Nobile pads&straps

Forum for kitesurfers
Newbiediary
Medium Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Nobile pads&straps

Postby Newbiediary » Wed May 09, 2007 10:01 am

Am I the only one that finds they just plainly suck?

No matter how much I tighten them, they always feel slippery, I just have to grab with my toes to desperately try to keep control... i'll have to put heel straps on them... I don't know whether it's a problem related to the pads (no grip) or the straps... anyone has the same problem? I like the board a lot but it's being let down by this problem, at least in my case. I don't like the idea of changing pads&straps.... I don't want to spend more money on my boards. On the presentation on website, the're supposed to be a breakthrough but I' finding the problems that they're supposed to fix with the new system!! I have normal feet, 42 euro size. This probem is mainly when I'm overpowered, but not only.

Any suggestion on bindings that go on nobile boards? I don't want to spend money on straps, but a good pair of bindings... that's another thing.

Ludmil
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Ludmil » Wed May 09, 2007 11:09 am

I`m interested to know either.
Recently ordered 666 w/o testing it wich will come within 2 weeks and as by now I`m very happy with my old Sol`s 06 pads & straps...

Regards,
L.

Dwight
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Florida
Gear: Any

Postby Dwight » Wed May 09, 2007 11:19 am

The ONLY problem in my opinion is they don't adjust small enough. I had to do a lot of material cutting to solve my wife's problem with them.

They are perfect for me. Excellent grip and fit. Better than many brands, not the best, not the worst.

Only small feet buyers should be concerned. Everyone else should be happy.

parlophone
Medium Poster

Postby parlophone » Wed May 09, 2007 11:52 am

my thoughts excactly! pads rule! also my girlfriend has the new 555 and we had to adjust for her (europ.)37 size-feet... so small feet may be a problem, but 42 should be fine!

sometimes we forget were we are coming from...remember first 'flat' footpads seven years ago... :-? I think we can say all pads are comfy now... :thumb:

frez
Medium Poster

Postby frez » Wed May 09, 2007 1:52 pm

Anyone fitted LF straps to a Nobile board?

Did they feel better than the Nobile ones? Do they fit? I am thinking about getting me a Shinn but like riding with heelstraps.

cglazier
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: Naish, Flysurfer, Alpine, Moses

Postby cglazier » Wed May 09, 2007 5:06 pm

They aren't the only ones with 2007 footstraps that cannot be adjusted small enough. I don't know where these factories get their foot measurements, but not all kiters have big feet!

My advice, if you have size 9 or smaller (US sizing) feet, do not buy ANY board until you are sure that you can tighten the footstraps enough.

:wink:
CG

Newbiediary
Medium Poster

Postby Newbiediary » Wed May 09, 2007 5:29 pm

If the boards were not so good i'd be a bit pissed... in the website Shinn says:
"too many great boards are let down by the quality of their accessories"
"with normal pads, average foots are ok, but small and big feet are left to suffer"

well both statements seem to apply to Nobile. I think heel straps for thsoe like me who are having this problem should solve it though.

j1finnn1
Frequent Poster

Postby j1finnn1 » Wed May 09, 2007 5:42 pm

The pads are a little hard, which makes 'em more slippery than some, but I've found that if I let my feet sink in to where the balls of my feet rest in the depression towards the front of the strap, they don't really come out too easily, even if I have the straps sort of loose. I've grown to like it. Maybe sanding the tops of the pads will help add grippy- ness to the pads? I've thought about it...

R Soul
Very Frequent Poster
Location: Str8 From The Horses Mouth... Ravens and Shinns... Love 'em.

Postby R Soul » Wed May 09, 2007 7:14 pm

I have UK 7 feet, and have no problems at all with the Nobile/Shinn pads or straps.
You probably are not twisting your front foot enough, which is the whole idea behind a wide footstrap.
You can crank both sides down, and the result is very small.

mig27
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Kijkduin, Scheveningen
Favorite Beaches: Brouwersdam, Slufter, Grevelingendam, Rockanje
Style: strapless hydrofoil and wave
Gear: Zeeko Notus5 5.5m
Flysurfer Speed 5 12m
Zeeko 2015 Pocket board
Zeeko 2016 Carbon freeride foil + racewing
Nobile woodskim 129x50 (with foil mast inserts)

Postby mig27 » Wed May 09, 2007 7:25 pm

I have the 2007 666, and have euro size 41. Mine are set to the tightest possible setting when riding with bare feet.

Indeed with overpowered conditions I have the same feeling they are a bit slippery.

What I find strange are the 2 plastic flaps attached to the footpads which have to slide inside the footstrap. But these slide into the bottom part of the strap, which separates these plastic flaps only with a small layer of neoprene, and no other padding.

Due to my rather small feet these plastic flaps overlap. After a 3 hour session I can feel this bump.

For the rest the board in normal conditions does not need straps at all to stay on top of it! First time my straps were too loose, did not loose the board any time!

Return to “Kitesurfing”