trip scheduled for mid April in Tel Aviv- How are the winds in mid April and what's the best location near Tel Aviv? I want to know if it is worth draging my gear with me.

Thanks-
I visit Tel Aviv often. There is non motorized watersport desiginated beach at the left (south) end of the main beach in Tel Aviv. There is a kiteshop on the beach just to the north of the Hotel David Intercontental at the desiginated beach.
I have checked into renting gear but they will not even rent a board.
Someone is almost always kiting there. I would bring my gear but I am only there for 24 hours at a time.
Cheers,
Scott

eldadgold
Very Frequent Poster

Postby eldadgold » Sun Mar 18, 2007 8:17 am

bring your gear.
usually we get sideshore winds at that time.
you can kite at tel aviv at two different spots (300 meters apart) just go to the "tayelet" (walkabout) and you will see the kites in the air.
when you get here just post on kitesite.co.il on the upper forum (פורו×Â

pikey
Medium Poster

Postby pikey » Sun Mar 18, 2007 3:10 pm

Hi,
I regularly visit and use the beach in front of the Intercontinental. Bring a large kite though. I've never experienced more than 15kts. Watch out for other users, it gets very busy.
Regards

eran m
Frequent Poster

Postby eran m » Sun Mar 18, 2007 3:19 pm

hey
during april it's the "north wind season" - side shore wind(from right)usually with small waves,the "season" is from april-june so i belive you will have few windy days(15-20 knots).you can surf in t.a but there is better places if you go a little bit to the north,if you have time - go south to eilat-red sea
bye
eran

phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=2336034&start=0&p ... ght=israel

balimaiz
Rare Poster

Postby balimaiz » Sun Mar 18, 2007 8:24 pm

eran m, if I may use your message, I also will be in Israel in april and its kind of impossible to bring more than one kite+family+wife++, can I ask if should I take the 9 or the 15 m ? I'll be arround Tel Aviv and also Eilat.

eldadgold
Very Frequent Poster

Postby eldadgold » Sun Mar 18, 2007 10:13 pm

balimaiz wrote:eran m, if I may use your message, I also will be in Israel in april and its kind of impossible to bring more than one kite+family+wife++, can I ask if should I take the 9 or the 15 m ? I'll be arround Tel Aviv and also Eilat.
what board size and how much do you weigh ?
i am 75kg with a 130 style i use mainly my torch 14m at april-june.
but at eilat the wind is stronger...

balimaiz
Rare Poster

Postby balimaiz » Sun Mar 18, 2007 10:34 pm

Im 70 kg and also ride a 1.30 litewave. I'd love to bring both kites but since we're going to my brothers weading I'm carring so much shit, what would you recomend. Toda rava man

Return to “Kitesurfing”