Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Ram Airs Crash in Comps 2009

Forum for kitesurfers
switch313
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: none i travel.
Favorite Beaches: el medano, sotovento, pounta beach greece, , portland uk, some dominican spots, anywhere flat
Style: wakestyle, power,big air sometimes
Gear: c kites
Brand Affiliation: not really
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Ram Airs Crash in Comps 2009

Postby switch313 » Sun Oct 11, 2009 5:55 pm

ram airs suck even there team riders dont like them they just pay well as ther loyal customers are handing over enough money for the next nasa project for a kite

loco4viento
Very Frequent Poster

Postby loco4viento » Sun Oct 11, 2009 6:22 pm

switch313 wrote:ram airs suck even there team riders dont like them
I think you are right. They really suck. Lots of times when I'm out on my SA19 my friends won't ride with me at all. I guess they don't even want to be seen with me. They might spend a few minutes with me but they quickly change their minds and go way downwind to avoid the embarrassment of riding near a guy on a foil. Ram airs really suck!

just do it
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: Airush Varial-X, Airush Apex
Brand Affiliation: Airush

Postby just do it » Sun Oct 11, 2009 6:52 pm

tungsten222 wrote:Hahahahahaha, this is world class! Is there already a caribbean chapter of the world cross country snowboarding organisation? I would like to be the president! You made my day!
I guess you could practice this sport on the beach too. In actual fact now that I think of it it would work perfectly well on sand. We should name it cross country sandboarding and you could take care of spreading the good vibe in the caribbean. :thumb:

gbleck
Very Frequent Poster

Postby gbleck » Sun Oct 11, 2009 10:10 pm

ROFL. That was classic. You know though they really do make cross country snow boards though right? I think it's called backcountry snowboarding or something. Uses a snow board that can split into two ski's for the up hill then bolted back together for the down hill.

flyingweasel
Very Frequent Poster

Postby flyingweasel » Mon Oct 12, 2009 1:06 am

Last edited by flyingweasel on Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

alkiter
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2007
Local Beach: Jupiter
Style: Freestyle
Gear: Whatever works
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby alkiter » Mon Oct 12, 2009 1:16 am

just do it wrote: Well, XCSB still has a long way to go but as the equipment will now doubt get better in future, the sport will be elevated onto a much higher level.
In this case all credit must go to the pioneers who could see the potential all along.
You're right, but before that happens those pioneers should seize the opportunity and establish the International XCSB Association (IXCSBA). They would the be able to sanction competion events, set up an Instructor certification program, run Instructor training camps, etc. Now is the time to get in on the ground floor of this exciting new sport.

just do it
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: Airush Varial-X, Airush Apex
Brand Affiliation: Airush

Postby just do it » Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:42 am

ozonelevel wrote:
just do it wrote: Well, XCSB still has a long way to go but as the equipment will now doubt get better in future, the sport will be elevated onto a much higher level.
In this case all credit must go to the pioneers who could see the potential all along.
You're right, but before that happens those pioneers should seize the opportunity and establish the International XCSB Association (IXCSBA). They would the be able to sanction competion events, set up an Instructor certification program, run Instructor training camps, etc. Now is the time to get in on the ground floor of this exciting new sport.
Good idea, we definitely would need to establish a solid network of instuctors. For such a technical and potentially dangerous sport like XCSB, instruction should be made mandatory.

mountainkiter
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby mountainkiter » Tue Oct 13, 2009 6:34 am

:lol: Thanks LC4Viento, that was funny, my best laugh of the day! :lol:

tungsten222

Postby tungsten222 » Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:42 am

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Sed in urna et enim porttitor ullamcorper ac non ipsum. Proin eleifend orci quis ligula convallis et viverra metus porta. Fusce commodo eros ut sapien euismod venenatis. Proin suscipit auctor laoreet. Phasellus scelerisque viverra nisi eu malesuada. Etiam malesuada tellus non neque fermentum at molestie mi condimentum. Vestibulum gravida enim sit amet nisi mattis pulvinar. Suspendisse hendrerit ipsum id neque sodales ut tincidunt felis dignissim. Suspendisse potenti. Phasellus venenatis pharetra consectetur. Curabitur tempus lacinia dui. Nunc semper arcu id leo lacinia porta. Proin commodo adipiscing egestas. Suspendisse adipiscing enim turpis, sed.
Last edited by tungsten222 on Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kenny KAF
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Beauduc, France
Favorite Beaches: Beauduc, France :-)
Style: old style, big air!
Gear: Peter Lynn kites and old F-one SK8
Brand Affiliation: Peter Lynn kiteboarding

Postby kenny KAF » Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:05 am

switch313 wrote:ram airs suck even there team riders dont like them they just pay well as ther loyal customers are handing over enough money for the next nasa project for a kite
I don't quite understand all your post but from my point of view, I love my ram airs as much as anybody loves its own kite and find it the best kite in the world as any inflato pilot find its kite the best of the world. What's the point in writing your message? Do you really think anybody would be stupid enough to ride with a kite he does not like just because he is paid for that??? :o :lol:

Return to “Kitesurfing”