Cabrinha Prankster 150 VS Liquid Force Picklefork 161

Forum for kitesurfers
PM
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby PM » Mon Jun 17, 2002 6:24 pm

I would like to have some opinions about this two boards, specially when riding in low winds (18/25 Km/h)

Postby Guest » Mon Jun 17, 2002 8:27 pm

It's an easy choice, the Spoiler is much better. The solid tail and newer design makes it plane in less wind, yet ride in high winds great too. The Spolier works better in chop too. The pickle fork is bouncy in the nose.

Dwight

Postby Guest » Mon Jun 17, 2002 8:29 pm

Oops, I thought you asked about the spoiler. I haven't ridden the prankster. The prankster is too thick for my liking. I'd go with the spoiler. Thickness is bad. It doesn't make a board plane in less wind and it hurts high wind performance.

Dwight

Trikke
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Andora, Albenga, Tarifa
Favorite Beaches: Los lances, tarifa
Style: Waves to wakestyle, to g' old big airs!
Gear: '14 RRD 9m + 13,5m Obsession
RRD Poison 134x43, RRD AssoPigliatutto Pro, RRD Waveoff 5'6", RRD Domingo 5'8"x21"
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Trikke » Tue Jun 18, 2002 8:10 am

I think these are both good boards.However I have the picklefork 161 an I can say that its wind range is that you are looking for.I think the piclefork can carve better due to its tail shape and it is smoother in choppy water.It's like riding deep powder with a round tail snowboard or a swallow tail one (yeah!!!)

Postby Guest » Tue Jun 18, 2002 4:49 pm

Tikke,

The pickle fork cutout creates pitch instability in a wakeboard. It doesn't work like a snowboard. A cutout snowboard is to help sink the tail and make the nose ride high in powder without making the back leg tired.
On a wakeboard it's bad. That's why they don't make them anymore. The pickle fork is a 3 year old design. Liquid force is just saving money using the same old molds and selling old junk designs.
Ride a newer jimmy lewis shape and you will see how much better a sqaure tail rides. The front foot bounces in chop with a pickle fork. It does not bounce with a square tail. The spoiler is a jimmy lewis shape.
Dwight

Return to “Kitesurfing”