Tremembe, Brazil
Style: Allschool
Gear: Inflatables and Flysurfer
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: IKA terminates sanctioning for KPWT events

Postby K-School SafetyFirst » Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:42 pm

Toby wrote:But I assume 2010 will be the best year for our sport knowing what is going on behind the scenes. If you don't, take it easy with your comments.
Ehh... isn't this forum for SHARING information?
Why don't you tell us what's going on behind the scenes that will make 2010 "the best year for our sport" ?

K-School SafetyFirst
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: IJmuiden, Netherlands
Favorite Beaches: Vlieland, Netherlands
Tremembe, Brazil

Postby K-School SafetyFirst » Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:45 pm

tungsten222 wrote: what a scam IKA is (or do you say scum? my English is not that good :D ).
Methinks scam is bad business, scum is bad person

K-School SafetyFirst
Frequent Poster
Tremembe, Brazil

Postby K-School SafetyFirst » Mon Oct 12, 2009 11:47 pm

Toby wrote: wow, you must know all details ... Please explain further, I want to hear it all.
Indeed Toby, go ahead!

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 95 kg
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Postby Toby » Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:06 am

If you have questions to ask, I am sure you can also attend the meeting. Just send them an e-mail and ask.

I only share information which are facts, don't want to get into the gossip game. So I rather sit back and wait for facts. :bye:

kitesurf66
Very Frequent Poster

Postby kitesurf66 » Tue Oct 13, 2009 2:17 pm

Toby, I don't mean any disrespect, but you are their cheerleader in the forum. When it comes to spelling out since you say you know things, you back off. You cannot have it both ways. Either you don't know or you want to keep it to yourself. The let's wait and see attitude is just plain bs. For a "representative" organization, there seem to be a lot of secrets and that is not representative of anything good.

K66

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 95 kg
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Postby Toby » Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:18 pm

I am not their cheerleader. I just know riders, tour organizers, event organizers and IKA. I have info from all, and put my puzzle together. I also have my opinion about where I think the sport should go.

And facts I know I put online, also some parts of my opinion, but the majority of what is speculation I keep to myself to not start any gossip, because that is what it is until it becomes a fact.

Fact is: for 2010 there is only one world tour in the IKA, which is PKRA. Since only a world tour can have an official world champion, which is member of the IKA, only the PKRA can have an official world champion. This also means, that KPWT cannot announce an official world champion for 2010.

So, there will only be one official world champion for each disciplines (not two different freestyle champs like now in 2009).

Some people may think now, why the IKA, PKRA could done this alone?

Fact is: PKRA is a business, so they will decide buisness wise, and not for the riders, if a decision has to be made.
IKA is for the riders, this means, now the riders will have more power and things will be doen their way. Which is good, since now the IKA can focus on the riders and the structure of events, while the tour(s) can focus on the business side. e.g. the IKA will send judges, and also train them out of the money, the IKA receives as sanctioning fees. There will be a pool of trained judges, who can be sent to events around the world, national and international events. The quality of the judging will stay the same. If you have been to many different events, you would know, that this is a big problem currently...

Well, these are facts, and if my opinion is of any interest for you, all this sounds good to me, therefore I am looking forward to 2010, since it will bring the sport further in its development for events.

tungsten222

Postby tungsten222 » Tue Oct 13, 2009 4:05 pm

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Sed in urna et enim porttitor ullamcorper ac non ipsum. Proin eleifend orci quis ligula convallis et viverra metus porta. Fusce commodo eros ut sapien euismod venenatis. Proin suscipit auctor laoreet. Phasellus scelerisque viverra nisi eu malesuada. Etiam malesuada tellus non neque fermentum at molestie mi condimentum. Vestibulum gravida enim sit amet nisi mattis pulvinar. Suspendisse hendrerit ipsum id neque sodales ut tincidunt felis dignissim. Suspendisse potenti. Phasellus venenatis pharetra consectetur. Curabitur tempus lacinia dui. Nunc semper arcu id leo lacinia porta. Proin commodo adipiscing egestas. Suspendisse adipiscing enim turpis, sed.
Last edited by tungsten222 on Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Windrider
Very Frequent Poster
Location: Kailua, Hawaii, currently riding EH and OR kites (2013 Razor rocks!)

Postby Windrider » Tue Oct 13, 2009 5:23 pm

There can always be more than one world champion. Each "relative authority" can declare one if they want to.

Hmmm... I think we ought to have a world championship at Kailua one day. The whole world is invited. Therefore, the winner must be the best in the world 'cause the whole world was inivited.....
:lol:

Satan
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Satan » Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:25 pm

I have started the WKA (World Kitesurf Association) and I declare that only the WKA can declare a world champion. If any of the tours (or anybody else) wants to give me money I'd be glad to consider you in who we pronounce the world champion. For now I am world champion. No one can sue me for that. I can put it on my kite CV. I can do whatever I like with my title.

In other words Toby what you just wrote is a complete lie. Anybody can pronounce a world campion. In order for it to mean anything the masses have to accept it.

IKA is a business. Nothing more, nothing less. If you thing anything else you are naive and blind. If they can sell the product of "world champion" let them.

For now the winner of the PKRA is world champion because that tour has the best talent.

K-School SafetyFirst
Frequent Poster
Tremembe, Brazil

Postby K-School SafetyFirst » Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:08 pm

Toby wrote: So, there will only be one official world champion
.....the riders will have more power and .....
The quality of the judging will stay the same.
And because of that " 2010 will be the best year for our sport " ?

I was hoping for a perfect wind forecast, even better or safer kites maybe.
Worldwide doubling of kite beaches, that would make my 2010.
Not the IKA claiming they have the only champion.
But if that makes you happy, I'm glad for you.

Return to “Kitesurfing”