KiteCulture
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: Epic Renegades, Screamer LTD
Brand Affiliation: EPIC kites www.epickites.com
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: New Brand: Epic Kites

Postby KiteCulture » Sun May 16, 2010 7:38 pm

Pay... I've tried both kites and I really enjoyed the Nano previously. Give the Renegade a try... but wear a helmet because your head just might explode. It's fantastic.

My riding style tends to lean towards the Renegade vs the Screamer for me. I like the Screamer for snow kiting (great upwind) but for me.. I'm all about the Renegade.

To tune it... I rig the kite, put the two front lines one knot towards the bar (by mickey mouse ears) and ride. I never have a need to fuss with the strap or anything. In sufficient wind (11 knots) the kite doesn't stall on me. 15 knots seems to be the butter wind.

Looking forward to her what you think about it when you give it a shot.
take care

sol-flyer
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Southern Oregon Area, Including all coastal, & mountain area's
Favorite Beaches: tba
Style: Superstyle
Brand Affiliation: Wainman Hawaii
Mystic Kiteboarding
Trandscend Kiteboarding Apparel

Postby sol-flyer » Sun May 16, 2010 10:06 pm

Hey Guys, Here's some pics from the SPI kiteboard roundup event. Lots of people got stoked out
on the kites and the event was a BLAST!

grantman54
Very Frequent Poster

Postby grantman54 » Sun May 16, 2010 10:56 pm

wow that transcend stencil on the orange screamer looks really good. Looks like it was made for the spot. Did you just use spray paint?

Geronimo79
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Freeride
Gear: Epic Kites and Arise and Hyperflex
Brand Affiliation: Epic Kites and Arise

Postby Geronimo79 » Sun May 16, 2010 11:51 pm

Today i was kiting with a friend who ALWAYS rides my 14m Screamer. And he liked the kite alot.
But even after i told him to use the right knot for the powerlines today i discovered that he actually still hadnt changed it.

The wind today startet very low so i tried the 14m and for some reason i didnt have any real power and the kite was freakin slow. Then i noticed the knots of the powerlines that it was wrong, it was attached to the middle knot above the mickeymouse ears. And that simply means the steering lines are short.

So i landed the kite and reattached the powerlines on the knot closest to the mickey mouse ears.
When i started again, the kite moved atleast 3 times faster, and generated much more power and the kite got his pop back.
The wind picked up slowly and my friend rode the 14m again and he was like oO wtf,.. this is alot better then before and i already liked it.

So my suggestion to everyone that somehow isnt liking the kites look at the setup of the powerlines it makes a huge difference. Maybe you like it bettern then.

If you like the transcend stencil Grantman, wait until you see 2011 :D

wytcap
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby wytcap » Mon May 17, 2010 12:08 am

"If you like the transcend stencil Grantman, wait until you see 2011 "

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

suave1
Rare Poster
Local Beach: lac des deux montagne (quebec)CANADA
Style: race
Gear: épic,cabrina,flysurfer,fone,best,éclispe,concept air,
Brand Affiliation: épic

Postby suave1 » Mon May 17, 2010 2:20 am

Dimitri M wrote:Hello "prayfawind27" If you are a wave rider then the RENEGADE is your kite. The RENEGADE is version 4 (Momi's version) of the Kima. We improved it. The SCREAMER is the Momi's version of the Thruster. So we did a lot of improvement on both models of the kites to make them even better.
The factory made small mistake with the one knot on the bridle where you attach the flying lines to the kite. They made it 13cm shorter from the measurement we had, so it order to fix this you need to move the Grey line down 2 knots but do this on the bar where the Mickey Mouse Ears are just above the Depower strap.
But after flying the kite for 2 to 3 months then you might need to put the Grey lines back to the 3rd or the 2nd knot on the Mickey Mouse Ears because everything is going to stretch and settled. But that depends also if you have been kiting in very strong winds, this will stretch the kite and lines even faster then 2 to 3 months.
But this also depends on your type of riding. For example few riders like to ride the kite with the bar far a way from them but have full power, in this case they should leave the Grey Line (Break line) on the 3rd knot on the bar where it is now.

Any way I hope this helps. :thumb:

if you need more help email me at dimitri@epickites.com

Dimitri since you adjusted my screamer 7m he(it) does not behave any more as before I like him not bad more, me mastery more for more pleasure during my taken(brought) out, the extension of lines back made all the difference during descent in wind

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: I travel all over the world.
Favorite Beaches: So many to list....
Style: MY OWN STYLE :-)
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.
Just try the EPICKITES and you will see for yourself.
Brand Affiliation: Owner of EPIC KITES

Postby Dimitri M » Mon May 17, 2010 4:01 pm

Momi and Dimitri doing some R&D for the 2011 kites.
Attachments
IMG_0302.jpg
IMG_0302.jpg (127.22 KiB) Viewed 1466 times
IMG_0243.jpg
IMG_0243.jpg (161.63 KiB) Viewed 1466 times
Last edited by Dimitri M on Mon May 17, 2010 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

piedroporto
Very Frequent Poster

Postby piedroporto » Mon May 17, 2010 4:04 pm

about a week or 2 ago, i wrote a renegade 9m review in this topic. it's probably in the last 3 or 4 pages.
anyway, i promised back then to share a video of the next session. i was stuffed with work so i didn't have any time to edit the video and also the camera kept going "foggy" on me so i have to sort out this issue for my next filming session.

anyway, here's the few nice or acceptable images that i could edit from that day of kiting with the Renegade 9m.

Hope you all enjoy them.

[vimeo]http://vimeo.com/11804197[/vimeo]

http://vimeo.com/11804197

for some reason i can't post the video directly in here. if someone can give me a little help, the link is the one just above. thanks :thumb:

RefleXx
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Borssele, Neeltje Jans, Vrouwenpolder (the Netherlands)
Brand Affiliation: Epic Kites, Nobile kiteboards

Postby RefleXx » Mon May 17, 2010 4:28 pm

Pedro, nice movie and great kite :thumb:

But buy some Velcro for your ankles, the amount of watter in your wetsuit there must be annoying :D

piedroporto
Very Frequent Poster

Postby piedroporto » Mon May 17, 2010 4:34 pm

loooooooooooooooool...

i've been kiting for a looong time... and that is the 1 problem i've never bothered to sort out! i basicly stretch it a little and let the water out, 20mins later i'm doing it again!

ahahahah!!

funny you noticed that! :lol:

Return to “Kitesurfing”