Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

2012 Wainman smoke vs 2012 Slingshot rpm?

Forum for kitesurfers
Cypriot 07
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Akdeniz, Karpaz, Alagadi, Lefke, Larnaca, Limassol, Famagusta
Style: Freeride
Gear: 2011 Best Kahoona V3, 2011 Shinn The Monk
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

2012 Wainman smoke vs 2012 Slingshot rpm?

Postby Cypriot 07 » Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:18 am

I planning to buy 9m. Kite but I couldn't decide what to buy, I am between 2012 slingshot rpm and 2012 wainman smoke, does anyone know which kite is better?

TheJoe
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Texas city levee, Galveston, El Jardine and Crystal beach.
Style: Freeride, Foil, Surf, a lil freestyle
Gear: North Reach 7,9,12
Brunotti TT
Moses 633/483
Dwarfcraft Micro

Re: 2012 Wainman smoke vs 2012 Slingshot rpm?

Postby TheJoe » Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:58 pm

You will be happy with both kites. I have not flown the RPM in a 9m just 10 and 14. Would say RPM is better for boosting as the float time is longer. The Wainman's boost high but you come down fast. I prefer the Wainman's in the waves they sit really deep and drift so well. Add the 17m line option and you have pure wave joy. Wakestyle the Wainman's have the edge in my book but this is just slightly.

Like I said you can't go wrong either one. Both are great kites with very good build quality and lots of adjustment options. I will say that If I could have just one kite it would be a Smoke. I can ride it from 15kts to 35kts.

Cypriot 07
Rare Poster

Postby Cypriot 07 » Fri Mar 02, 2012 6:46 pm

Thank you very much for your reply, most of the time we have waves so it might be better to go to wainmann according to your comments, however I will search for some other reviews if I find something useful I will post it here.

Cypriot 07
Rare Poster

Postby Cypriot 07 » Fri Mar 02, 2012 6:50 pm

Thank you very much for your reply, most of the time we have waves so it might be better to go to wainmann according to your comments and (if it is faster), however I will search for some other reviews if I find something useful I will post it here

vannibombonato
Frequent Poster

Postby vannibombonato » Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:05 pm

I had for 2 years a Smoke, and was always uber happy.
I'm an intermediate rider, no un-hooked moves, so probably didn't even scratch what it could do. But one thing is for sure: that kite had the greatest range i've ever seen, i had for the last 2 years a 7-9-12- quiver and was basically 95% of the time out with my Smoke (from well below 20knts to above 30). Can't recommend it enough.
Sure it's fast.
On the contrary, as much as i was happy with the Smoke, i was disappointed by the Boss (12m), which i felt gave me only very few knots below the windrange of the Smoke, and basically never clicked with it.
I believe Wainmans are very good kite, solid build, and for sure they're top of the level in all marketing and little design stuff, but hey, in the end they do give you a "cool" feeling. They sometime reminded me of Apple design...not necessarily having all the features that the rest has, but in the end they make you feel good in actually using them.

Then my quiver was stolen...and as i'm more into old-school floaty jumps i've now switched to North Rebels, but that's another story.

+1 for the Smoke, it has been 2 years of love, for sure you can't go wrong with it.

Return to “Kitesurfing”