Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Best introduces the 2009 Nemesis HP

Forum for kitesurfers
eree
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Best introduces the 2009 Nemesis HP

Postby eree » Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:14 pm

windmaker wrote:Whatever the hype time will tell. My main concern as a kite repair center is can cuben fibre be repaired if damaged ?
first if it was sewed in factory then it has to be repairable.

but in generally, first best announce that it use best, strongest, litest, stiffest material (cuben) for the building of le. second they announce stretch tech to allow to stretch the le already stiffened by using "super material" cuben.

so where is the win? maybe it is loose - more expensive?

i saw the same (cuben) material on naish kites a year ago, i didn't hear so much marketing noise from them about it.

winds

Patrickm86
Medium Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Patrickm86 » Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:26 am

eree wrote:
windmaker wrote:Whatever the hype time will tell. My main concern as a kite repair center is can cuben fibre be repaired if damaged ?
first if it was sewed in factory then it has to be repairable.

but in generally, first best announce that it use best, strongest, litest, stiffest material (cuben) for the building of le. second they announce stretch tech to allow to stretch the le already stiffened by using "super material" cuben.

so where is the win? maybe it is loose - more expensive?

i saw the same (cuben) material on naish kites a year ago, i didn't hear so much marketing noise from them about it.

winds
I believe the main benefit of cuben is the better upwind ability and the speed through the window. Don't really see how naish had cuben on their kite with it being exclusive to Best.

dougols
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Sherman Island, Alameda, Bodega Bay, Berkeley
Favorite Beaches: Cabarete, South Padre Island, Boracay, the entire North East Coast of Brazil, Cozumel
Style: Freestyle, but getting into waves
Gear: Still on C kites, Naish Torches but open to change..

Love my 10 meter Nemie HP

Postby dougols » Sat Jan 03, 2009 4:23 am

Ok, like all the others I love this kite and I've been a Naish man for years.

Great jumps, hangtime, kiteloops smooth and powered and it cuts upwind higher than anything else I've tried. So, should I buy the 12 or 14 meter to go with this my 10 meter? I'm 160lbs and don't plan on getting any heavier and I usually don't bother riding if it's below 14-15 mph. I don't really like BIG kites.

schmoe
Very Frequent Poster

Postby schmoe » Sat Jan 03, 2009 11:33 am

I got to test it at the end of the summer. I did not notice anything special in turning, not good and not bad. It turns well and predictable as many other kites. Turning speed is fine but I think there are faster turning kites. Jumps well, upwind is fine, has reasonable power per size, in short I could not find any fault in the kites performance. I did not get enough water time to decide if I want one.

All that high tech on the leading edge is little worrisome in terms of durability and repairs. Other kites don’t have it and seem to do just fine.

Dann
Medium Poster

Postby Dann » Sun Jan 04, 2009 12:01 am

Patrickm86 wrote:
I believe the main benefit of cuben is the better upwind ability and the speed through the window. Don't really see how naish had cuben on their kite with it being exclusive to Best.

Cuban fibre is not exclusive to Best. I believe its original application was for sails.

Galeltic
Very Frequent Poster
Location: i m lost cause kiting adrenaline steal my soul with heart

Postby Galeltic » Sun Jan 04, 2009 2:48 am

long time ago they invented Cuben kite before it became problem and stop marketing
then why cuben come back ? what reason ?

Windrider
Very Frequent Poster
Location: Kailua, Hawaii, currently riding EH and OR kites (2013 Razor rocks!)

Postby Windrider » Sun Jan 04, 2009 3:25 am

Perhaps cuben fiber is not a good material for the canopy but works well for the LE. I thought that the HellFish was all cuben fiber, whereas the HP only has the center part of the LE as cuben fiber, and the canopy is normal kite material. True?

Dann
Medium Poster

Postby Dann » Sun Jan 04, 2009 4:27 am

Yes, it is just on the LE.

Talking to a local sail maker /repair guy who says the cuban fibre is so strong it's probably overkill for application on kites. He was very suprised to see it there.

Return to “Kitesurfing”