Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

TangleFree Kiting Clothing - Input Needed :)

Forum for kitesurfers
Krazedkiter
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: TangleFree Kiting Clothing - Input Needed :)

Postby Krazedkiter » Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:11 am

Get your pen ready and write this down. When you become rich don't forget about me. Send me lots of freebies.

Baby and childrens kiting clothes. Bam! Read the 'how old are you' thread in this forum. The majority are 36-40 year olds and most likely mostly men. A that age, most have children. What more would daddy or mommy kiter want then to drench their child in cool kite clothing with pictures or slogans that make it clear it is a kite surfing shirt. Everyone wants to be cool and let everyone else know they are "Kiters"!.

Sit back, take a deep breath and get your photoshop warmed up.

WildDuke
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Taurama beach
Gear: 2012 10m Airush Varial X
2012 12m Airush One
2012 9m Airush One
2012 Cabrinha Custom 140x42.5 Board
2012 Liquidforce Vantage CT boots
2010 Dakine Pyro waist harness

Postby WildDuke » Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:49 pm

V neck fitted t-shirts for men. There are no kite clothing apparel that do a V neck! Also not a huge fan of this messy looking skater trash designs. I agree with one of the other guys, I hate centred logo's , on the shoulder, down the side , across the sleve etc is great, but not in the middle of your chest.

Also I ask that you use the best quality for your apparell, If it means that I have to pay a little more, then I dont mind. You can really tell the difference in the quality and I dont wanna spend 10bucks on a tshirt only to have it shrink in the wash after two wears. I would gladly pay five times more than that for a top quality product!!

"If you build it, I will buy."

graphik
Frequent Poster

Postby graphik » Thu Sep 10, 2009 2:19 pm

Here's a crazy idea... make a shirt with a print of a harness around it, kinda like the tuxedo t-shirts. That would be neat. Or like a rip with the spreader hook coming out.

If you'd like any design assistance, let me know. Always willing to trade stuff for a few shirts or something. Graphic Designer in my day job.

KiteClothing
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Llanelli, Pembrey, Gower, Aberafan, Porthcawl.
Favorite Beaches: Llanelli :) Aberafan
Style: Pretty rubbish at the moment!
Gear: Looking to buy :)

Postby KiteClothing » Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:51 pm

titoislaidlow wrote:Post your blackbook or art style samples...
pah, afraid i can't. cause of rules and regulations and what not, but if you email me then i can reply with them :)

KiteClothing
Rare Poster

Postby KiteClothing » Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:54 pm

Krazedkiter wrote:Get your pen ready and write this down. When you become rich don't forget about me. Send me lots of freebies.

Baby and childrens kiting clothes. Bam! Read the 'how old are you' thread in this forum. The majority are 36-40 year olds and most likely mostly men. A that age, most have children. What more would daddy or mommy kiter want then to drench their child in cool kite clothing with pictures or slogans that make it clear it is a kite surfing shirt. Everyone wants to be cool and let everyone else know they are "Kiters"!.

*whoooooooosh* the sound of my impressed exhailation...

sounds like an awesome idea...and a very cunning plan, my friend. i like it a lot. i will never forget you!! :P
and tbf...when i get that old, the first two things my kids are going to hold are a kite and a saxophone. so you are right...

pens at the ready...

KiteClothing
Rare Poster

Postby KiteClothing » Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:57 pm

graphik wrote:Here's a crazy idea... make a shirt with a print of a harness around it, kinda like the tuxedo t-shirts. That would be neat. Or like a rip with the spreader hook coming out.

If you'd like any design assistance, let me know. Always willing to trade stuff for a few shirts or something. Graphic Designer in my day job.
you sound like you could come in handy...i'm too old skool for this photoshop/illustrator thing...trying to figure it out but man i suck. so...i may get back to you on that... :)

robert007
Rare Poster

Postby robert007 » Sun Sep 13, 2009 6:56 pm

Krazedkiter wrote:Get your pen ready and write this down. When you become rich don't forget about me. Send me lots of freebies.

Noted down my friend, it is going to be used someday, thanks.

fashion-clothing
Rare Poster

Postby fashion-clothing » Fri Sep 25, 2009 5:57 am

you can also try making bathrobes

deevious
Medium Poster

Postby deevious » Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:52 am

You could also try not doing what other brands are doing.
At the moment there already a ton of kiteboarding brands releasing a clothing line. Add to that another ton of small clothing specific brands littering cheap t-shirts; hoodies and what not with their own 'original' designs.
Why not make it even more interactive than what you are doing now and let people create their own t-shirts, hoodies, ... Have a monthly or even weekly competition for the best design, the winner gets his own design for free and that design is then sold as a limited series. Make sure that designs change at a rapid pace, effectively making every series a limited run. This keeps people looking out for new designs, shapes, models.
Spend time and effort on setting up a very efficient and lean supply chain, going from blanks providers to distribution channel (direct sales channel, logistics and re-sellers).
I have been toying with a similar idea, so if you would like some help, please feel free to get in touch.

cheers

Guy

FckGravity
Frequent Poster
Style: Wakestyle/Freestyle
Gear: Flexi HadlowPro's
Brand Affiliation: Crazyfly Team Rider

Postby FckGravity » Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:35 am

Make kitepants. I want some for boardoffs.

Return to “Kitesurfing”