Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Airtime valves delaminating ...... outrageous!!

Forum for kitesurfers
POACHER
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2002
Gear: *

Re: Airtime valves delaminating ...... outrageous!!

Postby POACHER » Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:20 pm

I'm here to help.........really.

suRff
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: my lifestyle
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby suRff » Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:44 am

Happened on all my slingys over time. 06/07/08. Pain in the ass to repair. Almost pain enough to want to go foil..

Hipchops
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Huguenot Park Jacksonville
Favorite Beaches: Huguenot Park Jacksonville, Cabarete, DR
Style: Novice
Gear: Slingshot RPM
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Hipchops » Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:52 am

I had what seems to be this same problem. I bought some new ones and am trying to remove the old leaky stick-on valve and it's kickin' my arse. I read online to either dip it in hot water or use a blow dryer on it and it will come off. I've done both and have only been able to pry a small corner and I feel like I'm stretching the bladder. The water I used was nearly boiling. Does anyone have any advice on how to get this darn thing off!

TheJoe
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Texas city levee, Galveston, El Jardine and Crystal beach.
Style: Freeride, Foil, Surf, a lil freestyle
Gear: North Reach 7,9,12
Brunotti TT
Moses 633/483
Dwarfcraft Micro

Postby TheJoe » Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:12 am

Hipchops wrote:I had what seems to be this same problem. I bought some new ones and am trying to remove the old leaky stick-on valve and it's kickin' my arse. I read online to either dip it in hot water or use a blow dryer on it and it will come off. I've done both and have only been able to pry a small corner and I feel like I'm stretching the bladder. The water I used was nearly boiling. Does anyone have any advice on how to get this darn thing off!
If it is a regular bladder and not the orange bladder ( I just don't know about those never used them) the stretching will not matter. I know with the Wainman's you have to the white plastic back to get one to stick that shit just don't peel off. So maybe it's your kite. I suggest you use the Fixmykite valves they work. Did a repair with the U-stick valve and it came off instantly. Luckily the guys from Fixmykite where down in SPI and hooked me up right there on the spot. :D .

superstoke
Medium Poster

Postby superstoke » Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:13 am

Peter_Frank wrote:What the f... is "Airtime valves" ???

Remember, this is an international forum reaching fully worldwide, so many have no idea what specialized local things/names is ?

"Airtime" is what ? At least not a brand I've heard of...

Kindly, Peter Frank
Way to go dude, nice way to make the world know you are both ignorant, stupid and an assshole in one short post. Perhaps you are a bigger dickk then those arrogant pricks that run kiteschools at Tampa Bay and Malibu.

Maybe I'll click on a Naish post and bitchh that I don't haven't heard what Naish is.

Airtime bladders are no better then the universally crap stock bladders that come with kites. The U-stick valves suck as well.

Poacher, great post!!!

superstoke
Medium Poster

Postby superstoke » Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:17 am

Just to be clear Peter:
Ignorant because Airtime is fcuking everywhere.
Stupid because you think if you haven't heard of it, it most be tiny little local thing.
Assshole because of the arrogant nature of your post.

Bravo.

loeuftok
Very Frequent Poster

Postby loeuftok » Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:38 am

superstoke,
talk about arrogant...
the day you will have contributed to this forum has much as Peter has, you will have the right to call him names.
right now you just have the right to excuse yourself.

airsurfer
Very Frequent Poster
Style: surf and hydrofoil big air and kiteloops
Gear: Ozone,Firewire, Moses, Zeeko,Levitaz, NP, ION

Postby airsurfer » Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:03 pm

So Poacher what you're saying is that silicone nipples are better? they seem to be getting more popular around here anyway :lol:

jumarcil
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Bozo Beach
Gear: Core xr3: 7 and 9, escape 11m 2015, leopard 9 and 11

Postby jumarcil » Sun Oct 02, 2011 2:29 pm

Hipchops wrote:I had what seems to be this same problem. I bought some new ones and am trying to remove the old leaky stick-on valve and it's kickin' my arse. I read online to either dip it in hot water or use a blow dryer on it and it will come off. I've done both and have only been able to pry a small corner and I feel like I'm stretching the bladder. The water I used was nearly boiling. Does anyone have any advice on how to get this darn thing off!
Don't know ??? cause I bought an Airtime valve but I had the octogonal which is the one to use on their bladders; anyway I didn't like it because it was so hard to pump... Anyway I tried to remove it and I have never been able to; even after leaving the valve in boiling water on the stove for about 2 or 3 minutes. The only thing I have achieved is to burn my hand :-)

Seriously I removed the valve and left that octogonal part on the bladder and I applied a U-Stick valve on top of it. Didn't have problem since then. One thing though; valve delaminating can be cause by something as simple as to leave your kite in a black cargo box on the top of your car. I know cause a kite dealer that I know had a lot of cases like that.

SBBeachbum
Very Frequent Poster

Postby SBBeachbum » Sun Oct 02, 2011 8:12 pm

loeuftok wrote:superstoke,
talk about arrogant...
the day you will have contributed to this forum has much as Peter has, you will have the right to call him names.
right now you just have the right to excuse yourself.
Hey lutok, super stoker has as much rights as anybody else here. Besides, he is right this time. Peter does come over quite arrogant with his passive aggressive style.

Return to “Kitesurfing”