Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Renegade "Infinity V2" light wind machine.

Forum for kitesurfers
joedy
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Been thanked: 0

Re: Renegade "Infinity V2" light wind machine.

Postby joedy » Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:55 pm

Dimitri M wrote:
Dimitri,
Are the rings available for purchase? If not, will they be offered for sale at a future date?
-joedy
Hello "joedy",
Yes we do have them available. But also you can find them in any Marine store if you want to save some money on shipping.
Just email me if you need anything else.
Dimitri,

I'll be down in Hampton, VA next month and can stop by West Marine.

What exactly does the marine industry call these rings and what size should I be asking for?

Thanks a bunch, Dimitri.

-joedy

windybrit
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2007
Weight: 69
Local Beach: AAO
Favorite Beaches: Isle de la Madelaine, Isle Lameque........ anywhere I can get water time
Style: awkward
Gear: Slingsht UFO 5 & 8 m
Airush Ultra 12
Cabrinha Moto 7 & 9 , Best TS 6m
OR Jester, Dwarfcraft w Fusion 950 Foil

Postby windybrit » Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:17 pm

ow... that makes me shudder to look at it..... I'm sorry to hear you are injured and just hope you'll be patient to heal fully and properly. I'll also thank you for the post because as someone older than you who has "tight' Achillies which he doesn't stretch enough, this will spur me to do more self help.

:thumb:

kiteriding
Medium Poster
Has thanked: 0

Postby kiteriding » Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:05 am

Hi Dimitri.

Outch, to bad , i thinks it's was a old injury you show us, the one you have in Greece, maybe 6-7years ago. when you jump over a tree, you know the video with convertible car and good looking girls :-)

Hope you the Best. Take Care man. :-)

i will be in the Epic Demo in 3-riviere, with Wax team the weekend of the 21-22 of january. i got 13LTD and R9 and Wax team have inifity v2 and Screamer to show and loan to the ride.

We will send you picture.

Viens nous voir dans notre kiteforum québécois.

Porte toi bien.
Stéphane

Séb
Frequent Poster
Gear: Flysurfer, Core, Shinn, Moses, Horue

Postby Séb » Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:52 am

kiteriding wrote: i will be in the Epic Demo in 3-riviere, with Wax team the weekend of the 21-22 of january. i got 13LTD and R9 and Wax team have inifity v2 and Screamer to show and loan to the ride.
Great Steph, and we will also have to demo an R7-11-13 and my Screamer 12. So we can cover any winds ;).

Séb

mo'wind
Frequent Poster

Postby mo'wind » Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:52 am

Rings for sale. LMAO.

ym
Medium Poster
Style: Wake

Postby ym » Sat Jan 14, 2012 5:29 pm

I've had long battles with lines wearing and I've tried many different pulleys. Including: the ronstan orbit block. What I found out was that the wear is all the same with rings or pulleys. I ended up replacing all the pulleys from my girlfriend's Renegade and using rings :)
At least now I don't have to worry about breaking and her having a death loop.
I totally recommend rings over pulleys because of no moving parts and it is much stronger in breaking strength. (In my opinion)
Just my 2 cents.

L0KI
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: .

Postby L0KI » Sat Jan 14, 2012 5:35 pm

ym wrote:I've had long battles with lines wearing and I've tried many different pulleys. Including: the ronstan orbit block. What I found out was that the wear is all the same with rings or pulleys. I ended up replacing all the pulleys from my girlfriend's Renegade and using rings :)
At least now I don't have to worry about breaking and her having a death loop.
I totally recommend rings over pulleys because of no moving parts and it is much stronger in breaking strength. (In my opinion)
Just my 2 cents.
Agree, the rings beat the pulleys.
The new sliding link pieces (metal), or plastic link (Caution Kites) or "plastic thimble" pieces look to have a smoother larger radius and should be even better.

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: I travel all over the world.
Favorite Beaches: So many to list....
Style: MY OWN STYLE :-)
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.
Just try the EPICKITES and you will see for yourself.
Brand Affiliation: Owner of EPIC KITES

Postby Dimitri M » Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:18 pm

Hello "mo'wind".
I see you just got few responses about RINGS vs PULLEYS.
Once again it is very hard to please every body because every body has their own opinion about what they like and what they don't like. So if you want some pulleys I have lots of pulleys for sale since we don't use these any more. Plus like I said before we are working on a new EPIC SLIDER which combines both in one. Maybe you might like this idea better "mo'wind".
:thumb:
Attachments
photo.JPG
Last edited by Dimitri M on Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mo'wind
Frequent Poster

Postby mo'wind » Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:08 pm

Dmitri, check the thread about"metal sliders vs. pulleys". It will clear up some stuff about bridal wear over time. Sure if you fly a kite 10 times its no problem whatever you use, but most of us don't live in that perfect world. We resell our kites, forget to check bridals in the excitement of having a rare good day, etc. This is why putting the SIZE on a kite, Quality parts matter.

I for one, having kited for 10 years since the c kite, am kinda tired of beta testing unproven or shoddy equipment. With kite prices going up every year we need standard bars, proven safety systems etc. Kites are not advancing much anymore there all good.

Hype gets old, safety doesn't.

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: I travel all over the world.
Favorite Beaches: So many to list....
Style: MY OWN STYLE :-)
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.
Just try the EPICKITES and you will see for yourself.
Brand Affiliation: Owner of EPIC KITES

Postby Dimitri M » Sun Jan 15, 2012 2:16 am

Poster: "mo'wind"
Dmitri, check the thread about"metal sliders vs. pulleys". It will clear up some stuff about bridal wear over time. Sure if you fly a kite 10 times its no problem whatever you use, but most of us don't live in that perfect world. We resell our kites, forget to check bridals in the excitement of having a rare good day, etc. This is why putting the SIZE on a kite, Quality parts matter.
I for one, having kited for 10 years since the c kite, am kinda tired of beta testing unproven or shoddy equipment. With kite prices going up every year we need standard bars, proven safety systems etc. Kites are not advancing much anymore there all good.
Hype gets old, safety doesn't.
Whaoooo..."mo'wind" that is amazing you have been kiting for 10 years !!!!
I personally have been kiting way more then 10 years and I have checked the thread about "Metal sliders vs Puylleys" (that was very nice of you, thank you for the help). But Since I own and run the EPIC kite company I have to be very careful about our quality, safety and take our R&D to the next level.
I have been kiting on pulleys for at least 7 years now, but 2 years ago I started spending more time on using Rings vs Pulleys. This is why some of my prototypes have Pulleys and other have Rings. So I think I am a little bit more qualify on deciding what is best for the kites.
Also I do kite at least 3 to 5 times a week so my kites are getting a beating and this is part of the R&D I do. Also the kites you see that I kite on are still my final (3G) prototype. I don't even have the new fancy (3G) kites :( and this is because I want to see the wear and tear of the kites. I usually try to keep my kites at least 8 months and then I can sell them to the public.

Now concerning the sizing on the INFINITY kite :roll:. This kite is a light wind kite, made for light winds only. What is light wind for you? 7 to 10 knots? If so then the INFINITY v1 or v2 is your perfect light wind weapon. NO NEED FOR SIZING when you can kite in 6 to 12 knots, correct?

P.S. As you can see all our other kite models have a size on them because they are made for stronger winds. So if you only start kiting in 12 to 18 knots and you are 165 to 180 lbs, then for sure the INFINITY is not the kite for you. But if you are 275 to 355 lbs then this is another story.
By the way you never answered my question!!! Do you want me to send you some pulleys?
Last edited by Dimitri M on Sun Jan 15, 2012 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Kitesurfing”