Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Best Bi-Directional Board Survey

Forum for kitesurfers
phree
Medium Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby phree » Sat Dec 15, 2001 3:54 pm

Looking to buy my first bi-directional twin tip board. If you have experience with the Wipika Olry, Naish's new bi-dir. t.tip, Jimmy Lewis, Roberto Ricci's or others, please post reply describing performance, durability, etc. Here on Kauai, Hawaii, the Olry seems to be getting popular in this style board. However, I've heard reports of suspect durability. Please respond if you have info on this type of board. Mahalo!

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 95 kg
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Postby Toby » Sat Dec 15, 2001 4:25 pm

HI,

I ride a Undergorund Lunch Tray 151.
With this board you just go for the first time and it runs great. Good upwind, good edging, good jumping. This board is for riders wanting to go with a bi for the first time, but already know what it means to go overpowered. It is like a wakeboard but has footstraps. Therefore you need more power than a board longer and bigger.
But there are many other boards out there which are great too. The F-One is a good board and at the moment it is quiet cheap if you can get a 2001 model.

Hope that helps. :wink:
Toby

SupaEZ
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Space coast Florida 5th street
Favorite Beaches: One block from condo
Style: surfboard strap waves transitions
Gear: Boards quads & tri
Kites19-17-12-10-8-6-5 sqm
Has thanked: 0

Re:

Postby SupaEZ » Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:24 am

Toby wrote:HI,

I ride a Undergorund Lunch Tray 151.
With this board you just go for the first time and it runs great. Good upwind, good edging, good jumping. This board is for riders wanting to go with a bi for the first time, but already know what it means to go overpowered. It is like a wakeboard but has footstraps. Therefore you need more power than a board longer and bigger.
But there are many other boards out there which are great too. The F-One is a good board and at the moment it is quiet cheap if you can get a 2001 model.

Hope that helps. :wink:
Toby
+151 :thumb:

pj sofine
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2001
Style: silly
Gear: naish pivots 9,11, rpm 7,8,10,12 cf raptor ltd 136,140
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Best Bi-Directional Board Survey

Postby pj sofine » Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:36 am

May 2001 lightwave 181. Cutting edge, ditched my F1 directional.

Return to “Kitesurfing”