Pike
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: epic and truly unbelievable!

Postby Pike » Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:59 pm

hah hah hah!

After all thats been said I have to say I always enjoy your self vids Dimitri. Blind side one hand view - awesome! It was your directional vid which got me back on mine!

Unfortunately I could't hear a word as this PC has no volume but I'll watch again on the laptop when home :thumb:

BTW 'made by kiters for kiters'....well, who else? Mrs Doubtfire with her sewing needles?? :D

Kamikuza
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Sabae Beach
Favorite Beaches: Ol' Stinky
Gear: This, that, the other

Postby Kamikuza » Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:22 am

Dimitri M wrote:Test the kites for yourself ...
Still standing by, ready to pay for shipping :thumb: I'm not holding my breath though :lol:

grantman54
Very Frequent Poster

Postby grantman54 » Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:31 pm

Kamikuza wrote:
Still standing by, ready to pay for shipping :thumb: I'm not holding my breath though :lol:
With that kind of attitude why would someone send you a demo kite? Most people want to demo kites to see if they want to buy it. You want to demo a kite to prove its no good. If you already have your mind made up its not good, you probably wont like it in a short demo.
I have had friends that had a negative opinion of Epic kites when I first got my kites and when they first tried them they didn't like them. BUT now after months and many days of borrowing my kites they actually like them and even bought some. They just had to get over their own attitude.

Kamikuza
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Sabae Beach
Favorite Beaches: Ol' Stinky
Gear: This, that, the other

Postby Kamikuza » Fri Jun 03, 2011 5:08 pm

grantman54 wrote:
Kamikuza wrote:
With that kind of attitude why would someone send you a demo kite? Most people want to demo kites to see if they want to buy it. You want to demo a kite to prove its no good.
Your assumption is wrong.

Of course I want to demo the kite to see if I want to buy it - IF the kite is as great as everyone keeps telling us it is, it'll be an easy sale! All you have to do is have a little faith in potential customers and put your money where your mouth is. Or my money, as the case may be.

I won't buy from an ice cream vendor who makes endless speeches about how great his ice cream is - but won't let me have a taste unless I buy the whole bucket first ... don't see why it should be any different with my kite gear :bye:

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: I travel all over the world.
Favorite Beaches: So many to list....
Style: MY OWN STYLE :-)
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.
Just try the EPICKITES and you will see for yourself.
Brand Affiliation: Owner of EPIC KITES

Postby Dimitri M » Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:19 pm

Just got this email from a kiter yesterday and wanted to share this with you guys in order to show you how happy people are after demoing the kites. We must be doing something good in order to have people like that email us :D
And yes I did ask him permission to use his email as a Testimonial.
Dimitri,
Hope all is well. I have never contacted a sports equipment manufacturer before with regards to their product line. I was introduced to Epic by a friend of mine in The Bahamas.
Most of the guys are all converts and are sailing Epic down here now. I wanted to let you know that your kites are amazing. My buddy had purchased the Infinity and I had a chance to try it and was truly amazed that I was sailing in 10 knots! I was sailing upwind on an Ocean Rodeo 165 and was fully planing. BTW, I weigh 210 lbs!!
I just bought one and it is due to arrive here next week, can't wait.
Thanks for expanding our sailing days and giving us something to do during the light wind days of summer.
Lastly, you are an inspiration to watch on the kites. You make the young guys look like little boys...
Keep up the good work!
Jason

kiteriding
Medium Poster

Postby kiteriding » Sat Jun 04, 2011 4:55 pm

Hi guy's

one of my customer just send me this.

Sorry, the english traduction if from google traduction.

This is to tell you that last Saturday I tried the infinity with my friend and we have measured only 4.5 knots.

it's crazy how much pull this kite have.

I forgot the camera but Next time I will not fail the photos.Il there was only a kite on the lake. We measured the kite has been set to the side of a 16 m eclipse and that is pretty identical except as area infinity that is deeper and more elongated peak.

The eclipse was flying but the guy was not able to sail with a small surf board.

While infinity have sailed with a light wind twin tip that we made kévlard-carbon. (147 x 48 cm)

I look forward to retried with a 7 to 10 knots

The bar is very nice and comfortable to hold when one takes a hand in the center because it is bigger. I like this kite

Thank you

Voila, un autre client Satisfait.

Au plaisir. Stef :-)

mo'wind
Frequent Poster

Postby mo'wind » Sat Jun 04, 2011 8:32 pm

Who the f*** wants to ride in 5-8 knots? Desperate hacks who want to sell kites I guess. Get a sailboat and stop posting like idiots.

And if it "pulls" so hard in 4-5 knots it will totallly suck when the wind comes up, forcing you to come in for a smaller kite.

When did people turn off thier brains? Oh right, I'm on pimpforum.
Last edited by mo'wind on Sat Jun 04, 2011 8:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

L0KI
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: .

Postby L0KI » Sat Jun 04, 2011 8:34 pm

mo'wind wrote:Who the f*** wants to ride in 5-8 knots? Get a sailboat, take a hike with your dog, go kayaking, get laid, read a book, ride your mountain bike, go swimming, powered paragliding, rock climbing, take a nap, ......... whatever .
TOTALLY AGREE.

STF
Very Frequent Poster

Postby STF » Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:09 am

Who the f*** wants to ride in 5-8 knots? Get a sailboat, take a hike with your dog, go kayaking, get laid, read a book, ride your mountain bike, go swimming, powered paragliding, rock climbing, take a nap, ......... whatever .

I do, and I have a sailboat.

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: I travel all over the world.
Favorite Beaches: So many to list....
Style: MY OWN STYLE :-)
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.
Just try the EPICKITES and you will see for yourself.
Brand Affiliation: Owner of EPIC KITES

Postby Dimitri M » Sun Jun 05, 2011 12:30 pm

Who the f*** wants to ride in 5-8 knots? Get a sailboat, take a hike with your dog, go kayaking, get laid, read a book, ride your mountain bike, go swimming, powered paragliding, rock climbing, take a nap, ......... whatever .
That is true. Who wants to kite in 5 to 8 knots. I know I don't and that is why I don't have an INFINITY kite in my quiver of kites because when it is bellow 11 knots I have to work. I start kiting in 12 knots and above.
But I have seen few racers kite in 5 to 8 knots on their race boards using another kite brand but how fun is that :-?

Return to “Kitesurfing”