Forum for kitesurfers
bleighty
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: why is BEST so full of crap?

Postby bleighty » Wed Jun 13, 2007 2:37 pm

coleman wrote:Now, this is not just a bashing thread.
...but you put the subject as "Why is BEST so full of crap?"?

lost all credibility and makes you look like a fool.

bleighty
Frequent Poster

Postby bleighty » Wed Jun 13, 2007 2:43 pm

coleman wrote: my point is that if a kite company makes "the greatest kite ever made" wouldnt itbe wise to keep it around for a while.
are you a f*cking joke?

ever heard of MARKETING...

seriously dude.. you border on retardation with a statement like that.

if i bought everything based off of an advertisement slogan I'd prob have to pick up a new car every week, switch insurance companies daily and buy a lot more beer than I currently do.. (not much tho)...

get a life.
cant believe i wasted my time to write this but you piss me off.

ScottM
Very Frequent Poster

Postby ScottM » Wed Jun 13, 2007 2:45 pm

bleighty wrote:
coleman wrote:Now, this is not just a bashing thread.
...but you put the subject as "Why is BEST so full of crap?"?

lost all credibility and makes you look like a fool.

Yeah I never got why they say the stuff they do on this forum, hence I can understand when people write the stuff they do!

Anyway there hasn't been so much of this Best, is Best, is Best.... everyone elses kites suck stuff....... thus there has also been much less bashing as well.

4rest
Medium Poster

Postby 4rest » Wed Jun 13, 2007 4:16 pm

You're a tool. Ever think that there are people that kite that don't live near a busy kite beach where people bring demos? Still waiting for a better solution...
coleman wrote:how bout this, go and demo some kites. then when you have flown a few sit down and think about it. maybe a glass of wine to loosen you up a bit. maybe then you'll get loopy enough to actualy fork over 1500.00 on a new kite :wink

I guess I am pointing out what has been drilled in to the ground for some time now, so sorry bout that, but this company is pretty amusing to observe.

laz
Very Frequent Poster

Postby laz » Wed Jun 13, 2007 6:19 pm

try the waroo pro and youll see for yourself.
its amazing, it boost huge and goes upwind amazing, lacks a little grunt though but whatever. and it doesnt flap like the 06 waroo did.
i liked it soo much i bought a 9 pro after i demod a 7 meter pro in 25-35
try it for yourself and who knows you might just like it :wink:

P.S my gk sonic is still going to be my lightwind kite cause the sonic is da shit for low end

windyboy
Very Frequent Poster

Postby windyboy » Wed Jun 13, 2007 7:18 pm

PIMP!!!!!!

coleman
Very Frequent Poster

Postby coleman » Wed Jun 13, 2007 7:44 pm

4rest wrote:You're a tool. Ever think that there are people that kite that don't live near a busy kite beach where people bring demos? Still waiting for a better solution...
coleman wrote:how bout this, go and demo some kites. then when you have flown a few sit down and think about it. maybe a glass of wine to loosen you up a bit. maybe then you'll get loopy enough to actualy fork over 1500.00 on a new kite :wink

I guess I am pointing out what has been drilled in to the ground for some time now, so sorry bout that, but this company is pretty amusing to observe.

wow...this has really got you going 4rest. Dont mind me, I'm just stirring the pot a little.
By the way, not everybody can cultivate such a super cool look like yourself so cut a hilbilly from texas a bit of slack.

velnens
Rare Poster

Postby velnens » Wed Jun 13, 2007 7:46 pm

:dontpanic:

4rest
Medium Poster

Postby 4rest » Wed Jun 13, 2007 8:04 pm

coleman wrote:wow...this has really got you going 4rest. Dont mind me, I'm just stirring the pot a little.
By the way, not everybody can cultivate such a super cool look like yourself so cut a hilbilly from texas a bit of slack.
I don't always think that if you don't have a solution you're part of the problem. But in this case... I really don't understand throwing shit up like this on the forum. You're hurting everyone's cause and it's a waste of everyone's time. Maybe you had a post like 2 years ago bashing Best and now you're just posting to say "Told you so?"

I grew up in Texas, I'm from San Antonio. If you're in Austin I'd doubt you're a Hillbilly unless you're out in the Hill Country with the incestuous deer population. Maybe it's just that you don't get out much? I've heard there is kiting on Lake Travis, but you probably have to drive 3 hours to Corpus for a good session. I'd hate kiting to if I had that situation.

sq225917
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1996
Local Beach: Cleethorpes, Hunstanton, Lytham
Gear: Eleveight and Flysurfer

Postby sq225917 » Wed Jun 13, 2007 10:15 pm

We stand by the Waroo pro totally it's continued to sell throughout the season, in fact it's picked up a lot in the past couple of months, which is awesome.

But the truth of the matter is that no matter how good a kite is when it is released, 6 months later the same designer can make it better from the experience he has gained since that release. In this case making it turn faster with less bar pressure and with better back stall.

Hence the new HP will probably still be the best kite ever made.... :wink:

Return to “Kitesurfing”