Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Surprising spot in Brazil – Taiba!

Forum for kitesurfers
vol
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Tarifa Spain
Favorite Beaches: Tarifa Spain, Prassonisi Rhodes, Brazil Taiba-Cumbucu-Paracuru
Style: hydrofoil, bigair, freestyle
Gear: Saul Custom Boards

Surprising spot in Brazil – Taiba!

Postby vol » Sat Oct 25, 2008 11:08 pm

Hi, guys! I have tried lot of kiting spots in the world and always wanted to visit Brazil. At last I'm here and I want to tell you about a cute kiting place that I found. Sure, in the beginning I went to the famous Cumbuco, but I really didn‘t understood why so many people are going there. For chop water and crowded lagoon? A fool mess. In Cumbuco I found just to good things – bar Machina Laranja and El Gaucho, where you can get the huge plate of best meat. So, I‘v been dashed and I decided to search other places and other spots. I came to a little fisherman's village near to Cumbuco called Taiba and I was very surprised by this nice and quiet place. I tried the downwind here, voof! the waves are nice and correct, dependent of tide, waves bigger or smaller. Most nice waves is while middle tide. After kitesurfing in the beach of Taiba I went by downwind to so cold Nova Taiba and found very nice lagoon, not big, but very cute. It‘s really a perfect place for freestyle and tricks! And after two km from this lagoon I saw the "secret spot“. I heart about it before, but really didn't thought that it's so cool! Really good waves on the reef and there is a big area of really flat water. After having kiting in the „secret spot“, I went by downwind to Paracuru. There is really good baraka (beach bar) here – to drink beer, coco-water and to talk with the guys about tricks and waves. Now I came back in Taiba's very nice pousada and think to look around and stay there a bit longer.
:bye:

joaofoto
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Surprising spot in Brazil – Taiba!

Postby joaofoto » Sat Oct 25, 2008 11:33 pm

nice video from taiba kitewave contest
http://www.morlima.com/videos/galeria_l ... _video=413

kitesurfingcumbuco
Medium Poster

Postby kitesurfingcumbuco » Sun Oct 26, 2008 1:08 am

Hey man
This spot is known for years allready
Every day there people going there from cumbuco
Personally i think there nobody on the lagoon of taiba because you go there and there more than 5 people its overcrowded.And there sharp rocks so watch out in the back
I think lagoa do cauipe in cumbuco is far the best in the neibhorhood
Not to forget the downwind from cumbuco to cauipe lagoon

Simply the best

For first part taiba itself i think its not so good .. but past the lagoa you do the downwind to paracuru nice area complete nature and better waves
Untill paracuru you are alone and than you can eat in paracuru baracca good food and nice spot

perroloco
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Acapulco, San Diego
Favorite Beaches: Acapulco, San Diego
Style: freeride
Gear: Slingshot Turbo 2 17m-14m-11m-9m-7m, Nobile 666 143 Ext, Nobile 666 135, UG 132, UG 128, Mako wide 150, LF Rawson 5'10''

Postby perroloco » Sun Oct 26, 2008 1:41 am

One tip bro. Chain all of your gear to your neck to avoid robery. Trust me on this one. :jump:

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 95 kg
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Postby Toby » Sun Oct 26, 2008 3:01 pm

the good thing about Brazil is, that there is a spot for everyone!

Different people, different opinions about the same place. Cumbuco has its fans, Taiba also, same for Paracuru, Prea, Jeri, and all other spots.

But be honest by mentioneing that the Taiba lagoon is small, and most of the time crowded, at least during the main season, same as the Cauipe lagoon, and Paracuru.

The secret spot between Taiba and Paracuru is not secret, everyone can see it on the lowtide passing by.

The downwinder from Taiba to Paracuru is one of the best in the world. For a smaller 7km downwinder the one from Cumbuco to Cauipe is very nice too. It has soo many fans, some doing 3 a day...
And Cumbuco has also 2 "secret" wave spots, listed on kitebeaches, but barely anyone rides there...so you normally have it for yourself...

Like I said, this coast has it all! And Taiba for sure is a nice place! But I recommend to come to NE Brazil, start in Cumbuco, then do downwinders or trips until Jeri, and find your place...I promise one of them will be it!

And on the safety side, Cumbuco was one of the worst, and turned to be one of the best now, with the Ronda police circling 24 hours with several cars...so now the bad guys go to places where they are not around! But in general, follow simple safety rules and you will be fine. Worked for me so far, and I only got robbed in other places of the world!

Enjoy!

vol
Frequent Poster
Favorite Beaches: Tarifa Spain, Prassonisi Rhodes, Brazil Taiba-Cumbucu-Paracuru

Postby vol » Sun Oct 26, 2008 8:32 pm

Today was very nice downinder from Taiba to Paracuru, swell was amazing, sometime really huge waves in secret spot.
I'll have waterproof camera in next week and try to do some videos :thumb:

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 95 kg
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Postby Toby » Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:41 pm

true, a nice swell hit the whole coast today!

vol
Frequent Poster

Postby vol » Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:48 pm

Down wind from Taiba to Paracuru
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abz2US0qJE4
:thumb:

MoC
Rare Poster

Postby MoC » Wed Nov 05, 2008 8:41 pm

Sh... I sure miss Brazil :D :D

s29feb
Frequent Poster

Postby s29feb » Tue May 10, 2011 8:20 pm

Would you like to own a place somewhere like this; then this apartment might be perfect for you?

Little slice of paradise apartment 106 right on the beach within a cracking development called Taiba Beach Gardens 2 built by http://www.sandgardenhomes.com/ and finished to an excellent standard.

Price has been dropped as I'm ooking to sell this place so I can finance a move closer to the beach in the UK.

The off-plan contract price was BRL$98K so a completed no-risk investment at less than the off-plan price. The brazil economey has gone strength to strength and if you don't want a holiday home then I hear the new port at Pecem means there is poternial for long-term rentals in the area so it could be a good investment.

For more information contact me via the forum or the agent Paul (English) via his site: AGENTS SITE

Return to “Kitesurfing”