Jaapdd
Rare Poster
Gear: ....
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: 2011 C4

Postby Jaapdd » Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:08 pm

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Last edited by Jaapdd on Sun Jun 28, 2015 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

marlboroughman
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Oldschool
Gear: Naish
Brand Affiliation: Make Kiting Great Again!

Postby marlboroughman » Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:31 pm

Ozone so far has been a good choice for beginners. From day one they never understood the needs of advanced riders. Their best products were the five line kites but still freeride only. Those kites were super comfortable gust eating upwind machines perfect for beginners. They are still far away from making something like a Vapor or HiFi never mind a Ckite. Now they talk more grunt beefier leading edge but I still don't hear the key words thus remain sceptical. Took them forever to figure out how to make a bar. :roll:

b0jangl3
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Barkers. South Sound
Gear: Freak Dog/EH
Brand Affiliation: Freak Dog/EH/Ozone/Aboards/Brunotti/Dakine

Postby b0jangl3 » Mon Sep 06, 2010 2:19 am

OK .. so Ozone in no way is a beginners brand ...

The C4 is not a beginners kite and Ozone make a top quality product. I have been kiting now for 6+ years .. the C4 hands down is one of the best kites I have ridden to date. I am not trying to be a pro, dont need reminders of the old days .. skipping accross the top of the water when shit goes wrong ... way past doing any marathon swimming to relaunch a kite ... just need something that is good no matter what I'm in the mood for.

Over the years I have tried everything from Fuel, Riphher, Diablo, Flow, Evo, Bandit, Torch, Vegas, Havoc, ... dude this list goes on. I have been fortunate enough to have a kite shop that carries a number of brands and live somewhere where we get a mix of all conditions, waves, flat, chop ... whatever your mood we have it.

In my honest opinion, for the every day average Jo (so 80% of the riders) the 3 best kites for 2010 were C4, RPM and Bandit. If you cant find one of these that fits your style .. you got something wrong.

Ayways ... back to the topic at hand .. cant wait to see and test the 2011 Ozone line. If anyone else manages to scrounge up some real photo's, would love to see them.

B0jangl3

marlboroughman
Very Frequent Poster

Postby marlboroughman » Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:28 am

Funny I don't like RPM either. Too me it was a failed attempt but at least well intended. In this category only Vapor and HiFi have the goods. I never tried Rebel but that thing seems to me has always been packaged with some weird ideas for promotional purposes only.

b0jangl3
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Barkers. South Sound
Gear: Freak Dog/EH
Brand Affiliation: Freak Dog/EH/Ozone/Aboards/Brunotti/Dakine

Postby b0jangl3 » Mon Sep 06, 2010 4:06 am

lol .. yeah cause being on top of the poduim is a failed attempt ... :-)

Will test them out next week at Hood River if LF and Airush are there so I can maybe try understand what you are talking about :-)

B

longwhitecloud
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Master Baiter. Oracle of windsport.
Gear: 2 sets of Flysurfer VMGs 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 15, 18. Foilboards ( Masts 75 90 110 125 Wings 880 950 1100 1350 1750) all with Ronix Ones attached. Soon to retire to Wingfoiling.

Postby longwhitecloud » Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:32 am

"Launching and landing unhooked???"

I have been launching unhooked for a long time - i still get looked at sideways sometimes lol

Make sure your kite is depowerd so trimmed when unhooked
Make sure kite size is right kite for wind
Make sure kite flags if you let go (otherwise not much point in doing it)
Don't hold on for grim death if you think you are going pear shaped - let go sooner than later
Of course don't have anyone downwind of you.

It's not a bad idea with bridles and pullies around today that can get wrapped, jammed, break, and send the kite into an immediate death loop. Someone here got a launch (all safe..) - no one noticed bridle caught around wingtip just slightly and they got deathlooped 15 foot onto their head unconsicous for 10 minutes.

marlboroughman
Very Frequent Poster

Postby marlboroughman » Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:05 pm

b0jangl3 wrote:lol .. yeah cause being on top of the poduim is a failed attempt ... :-)
Being good for unhooked is not everything. RPM loops like a bow when set up to fly back in the window it backstalls in waves and when it falls in the water on its back it inverts because of short wings or like SS like to call it, leading open C design, bunch of crock and bullshit.

naishdude
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Holland
Spain
Danemark
France
Favorite Beaches: everywhere at the seaside, where it is allowed to kite
Style: cruising& wave
Gear: Airush Sector 54 V5, Cypher5'8 active, compact 5'6, Compact5'5 active, Limit Waves custom 5'6
Ozone reo V5 12 9 7 5
Brand Affiliation: none

Postby naishdude » Mon Sep 06, 2010 2:33 pm

Hannay wrote:Hello, this is the new one, 2011 brings a slightly thicker LE with a more powerful profile for more low end grunt. Apart from a ton of new features on the kite such as a Boston valve for faster pump up and pack down, cleaner tips and zip, there is also a unique new system to trim the kite in two seconds without changing the bridles.

You can chose between a wakestyle grunty classic C kite feel or swap it back to the full depower C4 that we have all loved this year. All with a simple two second change.

If it is a gnarly big wave day you can ride with the safety and comfort of the full depower setting or if it is flat water freestyle time then pop it into Classic C mode and rip it up like the old days with all the comforts of todays relaunch, safety and kite speed.

I am excited. :-)

Iain
Iain,
Hi , any idea whether the other types like Catalyst...Zephyr will have the Boston valve system too?
Thx
Frank

shawntkeating
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby shawntkeating » Mon Sep 06, 2010 2:51 pm

First kite iv ever bought/used was a 2010 13m C4 and now picked up a 10m. I just felt id let people know that I am very happy with the kite. If the improvements are true about the 2011 then it is only going to be even better. I know this kite can easily please everyone from the experienced to the non experienced. Being that I am new, I will say what a pleasure it has been having a good kite that can grow with me. Im not pimping here, I paid for all my gear. I would always recommend trying it but if you cant well then go for it.

Dr_Rosen
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Dr_Rosen » Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:25 pm

shawntkeating wrote:First kite iv ever bought/used was a 2010 13m C4 and now picked up a 10m. I just felt id let people know that I am very happy with the kite. If the improvements are true about the 2011 then it is only going to be even better. I know this kite can easily please everyone from the experienced to the non experienced. Being that I am new, I will say what a pleasure it has been having a good kite that can grow with me. Im not pimping here, I paid for all my gear. I would always recommend trying it but if you cant well then go for it.
I'm sure you're right, but maybe a (just a tiny) little early for you to conclude on behalf of the experienced riders out there :D :wink:

Return to “Kitesurfing”