Virginia Key Miami KITEBOARDING BAN

Forum for kitesurfers
ruffridah89
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby ruffridah89 » Mon May 28, 2007 5:44 pm

Thanks Karen for the clarrification on Crandon. Im anxious to ride there again. Let me know!
-Danny

mikeysfl
Very Frequent Poster

Postby mikeysfl » Mon May 28, 2007 9:33 pm

not good.

Hunqi
Frequent Poster
Style: Old School
Gear: Ozone

Postby Hunqi » Mon May 28, 2007 11:07 pm

afflatus wrote: Summary:

The way to solve this most prevalent problem is to stay the f-k away from each other.

Take your Dog and pony show out of the shallows and in so doing, out of your fellow's sphincter.

To be dip shit is to create this hazard...

don't be a dip shit, simple as that.

Clear enough?

Hope so, butt to sure:

If you associate with dip shits, speak common sense to them; explain they are a cause of concern; that they endanger everyone and threaten everyone's future access;

that their motives are self aggrandizing; that they have their head up their ass, and as a consequence up your ass as well.

A simple suggestion might be in order:

Stay the f*** away from me d-wad, you dip-shit, you pompous, stupid, mother-f-er

Use your feelings of concern to guide you in this effort to make the offender aware of his misconception.

Simply explain to them that you don't want to die because he or she is a d-wad...

Be forceful, take a stand, the beach should belong to those who can think out loud...

Be the man,,

Kite safe, it's your responsibility to help the mother-f-ers become aware of their idiocy....

Help your local d-wad gain a higher sense of purpose.

Share your wisdom

And help them for they are just too stupid and selfish to understand what they do...

They need your help.

Give, it to them...
:thumb: :bye:

robertovillate
Very Frequent Poster

Postby robertovillate » Mon May 28, 2007 11:43 pm

This is truly unfortunate and this subject should be highlighted and kept in the forefront of forum topics. When I first read it a few weeks ago I was shocked and did not know how to respond at first. The disappointment that I sensed in Rick Iossi's post was staggering in a way. Even though I have never been to this spot, I know how valuable it is to the people in Miami.

It is a good idea to create rules, try to self-police within our own "enthusiasts"...but it just takes one or two people to F#@*K it up for everyone. We see this everywhere, and it is difficult when a few people flaunt their complete lack of responsibility in everyones face and then get the whole community banned from one spot after another.

So now, hopefully someone with some "pull" can open the ears of the agencies that have the power to open this spot again. How many "get out of jail" cards to we have at each spot?...not many I would guess.

I really feel like these individuals need to be brought to bear in some way. Who are they? Why can't they come forward and explain themselves? That's a bullshit attitude all the way. Why do people "protect" these routine problem riders? I see it everywhere...is it really OK for "so and so" do pull all sorts of shit because they are some local legend/primadonna/hotdog?...who cares? What are we to do when a domino effect of bans hits every beach within 100 miles of where you live?

I say - DON"T TOLERATE THIS AT ALL

It's a big problem. We need to solve it...otherwise the solution for the agencies concerned is simple and easy: NO KITING ALLOWED

uncleneil
Frequent Poster

Postby uncleneil » Tue May 29, 2007 12:17 am

robertovillate wrote:
It is a good idea to create rules, try to self-police within our own "enthusiasts"...but it just takes one or two people to F#@*K it up for everyone. We see this everywhere, and it is difficult when a few people flaunt their complete lack of responsibility in everyones face.

I really feel like these individuals need to be brought to bear in some way. Who are they? Why can't they come forward and explain themselves? That's a bullshit attitude all the way. I see it everywhere...is it really OK for "so and so" do pull all sorts of shit because they are some local legend/primadonna/hotdog?...who cares?

I say - DON"T TOLERATE THIS AT ALL

It's a big problem. We need to solve it...otherwise the solution for the agencies concerned is simple and easy: NO KITING ALLOWED
WOW!! Abunch of good info from a complete kook that has nearly threatened a very popular spot, students and riders in St. Pete, Fl. all by himself. You were told multiple times as an instructor to take your students downwind of the good riders and just ignored everyones requests. Instead you take your students upwind of 30-40 kiters and let the students ride out of control right thru the middle of the riders while you stand on the beach and blow your f'in whistle.

2 jackasses mad at everyone else for doing the same shit and getting pissed off at everyone else for doing the same. Good thing I live in San Fran now. Come on over and we'll show you some good old hospitality. Better make sure that if you do that your insurance is upto date. I and most others here won't stand for that shit.

Skyway Scott

Postby Skyway Scott » Tue May 29, 2007 12:26 am

You're clueless Uncleneil.
Roberto just got done teaching in St. Pete for the last 3 months.
He didn't do anything close to what you mentioned and what you've "heard".
Most people probably don't even realize he was here, because he chose areas to teach that contained the fewest riders.

Stick to what you see, not rumors and witch hunts.
If Roberto jeopardized our spots as you say, no one would be on his case faster than me. That kind of stuff wouldn't go unnoticed.

Jahmi
Frequent Poster

Postby Jahmi » Tue May 29, 2007 2:26 am

We had problems with a local launch around here. I took the initiative and contacted the local authorities to see what could be done to pre-empt a ban. To my surprise they asked us to inform them of when somebody was acting recklessly and they would deal with them individually. The solution was as simple as that. To many around here have the attitude that if we educate them they will ban us before anything happens. Clearly that is not the case and if we choose not to get involved they will ban based on what they see and hear from other users.

These parks and managed beaches deal with idiots everyday. Daily they have drunks, fights and irresponsible behavior from daily beach users. You don't see them closing the park to beach goers. You see them issuing tickets and fines to the idiots. The time has come to educate the authorities on what is responsible and what is reckless and ask them to deal with the reckless individually.

It's up to ourselves to preserve the launches in this sport. If we choose to sit silently on the sidelines hoping they never catch on to the kooks acting reckless and putting the inocent in danger then we get what we deserve.

I hope things work out for you guys in Miami and you get both launches back soon.

ruffridah89
Frequent Poster

Postby ruffridah89 » Tue May 29, 2007 3:49 am

uncleneil, are you part of xrated kiteboarding?

robertovillate
Very Frequent Poster

Postby robertovillate » Tue May 29, 2007 4:30 am

uncleneil wrote: ????????
I'm not trying to argue with you nor do I want the focus of this important thread to be distracted by a SINGLE situation that was clouded by some "personal issues". It would be nice though if you knew the facts and presented them straight. The personal issues and drama that escalated that situation have been reconciled peacefully and with respect by the way.

As Skyway Scott pointed out I always try to avoid a crowded situation when teaching - ask any of my students...on the 1 day you might be referring to I had started a lesson early in the morning before ANYONE else was there...then the wind picked up and a bunch of other people showed up 3 hrs after I started the lesson...I finished the lesson shortly thereafter (with, by the way, a student who was already riding and always in control - maybe not going upwind - but very much in control). I then moved to another beach for my PM lessons because the conditions had changed.

I do not think this was threatening the access to this spot though????

So I really don't know what else to say Uncle Neil?

So, chill and peace out and good luck to you.

mikeysfl
Very Frequent Poster

Postby mikeysfl » Tue May 29, 2007 5:30 am

Again? THis story repeats itself every year.

Return to “Kitesurfing”