Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Flysurfer speed 3 15m2 and 19m2 sweetspot?

Forum for kitesurfers
duloid
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Kralova, Dunaj, Slnava
Style: old school
Gear: Flysurfer Speed 3 15m DLX, Flysurfer Unity 8m, Flysurfer Speed 4 10m DLX, Xenon Rayo 130, Slingshot Celeritas
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Flysurfer speed 3 15m2 and 19m2 sweetspot?

Postby duloid » Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:15 am

back to original post

Davince .... from my experience the Speed 3 15 DE got better light wind performance that Zephyr 17m, I know that a lot of guys will disagree ..... but my eyes are not pussy, they see ... Zephyr is a great kite, but low end not as good as S3 ...
the pros of S3 15 is easy easy water relauching ... a lot of power in 11> knots ... can make tricks etc. easy handeling when the wind picks up ... up to 20knots, maybe more depends of your weight and skills .... high and long jumps
fast set up and pack up
light weight for traveling

and back to PMU and his 11 kg of the air in the kite , compared to 3 kg of LEI

PMU you must be a scientist ... so tell me how paraglide which is 2 - 3 times bigger the Flysurfer Speed 2 19m and can fly with 100 kg guy hanging on lines and make 100 - 200 kilometers ....... in 2 - 3 m/s

he got 22 to 33 kg of air in his paraglide + 100 kg of his weight + other gear 25 kg .. and he can fly ........ isn't it a miracle .??? 3 m/s ???

by your logic it's impossible .......

:o

peace brother

Pump me up
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Gear: Inflatables

Postby Pump me up » Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:45 am

duloid wrote: back to PMU and his 11 kg of the air in the kite , compared to 3 kg of LEI

PMU you must be a scientist ... so tell me how paraglide which is 2 - 3 times bigger the Flysurfer Speed 2 19m and can fly with 100 kg guy hanging on lines and make 100 - 200 kilometers ....... in 2 - 3 m/she got 22 to 33 kg of air in his paraglide + 100 kg of his weight + other gear 25 kg .. and he can fly ........ isn't it a miracle .??? 3 m/s ???by your logic it's impossible ....... :o peace brother
It's like trying to explain to a baby :baby: , but here goes: The problem with 11kg of air trapped in the pockets of large ram air kites (eg Flysurfer 19m) relates to inertia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inertia and having to move this mass of air across the sky.

Get back to me when you have read the article and have some idea of what I'm talking about.
:P

PMU

Kamikuza
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Sabae Beach
Favorite Beaches: Ol' Stinky
Gear: This, that, the other

Postby Kamikuza » Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:42 am

Ah PMU you got trolled again didn't you, sucked into a thread you just had to respond to - you can't help yourself, can you - owned like a bitch, yet again! :bye:

davince
Medium Poster

Postby davince » Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:46 am

Thanks you pmu I know already your arguments and counter-arguments.
The only pro of you being around is that the thread stays up the list. But it always end up diluting the conversation, it pumps it up and eventually the discussions dies of obesitas.

I like all tube kites, the tiny ones as well as the fattest ones. The ram air seem to do really well on the beach. Curious. Sill didn't find the "vastly superior" tube kites which work well for me in 4bft. Come on! 4bft is not bad, not ultimate light wind. 90% of kiters enjoy themselves in 4bft. But me.

so I look at the foil

Tone
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Tone » Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:49 am

This is me @ 110kg in 10 knots on a Flydoor L

http://vimeo.com/11778492

This is me @ 110kg in 15-16 knots on Cab custom

http://vimeo.com/14252475

you do the math.

Kamikuza
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Sabae Beach
Favorite Beaches: Ol' Stinky
Gear: This, that, the other

Postby Kamikuza » Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:57 am

davince wrote:The only pro of you being around is that the thread stays up the list.
Except when PMU gets egg on his face ...
"Whoops did I just call someone stupid for spelling 'defense' wrong cos I'm so stupid that I don't know the difference between US and UK spelling? Oh the irony! I better edit my post and pretend it didn't happen ..."
:lol:

Pump me up
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Gear: Inflatables

Postby Pump me up » Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:13 pm

Kamikuza wrote:
davince wrote:The only pro of you being around is that the thread stays up the list.
Except when PMU gets egg on his face ...
"Whoops did I just call someone stupid for spelling 'defense' wrong cos I'm so stupid that I don't know the difference between US and UK spelling? Oh the irony! I better edit my post and pretend it didn't happen ..."
:lol:
?
:thumb:

duloid
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Kralova, Dunaj, Slnava
Style: old school
Gear: Flysurfer Speed 3 15m DLX, Flysurfer Unity 8m, Flysurfer Speed 4 10m DLX, Xenon Rayo 130, Slingshot Celeritas

Postby duloid » Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:50 pm

yeah PMU thanks for your explanation which is worth shit again ... :baby:

you should know that but a delusion is a fixed belief that is either false, fanciful, or derived from deception. In psychiatry, it is defined to be a belief that is pathological (the result of an illness or illness process) and is held despite evidence to the contrary. As a pathology, it is distinct from a belief based on false or incomplete information, dogma, stupidity, apperception, illusion, or other effects of perception.

and this relates to schizophrenia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schizophrenia :baby:

jumarcil
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Bozo Beach
Gear: Core xr3: 7 and 9, escape 11m 2015, leopard 9 and 11

Postby jumarcil » Thu Jan 06, 2011 4:15 pm

Hey PMU start taking your pills again and when you start feeling better come and share your thoughts with us here on the forum because every single post I have seen from you lately look like it came out of a really fu&?% up mind buddy.

When it is funny it ain't bad but when you start posting toilets full of shit it is far from being funny it is just disgusting.

And by the way it is just kiteboarding; you don't have to be obsessed over the whole thing.

I seriously wish you the best for 2011.

Jules

airsurfer
Very Frequent Poster
Style: surf and hydrofoil big air and kiteloops
Gear: Ozone,Firewire, Moses, Zeeko,Levitaz, NP, ION

Postby airsurfer » Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:08 pm

come on guys give poor PMU a break, everyone has heard about his accident when he got his balls cut off by a girl on a foil trainer. You would feel and react the same way about foils if that happened to you. Still you have to admire his tenacity and commitment for his cause. Personally I enjoy the PMU posts especially now that he has figured out how to insert photos so keep em coming.
Attachments
beat_dead_horse_757.jpg
beat_dead_horse_757.jpg (25.73 KiB) Viewed 1410 times

Return to “Kitesurfing”