Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Best is so LAME they have to buy postings.

Forum for kitesurfers
The Fat Lady Sings
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Cornwall
Favorite Beaches: Tarifa
Gear: Best, North
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Best is so LAME they have to buy postings.

Postby The Fat Lady Sings » Fri Apr 04, 2008 2:32 am

I bought a Best kite through a shop near London for only one reason...price. I work in a pub, and don't have a lot of money. But the owner of the shop is a good chap, and helped me out. So I thought anyway...

Even then with the deal I got, I felt like a cheap whore by getting a Best kite. The Waroo is about the most milk-toast, boring, stripped-down kite money can buy.

Oddly enough, they call me a "team rider" because I paid a few quid for it. Whippdeedoo!

Then I get this email below??? What the f#$k? Are they that lame that I have to be bribed to post comments on forums for them? I actually have to sacrifice my integrity just to get a cheap deal, on a cheap kite?

Screw that. I'm selling this piece of shite, and going with a brand that has more integrity.

READ THIS EMAIL BELOW...

Hi Everyone

And a big WELCOME TO BEST !!!!

My name if you don't already know me is Frazer Stewart and I am the UK and Ireland sales representative for Best

You are all in some way representing the Best brand either through myself directly or through a retailer

This season I am going to ask all riders who represent Best to get more involved with what is happening at Best and to ask you all to to push the products through being present at demo days, postings on local, national and International forums and websites.

I am going to order some really cool hoodies in a couple of days so can you email me the following information please :

Your name and address to send the hoody and which size you are, your phone number and your user names for the forums and the names of the forums you post on.

The reason for this is a prize for the most posts by a Best sponsored rider between now and October (posts being of relative and informative content).

The prize for the winner, you will be invited to the 4 day dealer party in October in Spain where you will get to meet the pro riders and use the 09 kit and generally party and have a great time !!!!!

Each time you post on the forums email me the link and I will add the post to your tally, person with the most and they have to be relevant posts, wins the trip.

You can all start with a post of the kit you are riding at present, old posts do not count, starting from today!!!!

Speak soon and lets let the UK kiters know who we are!!!

P.S. the list of team riders will grow over the next few months so you have a head start on posts !!!

BEST regards,

Frazer Stewart
Best Sales Representative
UK and Ireland

Eltreato
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Acadia, 3rd Ave.
Favorite Beaches: Manzanita
Gear: old junk

Re: Best is so LAME they have to buy postings.

Postby Eltreato » Fri Apr 04, 2008 2:57 am

Sounds like a damn good deal if you ask me. I paid full price for my kites.

Hook me up Best! :lol:

CorpusKiter15
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Wildcat, J.P. Luby, Port A, Packery, Rockport, North Beach (Corpus Christi, TX)
Favorite Beaches: Wildcat Park in Portland, TX
Style: Progressive
Gear: 07 Vegas, 07 Crazyfly, DaKine Tabu

Postby CorpusKiter15 » Fri Apr 04, 2008 3:47 am

That's best for you. Undercut their retailers, free hoodies for forum talk....theyll do anything to sell their kites. Some say in the U.S. theyve "wal-marted" out the business, that's why some shops wont carry their gear....not to mention their gear is nothing special.

But to be brutally honest, whatever they're doing is working cause every beginner is buying best gear. I mean, how do beginners know what to buy? best sells all their gear from their website and its the cheapest gear so there ya go.

kgb
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Montrose Beach
Favorite Beaches: Cape Hatteras, NC & Tarifa, Spain
Style: Freeriding and wave riding.
Gear: Kite - Slingshot Fuel
Board - North Jaime Pro (twintip)
Brand Affiliation: None at all.

Postby kgb » Fri Apr 04, 2008 4:20 am

You guys must be hoodie wearing team riders trying to get "tally" points for that Sausage Fest they call a dealer meeting. Have fun pulling down your pants and sword fighting each other in Spain, because nobody really cares.

Or didn't you homo's read the fine print? Only one of you gets to go... :remybussi:

PAFF
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Frestyle and waves. Always unhookt
Brand Affiliation: Slingshot-Naish-Cabrinha-North-Best-Surftech.

Postby PAFF » Fri Apr 04, 2008 4:27 am

:rollgrin:

Lost for words... :nono:

panchito
Very Frequent Poster

Postby panchito » Fri Apr 04, 2008 5:26 am

That marketing idea is fantastic .... you can double sales by using your brand pimps which love to post how good their kites are anyway and for just a few free meals & hoodies .

At least in our Spanish forums this has happened since ever with Best fans and they have been doing it for FREE ....

Result : Best has at least a solid 15% market share which out of 30 brands is excellent !!!!!

Now ; here comes the untold truth ....

You buy whatever brand for x money which could be as much as 40% more comparing to a similar Best kite ....

Then you sell it second hand and guess what ? all brands will end up been sold for ( 100 up or down ) for the same price .....

If this was an idea from Simon ( Sq)..... my respect man :thumb:

Saludos

Franz

PS. I would love to be invited to one of Best Parties ...... shit man they know how to throw a party !!!

kitermike
Rare Poster

Postby kitermike » Fri Apr 04, 2008 6:40 am

The Fat Lady Sings wrote: I actually have to sacrifice my integrity just to get a cheap deal, on a cheap kite?
Right... based on your first post along with your avatar I don't think you had much to sacrifice.

windmaker
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: .
Style: Strapless surf and foil
Gear: F-One & Aeros kites/ HB surf/ Taaroa foil/ Manera

Postby windmaker » Fri Apr 04, 2008 6:57 am

Albert Einstein once said : Two things are infinite. The universe and human stupidity. About the universe I am not so sure...

Forums (not just kitesurfing ones) are the place where the average users goes to find information or opinions on their sport/activity. If all kitesurfing brands adopt the same policy as Best, forums have no more reason to be.

I personally beleive Best have just shot themselves in the leg because from now on however good their kites are or whatever good is said about them I will not beleive it and that is a shame for all the Best users who do give an honest opinion.

switch313
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: none i travel.
Favorite Beaches: el medano, sotovento, pounta beach greece, , portland uk, some dominican spots, anywhere flat
Style: wakestyle, power,big air sometimes
Gear: c kites
Brand Affiliation: not really

Postby switch313 » Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:16 am

mate your brutal....best are good....find a problem with the kite!, theres 2 and i only found them because on my beach theres up to 30 in the air at a time (the old ones). i teach on them alot and have seen the dominican locals pull double KGB's on then its a good service and the kites are simple no hassle........and they get the local community involved, if you dont like this buy a 3grand foil. stop picking faults with one of the only companys producing no gimmicks equipment that works and comes at a good price.

apwa06
Medium Poster

Postby apwa06 » Fri Apr 04, 2008 9:09 am

Best does their job perfectly, awsome marketing, and legitimate product with cheap prices.
What more can a customer ask for?

Return to “Kitesurfing”