Forum for kitesurfers
andersne
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Cabarete wind conditions January-May

Postby andersne » Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:57 pm

I'm considering moving to Cabarete from January to May and would like to know how the wind conditions are at this time of year. How many knots are average from month to month.

prayfawind27
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Blu hill, Coral harbour(in front of the little key) Go Slow, Club Med
Favorite Beaches: kite beach Cabarete , Crondon Park Miami
Style: Free style

Re: Cabarete wind conditions January-May

Postby prayfawind27 » Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:21 am

kidsan
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Kite Beach, Cabarete

Postby kidsan » Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:15 pm

This year we had some reasonable windy periods in the first part of the year but also some weeks with no wind.
I was using my 11m far more than my 8m.

From june onwards it has been a big change and i have hardly used the 11 since then.
(May was almost a complete washout)

Charlie d
Rare Poster

Postby Charlie d » Fri Sep 23, 2011 1:41 pm

The First few weeks of January can be slow but then Its Decent. Sometimes Purely Kiters do moan that there hasn't been wind for "5 Days Now" occasionally even "11 days now" even then they mean 18 knots, If u take a big kite U'll ride most days. Personally I never even Notice because I get up at the crack of dawn and surf so if the wind doesn't blow its a welcome break. If you Go to Cabarete U cant stress, You must get involved with some Yoga, Some SUPing, Surfing, Gym, Jui Jitsu, Long walks. Then If the wind doesn't switch on hard by 1 or 2 enjoy the sun and light breeze. So many epic beaches too. If you go for that period I grantee you will return. I consider it my second home. If you need any more details let me know. Its a good life out there.

SteffenB
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Dublin, Ireland
Gear: CB SB

Postby SteffenB » Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:15 am

Hi guys,
I have been searching the Internet for any intel on lessons in Cabarete, DR, more or less with success. There might be someone out there who's got recent personal experience to share. I am one season into kite boarding. And, fortunately, I could persuade my wife to get some lessons. Wouldn't it be nice to share this awesome sport with your loved one.
Therefore, we plan to spend our next vacation in Cabarete, Dominican Republic, in March 2012. So, has got anyone an advice which is the best school to get lessons for an absolute beginner and for someone like me who can go up wind already? - Thank you for any comment on that. Bye, Steffen

seanflex
Medium Poster
Style: free
Gear: flysurfer outlaw 10m, ozone acces

Postby seanflex » Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:30 pm

SteffenB wrote:Hi guys,
I have been searching the Internet for any intel on lessons in Cabarete, DR, more or less with success. There might be someone out there who's got recent personal experience to share. I am one season into kite boarding. And, fortunately, I could persuade my wife to get some lessons. Wouldn't it be nice to share this awesome sport with your loved one.
Therefore, we plan to spend our next vacation in Cabarete, Dominican Republic, in March 2012. So, has got anyone an advice which is the best school to get lessons for an absolute beginner and for someone like me who can go up wind already? - Thank you for any comment on that. Bye, Steffen

cant go wrong here..
http://www.facebook.com/pages/MARAJA-be ... 1423531727

badgb21
Very Frequent Poster
Favorite Beaches: High Pines - Duxbury
Chapin/Mayflower Cape Cod
Langebaan
Cape Verde
Gear: None
Brand Affiliation: None. - The words of the prophets are written on the forum “walls”-

Postby badgb21 » Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:21 pm

I used these guys a few years ago now.
It was the radios that really helped me progress.

http://www.kitexcite.com/lesson/

I just looked it up and it was 2006! Gee, that's gone quick. I did post up about it when I got back;
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2325969&p=311242

Kev

SteffenB
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Dublin, Ireland
Gear: CB SB

Postby SteffenB » Sat Dec 03, 2011 4:41 pm

thx, guys!