kitesuf
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Slingshot Fuel or Rev 09

Postby kitesuf » Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:30 am

I think that buying new kites for season 09

But is in doubt because I do not know what kite I must choose. Here is a choice between Rev or Fuel 09

How is Fuel `s 09 lowend compared with the Fuel 08? is it really improved so much ? And what series would you choose if you had a series of two kites?I have been thinking off 7 and 11 or 9 0g 13?

As for Rev. Can I use it for Freestyle and how fast is it compared to the Fuel? turningspeed etc. Is the kite a pure freeridekite???

Here, is a series of two kites maybe a 7 and 11 or what would you choose???

I weigh 80 kg

thanks for your answer.

kitenake
Medium Poster
Local Beach: pismo
Favorite Beaches: portugal spain australia
Style: WAKE
Gear: slingy fuels

Re: Slingshot Fuel or Rev 09

Postby kitenake » Tue Dec 09, 2008 3:29 pm

FUEL !!! the REV is cool but with the new relaunch of the fuels and the insane depower you will be stoked. but if your going to be on waves only then rock the REV. :jump:

bluerocketboy
Medium Poster
Style: wakestyle

Postby bluerocketboy » Tue Dec 09, 2008 4:01 pm

i used to ride revs and have just ordered the 09 fuels for this season, the new relaunch sold them too me, i used to ride fuels before the revs and found them nicer unhooked. i'm getting an 11 and a 7 but weigh a bit less than u at 73kgs. the new fuels look awsome, but i don't think you'll be dissapointed with either.

p.s i'm willing to bet that the depower isn't awsome at all on the fuels, probably adequate at best!!

kakanala
Frequent Poster

Postby kakanala » Tue Dec 09, 2008 4:35 pm

Fatfish98
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Fatfish98 » Tue Dec 09, 2008 7:48 pm

kakanala wrote:Slingshot R.P.M. 2009

http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/5312/pic0095yk1.jpg

:wink:
they kept that quiet!! replacement for turbo diesel???

kakanala
Frequent Poster

Postby kakanala » Tue Dec 09, 2008 8:38 pm

trkite
Rare Poster

Postby trkite » Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:28 pm

RPM - what else do we know about this kite??

PGH
Frequent Poster

Postby PGH » Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:21 am

i had 2 07 fuels and 2 o8 revs just gone for 3 09 fuels and 1 09 rev.
the rev2 is a 13m kite and i got it as my big kite as i did have a 15m rev before but it was probably too big for me and got overpowered fast.

sunday i tried the 11m fuel and 13 rev out back to back.Started on the fuel in slightly more wind and its a beauty...really smooth power delivery..seems to pull from anywhere in the window but still has plenty of depower at the bar.
the low end of the fuel is much much improved over the 07's for sure and i certainly have a huge overlap in my quiver of kites now.
over on uk forum i said the bar pressure is higher than the 07's i had and certainly higher than the revs which seem "power steered" its not huge on the fuels but its there.
The 13 rev2 is a fast kite and this surprised me as i'd say its quicker to fly than the fuel 11.
it flys fast through the window and gets to the edge quicker (set on fast settings)

I'd say as to which one : the marketing blurb is right : the rev is the kite for 99% of all riders out there...it does everything well ,handles fantastic, jumps are good once the timing is dialled in, relaunch is easy, safety is a wonder (how does it do that?)
However : i went for mostly fuels as i don't personally like pullies and bridles and much prefer the direct attachment of 4 or 5 lines straight to the kite...simple and safe.
I did wear a bridle out on the 11m rev i had ..which was replaced under warranty ( :thumb: )
but its something that needs inspection regulary.
The only other thing that stopped me going for revs completely was that i tried a 7m 08 rev out and i found it too fast with no bar pressure at all and i had to always check where the kite was in the window (and thats with me using a 5m vapour in silly winds)
I know this year the rev2's can be slowed down so maybe if i try a 09 rev2 7m i may eat my words.
It comes down to how you ride and your budget : two revs will cover a lot of wind and will be more versatile but you "may?" prefer that constant power form the fuels.....i learn't on 2 line C kites so know how to use the board to control the kite.
try both if you can

kitecozumel
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: all Cozumel locations
Favorite Beaches: anywhere with wind and waves
Style: professional
Gear: Slingshot
Brand Affiliation: Slingshot

Postby kitecozumel » Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:01 am

I suggest you stay with Revs.
Revs are more forgiving for beginers.

Fuels 09 are back to the future on Cs.
Fuels are more for the experienced kiter.

Is almost like if you were learning to drive and then right away you want to jump in a Ferrari, yes , you will probaby will be able to ride it, but won't feel the beauty of it yet.

Time in "da water" will make you a better kiteboarder.
Get wet,
cheers,
Raul.

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 95 kg
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Postby Toby » Thu Dec 11, 2008 6:26 pm

I checked with Slingshot to get info for my Gear WIKI and they told me they are testing something new, but so far there is nothing new yet.

So I think the RPM stands for "Rubens Prototype Model" or similar.

More info they didn't give me, but told me they will send me news asap once they have it available.

Return to “Kitesurfing”