barrys3291
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

north vegas V naish torch

Postby barrys3291 » Sat Oct 01, 2011 2:34 pm

Hi,
What is the main difference in the two kites. I've been using the 06 vegas for a few years and need to upgrade. But not sure which one to go for, the vegas or the Torch.

HendrikVdP
Medium Poster
Local Beach: cadzand-bad Netherlands
Favorite Beaches: kitebeach el gouna Egypt
Style: freestyle
Gear: north vegas '10 7m
north vegas '08 9&12m²
undergound flx 132

Re: north vegas V naish torch

Postby HendrikVdP » Sat Oct 01, 2011 3:02 pm

if you have the budget , get a new quiver of vegasses !
i still ride my 08's and i'm gathering budget to update them

torch might be good as well but i've seen them frontstall and backstall so many times this year that i for sure never would buy them .
had multiple session on '10 and '11 vegasses and have never managed to frontstall this beast
the torch was brand new and looked super unstable .

keep in mind that when pumped up good and with good rider skills the torch is probably a great kite
just that the vegas looks a bit better in my eyes

and i can tell you the vegas 2010 and 2011are really good kites !!

Ludmil
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Ludmil » Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:05 pm

HendrikVdP wrote:if you have the budget , get a new quiver of vegasses !
i still ride my 08's and i'm gathering budget to update them

torch might be good as well but i've seen them frontstall and backstall so many times this year that i for sure never would buy them .
had multiple session on '10 and '11 vegasses and have never managed to frontstall this beast
the torch was brand new and looked super unstable .

keep in mind that when pumped up good and with good rider skills the torch is probably a great kite
just that the vegas looks a bit better in my eyes

and i can tell you the vegas 2010 and 2011are really good kites !!

You've seen??

Tested V2012 .It's very nice kite indeed.
Vegas has very smooth power delivery and is fast turning kite.
It also has tendency to backstall in light wind when depower pulled out - but so are many other kites.
Feels more like hybrid compared with Torch though...
Barry, I guess to test both and than to decide is the best way as they have very different handling.

L.

RDM
Frequent Poster

Postby RDM » Sat Oct 01, 2011 6:46 pm

Ludmil wrote:.
Feels more like hybrid compared with Torch though...
L.
Are you saying the bar pressure for turning the kite is a little more positive on the Torch, not so soft, not as much delay between bar input and kite turning...???

Ludmil
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Ludmil » Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:20 pm

Yes, kind of.
No delay actually,just felt it somehow soft with less feedback,probably the best description is less direct.
I rode it on wakestyle settings...
Nevetheless I did like the Vegas but for now I feel it's not my type.
Will test it again though as it is my kiting buddy's kite .

L.

JGTR
Very Frequent Poster

Postby JGTR » Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:39 pm

Vegas feels a bit more gay :lol:

Flown the 2011 Vegas and 2010 Torch - Torch felt more direct, bar pressure higher but in a good way, boosted better than the Vegas, Vegas felt smoother - slight SLE feel on the bar but again in a good way. The only year Torch that I've heard isn't as good is the 2011 with slight stability issues but these are apparently solved with a bit of bar tuning (I have owned 2007-2010 and never had any problems, but personally I've read enough negative feedback about the 2011 for me to avoid it). Prob no use as I haven't actually flown the 2011 Torch, I like C kite feel which I get with the Torch, Vegas does all the C kite stuff really well but feels like a SLE if you get me!

I can't comment on 2012 stuff but I'm pretty sure it will be the same for the previous couple of yearss :thumb:
Last edited by JGTR on Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RDM
Frequent Poster

Postby RDM » Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:43 pm

I know what you mean Ludmil, think it has to do with the shape of the wing tips... Vegas tips are far more curved and i`m sure thats the reason why it doesn`t feel quite as solid as the Torch through the bar....

Ludmil
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Ludmil » Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:08 pm

JGTR wrote:Vegas feels a bit more gay :lol:

Flown the 2011 Vegas and 2010 Torch - Torch felt more direct, bar pressure higher but in a good way, boosted better than the Vegas, Vegas felt smoother - slight SLE feel on the bar but again in a good way. The only year Torch that I've heard isn't as good is the 2011 with slight stability issues but these are apparently solved with a bit of bar tuning (I have owned 2007-2010 and never had any problems, but personally I've read enough negative feedback about the 2011 for me to avoid it). Prob no use as I haven't actually flown the 2011 Torch, I like C kite feel which I get with the Torch, Vegas does all the C kite stuff really well but feels like a SLE if you get me!

I can't comment on 2012 stuff but I'm pretty sure it will be the same for the previous couple of yearss :thumb:
Recently bought T 2011 10m. no stability probs except backstalling in very light conditions when I land some unhooked trick with bar passing.
I just started to pull the depower few cm.regardless light conditions and that's it.
On the other hand 2011 has longer lines slack...

L.

Return to “Kitesurfing”