Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Ozone bar question

Forum for kitesurfers
SpaceRacer
Frequent Poster

Ozone bar question

Postby SpaceRacer » Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:53 am

Looking at Ozone kites. Much prefer a mushroom top hat push away quick release. Will any other 4 line bars work with this kite?

Thanks

bsideindy
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Ozone bar question

Postby bsideindy » Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:08 pm

the ozone bar is simple and effective. I use both type of releases ( ozone and north ) and prefer ozone. I have no trouble switching back and forth.

I did fly my ozone on my north bar once. big mistake. ozone kites flag to 1 line and you must have a compatible system to enable this. otherwise no depower upon release !

Kamikuza
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Sabae Beach
Favorite Beaches: Ol' Stinky
Gear: This, that, the other

Postby Kamikuza » Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:14 pm

Switch bar could be easily modded to work on a single line flag out ...

flipper231
Very Frequent Poster

Postby flipper231 » Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:31 pm

Kamikuza wrote:Switch bar could be easily modded to work on a single line flag out ...
As mentioned, it has to be a bar that flags to one front line so ideally two low front lines, not a high Y or any of these IDS-EVO-2frontlines flag out system. And then all lines to be of equal length. once you find, the right bar for you, test it at different lengths of depower strap, some kites do not fly well when depowered too much, as an example, my Fuse 12m does not fly well on my Ozone bar when the depower is pulled more than half.

My goal is to dismantle my North bar, switch the bar/QR system to my Ozone to have better QR, and adjustable length and still 2 front lines that come all the way down (very nice to relaunch in light winds). That bar will be the bar I use for all my kites (North and Ozone).

Cheers!

Jdizzle
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Marazion and Gwithian
Favorite Beaches: Marazion
Style: Bebinner
Gear: Ozone
Brand Affiliation: Ozone
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby Jdizzle » Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:46 pm

SpaceRacer wrote:Looking at Ozone kites. Much prefer a mushroom top hat push away quick release. Will any other 4 line bars work with this kite?

Thanks
Dude!!!! Ozone make the best bars without a doubt! The benefit of a pull down release is that IT WILL RELEASE EASILY WHEN YOUR LIFE DEPENDS ON IT!!!

edt
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2010
Local Beach: Michigan
Gear: ride hard, no regrets

Postby edt » Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:32 pm

SpaceRacer wrote:Looking at Ozone kites. Much prefer a mushroom top hat push away quick release. Will any other 4 line bars work with this kite?

Thanks
sure why not, though as said by flipper231 kites have different amounts of depower, so you might need to adjust it, but as long as you use a bar that flags out on one of the center lines it should work. I like the older style release myself, less likely to release by accident.

SpaceRacer
Frequent Poster

Postby SpaceRacer » Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:42 pm

It's widely agreed now that a mushroom/top hat center push away, which can be released with either hand is the safest. Its why most kite companies are moving to that system.

Kamikuza
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Sabae Beach
Favorite Beaches: Ol' Stinky
Gear: This, that, the other

Postby Kamikuza » Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:12 am

flipper231 wrote:
Kamikuza wrote:Switch bar could be easily modded to work on a single line flag out ...
As mentioned, it has to be a bar that flags to one front line so ideally two low front lines, not a high Y or any of these IDS-EVO-2frontlines flag out system. And then all lines to be of equal length. once you find, the right bar for you, test it at different lengths of depower strap, some kites do not fly well when depowered too much, as an example, my Fuse 12m does not fly well on my Ozone bar when the depower is pulled more than half.

My goal is to dismantle my North bar, switch the bar/QR system to my Ozone to have better QR, and adjustable length and still 2 front lines that come all the way down (very nice to relaunch in light winds). That bar will be the bar I use for all my kites (North and Ozone).

Cheers!
Like I said, modded easily - simply reattach the safety line to the OS handle ring. Done! Or make a new leader, use a stopper ball ... to make it cleaner ...

Ozone Kites AUS
Very Frequent Poster
Weight: 75kg
Local Beach: Lennox Head, NSW, Australia
Favorite Beaches: There is a reason I live in Lennox Head.
Style: Old Coot. strapped surfboard
Gear: Ozone 6/8/10/12 Reo V7, 10/14 Enduro v4, Zephyr V7, Edge V12 10M, Alpha V2 8/14M, Firewire Vanguard 5'2" and Evo 5'1" and Delta Designs ReVamp 5'9" couple of custom Blacksheep surfboards Mystic Stealth harness and stealth rope slider.
Brand Affiliation: Ozone, AxisFoils, Armstrong, Core, Cabrinha, Slingshot, North

Postby Ozone Kites AUS » Fri Aug 05, 2011 5:31 am

A completely new Ozone kitesurfing bar, with a fully spinning, single front line flagging system, and top hat push away safety release is just weeks away from release.
Ozone kites will work with any single centre line flagging 4 line bar.

flipper231
Very Frequent Poster

Postby flipper231 » Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:02 am

Jdizzle wrote:

Thanks
Dude!!!! Ozone make the best bars without a doubt! The benefit of a pull down release is that IT WILL RELEASE EASILY WHEN YOUR LIFE DEPENDS ON IT!!!
Have you tried it? I pull the trigger often since we have many spots where we have to drop the kite and roll the lines in the water... You have to pull darn hard to get anything done. One of the best but a still a few things to iron out

Return to “Kitesurfing”