Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Ocean Rodeo Predator

Forum for kitesurfers
tinge
Medium Poster
Local Beach: vestfjorden
Favorite Beaches: hua hin thailand, best so far.
Style: newbe
Gear: blade beast 10, naish cult 13,5 mystic harness,
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Ocean Rodeo Predator

Postby tinge » Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:39 am

way cant you just buy a regular drysuit and a cheap 2mm wetsuit to have over it ?
wont that be det same??

Rasmus Nygaard
Rare Poster
Local Beach: La punta

Postby Rasmus Nygaard » Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:44 am

Why cant i by this suit in Denmark? I need it, i want it and i wanna pay for it, but i cant by it. Please OR, get a danish distributor. if onthing else, contact me, and i will do the job.

Is someone selling the suit in Germany, Sweden or the UK that i can by from?

Last year i had the same problem, but i was told to expect a 3 month delivery time. Come on guys, you make this fantastic produkt, but no one can buy it.

Ras.

Cvaradero
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Varadero Town
Pond Road beach NL, Canada
Favorite Beaches: Varadero, Cuba
Pond Road Beach, NL, Canada,
Style: Wake-style/Freestyle/Surf
Gear: OR

Postby Cvaradero » Tue Sep 28, 2010 5:43 pm

tinge wrote:way cant you just buy a regular drysuit and a cheap 2mm wetsuit to have over it ?
wont that be det same??
Really? Do you think is that easy? Unfortunately it takes a bit more than that.

tbennett
Rare Poster

Postby tbennett » Tue Sep 28, 2010 5:47 pm

way cant you just buy a regular drysuit and a cheap 2mm wetsuit to have over it ?
wont that be det same??
Go for it man! And while you're at it pick up a tarp, some twine and a broom handle and make me a kite....thanks bro.

p.s. Don't need a board I'll just use the one I iron my clothes on.

Minnow
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2008
Weight: 88
Local Beach: Silver Strand, Galway, Ireland
Favorite Beaches: Dooks, Kerry, Ireland. Lamai Beach, Koh Samui. Sunset Beach, Oahu. Nobbies Beach, NSW. The Lagoons, Fuerteventura.
Style: doggie
Gear: F-One Swing 5mtr. Mako King

Postby Minnow » Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:47 pm

Ok Lads. Thanks for all the input. Placed the order today.
@Rasmus, There seems to be no problem getting the suits here in Ireland.
If you want the distributors details here send me a pm and I will ask him if he can supply you.
Lookin foreward to a toasty winter. 8)
Charlie

mo'wind
Frequent Poster

Postby mo'wind » Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:32 pm

I love my old OR drysuit the Pyro, why would I want to put on 3 separate garments??? The Pyro, like any drysuit, is a pain in the ass. The seals are the same. Why add more BS to do???

Its hard enough to motivate to go into 48 degree water with booties and a cumbersome drysuit. Are you guys losing it?

Cvaradero
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Varadero Town
Pond Road beach NL, Canada
Favorite Beaches: Varadero, Cuba
Pond Road Beach, NL, Canada,
Style: Wake-style/Freestyle/Surf
Gear: OR

Postby Cvaradero » Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:36 pm

mo'wind wrote:I love my old OR drysuit the Pyro, why would I want to put on 3 separate garments??? The Pyro, like any drysuit, is a pain in the ass. You add another layer???

Its hard enough to motivate to go into 48 degree water with booties and a cumbersome drysuit. Are you guys losing it?
Man, if you try the predator you will see what we are talking about, the difference is as big as a c kite from a sle, you can use the undergarment if you want or not, the suit is not a pain at all, not in the water or getting it on.

Ch

Burness
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: Ocean Rodeo

Postby Burness » Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:02 am

I've used the predator drysuit in water temps from 2 degrees to 17 degrees in perfect comfort. I got it this spring and have used it multiple times- in fact it has been the only suit that I have worn.

My old suits were the original Pyro, and before that an O'Neil Drysuit, Neile Pryde 4000 series, and many, many others from windurfing days.

Without a doubt the Predator is the best one I've ever had.

The best part is the manouverability as the outside skin is something like 1mm thick. The inside suit is breathable, very easy to get on and off, and you can layer clothes underneath. I usually simply use the one piece Ocean Rodeo garment which is one of those that keeps moisture away from your skin.

Prior to getting this suit i was using a GoJoe board recovery tool as i always found it difficult to get back to my board. With the Predator I find that I body drag way to far upwind as it is so smooth and efficient. Hence, no more Gojoe.

Finally, the outside layer of the suit has a built in hood which makes it super cozy and stretchy wrists which allow you to put gloves over the dry part but under the second outside skin.

I really recommend this suit.

Brad

jens_buhl
Medium Poster

Postby jens_buhl » Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:24 am

ORSales wrote:This zipper on the skin is a flat toothed, non water proof zipper and sits flush with your skin. We have many riders who wear a harness with the suit...
Good to know, but probably something that needs to be seen and tried in combination with the harness to be sure.

naishdude
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Holland
Spain
Danemark
France
Favorite Beaches: everywhere at the seaside, where it is allowed to kite
Style: cruising& wave
Gear: Airush Sector 54 V5, Cypher5'8 active, compact 5'6, Compact5'5 active, Limit Waves custom 5'6
Ozone reo V5 12 9 7 5
Brand Affiliation: none

Postby naishdude » Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:22 am

Rasmus Nygaard wrote:Why cant i by this suit in Denmark? I need it, i want it and i wanna pay for it, but i cant by it. Please OR, get a danish distributor. if onthing else, contact me, and i will do the job.

Is someone selling the suit in Germany, Sweden or the UK that i can by from?

Last year i had the same problem, but i was told to expect a 3 month delivery time. Come on guys, you make this fantastic produkt, but no one can buy it.

Ras.
You have mail

Return to “Kitesurfing”