Naish Cult 7.5m....F***ing Amazing

Forum for kitesurfers
Don1
Rare Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Naish Cult 7.5m....F***ing Amazing

Postby Don1 » Thu Jan 03, 2008 1:55 am

I just got my wife a 7.5m Cult, she's been kiting for 2 years, Shes progressed fairly slowly until our latest vacation to Jamaica after her first session she came off the water completely stoked raving how she loves the kite. I took it out for a test run and I too did not want to put it down. It's amazing. This kite is the perfect kite for 95% of all riders, it's relauch is ridiculously easy and the kite cannot overfly....the wind on the beach was very gusty ranging from almost nothing to 25knots...out on the reef it's was a consistent 25knots but on the beach every kite would over fly unless the riders got up and going quickly however this cult did not over fly, this new helix shape is super stable. it's turns smoothly, quickly and with ultra low bar pressure...to date i have not felt such a low bar pressure...for a 7.5 m this kite is extremly powerful...i had been riding my 10m torch and was amazed how much power the 7.5m cult generated...After riding the cult I have decided to teach my parents to kite both are over 50yrs old and I am so confident that this kite will get them going.

Clew In
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Clew In » Thu Jan 03, 2008 2:05 am

Funny Stuff...

PAFF
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Frestyle and waves. Always unhookt
Brand Affiliation: Slingshot-Naish-Cabrinha-North-Best-Surftech.

Postby PAFF » Thu Jan 03, 2008 2:29 am

Well Why do you think i got a 6 and 7.5 for waves... :thumb:

Had a 7m Fuel and a Torch 6, and tried a Helix 7. realy like the 6 on short lines (17m) and the Fuel works great on 20m. Got to like the Helix 7 hookt in, but for both unhookt and hookt in waveriding the Cult just blow me away. Tried a 6.

The 6 is sold out here (the wave nerds like it :P ) so got a 7.5 and are waiting for 6.

The Cult is the best allround SLE kite from Naish this year IMHO.. The small ones for waves, the bigger for freeriding.

RichKite
Medium Poster

Postby RichKite » Thu Jan 03, 2008 8:06 am

The CULT is fantastic bought a 12m and only used for one session BUT it is great.

Bar is incredibly light and the range of movement is incredible. Love the ability to use depower on the smart loop - those of us under 5'10" with shorter arms. First time using the stopper as well - works really well when riding and shifts on heavy wipeout as i found.

The best thing about the kite is the feeling - whether in 15knots or later in 25 knots with depower the kite feels exactly the same .... also there is no flutter with depower - so kite just sits there stable with power on tap for when you decide to boost.

First 10 minutes where an education or more like a re-education on how to jump. Quite different from the bow or at least the feel was so messed up a bit not redirecting the kite in time. Dropped the kite in the sea and think that in light winds it is not as easy to relaunch as my old Halo's - kite sits in sky so well and on the waves it is going to be sooooo peachy. Waiting for my 7.5m

Rich

Rex
Frequent Poster

Postby Rex » Thu Jan 03, 2008 9:04 am

RichKite wrote:The CULT is fantastic bought a 12m and only used for one session BUT it is great.

Bar is incredibly light and the range of movement is incredible. Love the ability to use depower on the smart loop - those of us under 5'10" with shorter arms. First time using the stopper as well - works really well when riding and shifts on heavy wipeout as i found.

The best thing about the kite is the feeling - whether in 15knots or later in 25 knots with depower the kite feels exactly the same .... also there is no flutter with depower - so kite just sits there stable with power on tap for when you decide to boost.

First 10 minutes where an education or more like a re-education on how to jump. Quite different from the bow or at least the feel was so messed up a bit not redirecting the kite in time. Dropped the kite in the sea and think that in light winds it is not as easy to relaunch as my old Halo's - kite sits in sky so well and on the waves it is going to be sooooo peachy. Waiting for my 7.5m

Rich
Hi Rich,

I'm trying to decide between 12 and 13.5 for light wind kite - 8-15 kts. Would you say that I could go with the 12 or should I go with the 13.5? (80 kg riding directionals)

Thanks
Rex

RichKite
Medium Poster

Postby RichKite » Thu Jan 03, 2008 9:34 am

mmm I am 70 and if your surfboard is your lightwind board then rather have a smaller less draggy kite. I was also toying with the idea of my bigger kite being the helix 12m but think now that the cult 12 was the right choice. For me the cult 12 is good 12-25 and the 7.5 should be good 18 - upwards ...

Hope that helps - Rich

http://surfing-with-kites.blogspot.com/

JFB
Frequent Poster

Postby JFB » Thu Jan 03, 2008 9:49 am

I finally got to try the low end of my 9m Cult, well I didn't know I was trying the low end until I talked to the other riders on Torches 9 and lighter than me, they were not enjoying the conditions cause it was to light!! :o .
I was going upwind more than the Torches and Helixes 12 and Rebel 10m that were in the water. Jumping was not good.
The smart loop has its advantages but needs a lot of getting used to. Depowering and powering up is so precise but needs some effort, ( I doubt my wife will find it easy), with the normal system u could use any hand to depower, with the smart loop it is on 1 side so if you are riding opposite that side you need to remove your back hand from the bar which is not very practical or natural feel. I had my donkey dick out :) to prepare to unhook and I needed to depower, so I pulled the depower line, by doing so I unhooked accidentally and ended up in a small mess!
Unhooked the kite reacts very good, it remains very controlable. ( I am far from being an expert in that area but I felt comfortable).
The coditions got stronger and gusty and I was still confortable, it really handles gusts well and the top end is also good.
I am sure the 7m is even better...

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tautologies » Thu Jan 03, 2008 10:13 am

I have some really nice sessions on the Cult 10.5 for this island and that seems to be a really good size. I had a super nice session on it yesterday, almost one out and sideshore winds and some swell. Just one of those soul sessions where you can't do anything wrong...I wish I could ride a 7'5 on a regular basis, but I doubt that would work very well for me. Seems like a super fast and easy going kite....

:-)
Hey Rex how about you try the 13.5 for us. I've heard really good things about it, but never tried it myself. It would seem that for 8 knts, you'd want something like that.

In any case keep the stoke!!
A.

Dionisis
Medium Poster

Postby Dionisis » Thu Jan 03, 2008 10:56 pm

i don't understand the difference between Helix, Alliance and Cult. I have searched the website of Naish and as i understand it Alliance is for freestyle with 5 lines, Cult an all terrain Kite and Helix the same.
So where is their differences? Ok i'm newbie and i can't get things easily but how can you choose between those 3? Test ride here is not an option :)

Anyone that have test all of them and knows the different feelings?

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tautologies » Fri Jan 04, 2008 12:37 am

double post...
Last edited by tautologies on Fri Jan 04, 2008 12:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Kitesurfing”