scoop leash???

Forum for kitesurfers
lemo
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby lemo » Tue Jul 09, 2002 9:29 pm

I'm having trouble connecting the leash to my kite lines - I think it's a bit too long? Or I'm not connecting it where it should be? At the moment I'm attaching it to one of the front lines at the knot just after the point where it's connected to the leader lines. At that point the leash is far too long - it's got at least one metre slack. Please help.

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 95 kg
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Postby Toby » Tue Jul 09, 2002 10:08 pm

not explained in the manual?
or maybe at their website?

nicolasc
Rare Poster

Postby nicolasc » Wed Jul 10, 2002 7:44 am

hello. You should link your leash to the extension line and not the leader line. With the extension lines you have a case and you make the knot with this case to attach the leash. I don't speak english well but you make the same knot than the one you use to attach your wing to the line. In this way the leash is not too long. If you make like you wrote your wing will be dangerous when you use the Quick release, it turns and turns powerfully. I hope you understand. Good wind

Postby Guest » Wed Jul 10, 2002 4:26 pm

Lemo, Dude... There is a sliding bit of sleeve on all 4 lines that come with takoon skoops.

On a FRONT LINE... Slide this bit of sleeve to within a few feet of the end of the leaders and larks head your leash onto this sleeve... adjust it so that the leash is not too slack or tight and you are ready to go.

lemo
Rare Poster

Postby lemo » Wed Jul 10, 2002 6:58 pm

...thanks for your help, but I'm still a bit confused. The end of the leash is not originally a lark's head (or maybe it is but I'm not sure)
As I understand the lark's head is the way I'm attaching the leader lines to the extension lines ,right? So if I connect a lark's head to the sleeve a few feet up from the leader lines on the front lines when I pull the leash the sleeve is going back to the point where the leader + extension line are knotted.
My question is why just not connect the leash just after that point so it can't move? Why does it need to slide a few feet down before the leash starts to pull/work?
thank you again

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: lemo on 2002-07-10 20:00 ]</font>

Postby Guest » Wed Jul 10, 2002 7:44 pm

Lemo, dude, this leash is not ready yet.

OK.. you make a loop with the sliding sleeve bit. With this loop you then hitch onto the knot thingy at the end of the leash. Do this a few feet away from the end of the leaders and the leash will not be too loose and saggy... simple really.

When you have leashed out a few times the leash may become stretched, like any other bungee type leash... the advantage of having it attached to the sliding sleeve is that you can slide the sleeve further away from the end of the leaders as and when you may need to as a result of stretching the leash.

lemo
Rare Poster

Postby lemo » Wed Jul 10, 2002 7:55 pm

thanks Gonzo :smile:
It's You innit :smile:

Dr.Gonzo
Frequent Poster