07 Naish Raven

Forum for kitesurfers
Robsw6
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Local Beach: Hayling Island
Favorite Beaches: One eye, Sidi Kaouki, Big Bay, Gwithian & Hayling
Style: Powered
Gear: Reedins, Orbit2s & Surfboards (Cabrinha's & Naish), Nomad/TAD Mutants, Flash 4'10 & Naish Pro 4'10, Moses Hydrofoil & North Atmos
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Robsw6 » Wed Dec 20, 2006 8:39 am

Will do my best to get some pics..... but every time I go home I get sucked into the vortex of 7month old baby & DIY fun :D

I'm just about to get 19m that is apparently burgundy &.... wait for it.... Pink

I'm no believer in conspiracy theories, but sure that Neil from Naish(or KP as he is known on-line) knows that I'm the only person who would get a Raven in the largest size & makes sure that pink is somewhere in the colour scheme :D

Still hoping to use it once the high pressure clears from the UK - sure that a 19m Raven on the 5'5 fish will be great

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tautologies » Wed Dec 20, 2006 9:52 am

ah, you're going to love the Fish for sure. Sounds like a great combo..you can probably go in minus winds.
Super nice board. If you've already ridden it, have you tried it strapless? Now that is nice for sure, even I can gibe it. The board is super stable, yet turns fast and quickly. I also like how the tip is very curved up. Very good for light winds and waves. :-)

I took some pics of it. Look at the deep single concave. :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)
Remember to put some wax between the pads.

Alex
Attachments
fishTop.jpg
fishTop.jpg (63.91 KiB) Viewed 1693 times
fish_concave.jpg
fish_concave.jpg (31.44 KiB) Viewed 1694 times

Robsw6
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Local Beach: Hayling Island
Favorite Beaches: One eye, Sidi Kaouki, Big Bay, Gwithian & Hayling
Style: Powered
Gear: Reedins, Orbit2s & Surfboards (Cabrinha's & Naish), Nomad/TAD Mutants, Flash 4'10 & Naish Pro 4'10, Moses Hydrofoil & North Atmos

Postby Robsw6 » Wed Dec 20, 2006 12:58 pm

too right..... both my 5'10 & 5'5 are fully waxed :D

I've only used the 5'5 once so far, as the wind has been 30 knots plus recently, until it switched off last week

As you say, the board can be gybed blindfolded.... although wide, it's great in small waves and turns on a sixpence (or a dime!)

Minime
Rare Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Which raven

Postby Minime » Wed Apr 11, 2007 7:02 pm

for 77kgs?
Thought about 10 + 14, but as I saw they should get going very early better go for 12 +9?

Most winds round here 10-25 knots, vEEERy gusty :evil:

Oh yeah and no chance to test anything.. right to far from the coastline..
Thanks alot

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tautologies » Wed Apr 11, 2007 8:42 pm

yeah thats a conundrum..

The 12 Raven does have good low end, but 10 knots is fairly light. I do weight more than you, but I'd have a hard time in 10 knots I think...it would of course depend on board, skill and water conditions too...

I think the 14 would have you up and going, and is a very nice kite (I got to try my friends)..but I guess you like to ride as small kite as possible too?

It also depends on what you are having fun in...I'd say pick the quiver that satisfy you most of the time...if the winds are usually light then consider the first option with 14 10...but if 12 is the ideal size than take that kite, and the 9 or 10...actually the 9 is probably a good companion for the 12...

I've tried the 12 and 14, and both are kickass kites for sure. Lots of high aspect power for jumping and hangtime but still fast and stable turning. They even work in waves...

The 14 is a fast turning kite (it almost made me want to sell my torch and get it), and the range is huge on those kites. In general I think I am happier on a 12...

So, my opinion, get the kite that satisfy you in 90% of the time...most spots have a magic sized kite for your weight...get that and then build around it. :-)

A.

Minime
Rare Poster

Postby Minime » Wed Apr 11, 2007 9:35 pm

alright tautologies..
txs for the quick reply. I´m for sure more into small kites, but with my old 12ish Kites I never had that much fun as right now on R6 in 14..
Ya I´ll go for the 14+10.
Contacted a few min. ago my dealer; he´doesn´t sell naish anymore, ALOT of problem in regards to solving quality issues!

I din´t like to hear that man

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tautologies » Wed Apr 11, 2007 10:22 pm

Minime wrote:alright tautologies..
txs for the quick reply. I´m for sure more into small kites, but with my old 12ish Kites I never had that much fun as right now on R6 in 14..
Ya I´ll go for the 14+10.
Contacted a few min. ago my dealer; he´doesn´t sell naish anymore, ALOT of problem in regards to solving quality issues!

I din´t like to hear that man
that stuff I don't know anything about. I've never had any problems....

I'm sure there are other dealers out there though. The Raven seems like a well built kite, and after hearing what my friend put his 14 thourgh the first week, I am sure it is...as he said it.."I put it through the grinder" (as a response to me being a little worried about riding his new kite..I didn't want to mess up anything).

Alex

philth
Medium Poster

Postby philth » Thu Apr 12, 2007 7:14 am

My 2007 Raven 12/16 quiver is for sale at very reasonable price since I have a team offer.

Each kite has a DD 27m 22" and there's also a bonus 24m 20" lineset.

PM me for details... :bye:

Bain
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Bain » Mon Apr 16, 2007 3:08 am

What bar and line length are most of you using for the 16?

Thanks

philth
Medium Poster

Postby philth » Mon Apr 16, 2007 4:50 am

22" 27m DD bar/lines exclusively. Just worn through the first DD activation line after 20 or so sessions. How typical it was gusting over 30kts on my 12 too!! Good thing they provide spares. Am looking to sleeve the next one to avoid mishaps.

Return to “Kitesurfing”