magnil
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Sweden
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Cabrinha Chopstick - Which size?

Postby magnil » Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:38 pm

I have decided to buy a Chopstick but do not know which size. I still consider myself a beginner, 84 kg / 185 lbs, only freeride. Have a RRD Placebo 145x45 that I have not decided if I should sell or keep as lightwindboard.

Will 139x42 be the right size for me?

MattyRossJa
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Maiden Cay , Jamaica
Favorite Beaches: Maiden Cay , Bounty Bay , Round Hill , Pigeon Island (all jamaica)
Style: Freeride learning Freestyle
Gear: 2011 Cabrinha 10 Switchblade ... 2012 Cabrinha Chopstick

Re: Cabrinha Chopstick - Which size?

Postby MattyRossJa » Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:42 am

magnil wrote:I have decided to buy a Chopstick but do not know which size. I still consider myself a beginner, 84 kg / 185 lbs, only freeride. Have a RRD Placebo 145x45 that I have not decided if I should sell or keep as lightwindboard.

Will 139x42 be the right size for me?
i got the same board a couple months ago , i got the 144 as i just got it as a big board for choppy waters , i'm 186 lbs

magnil
Rare Poster

Postby magnil » Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:35 am

Ok, I will probably have the chopstick as my only board, still can not decide between 139 and 144.

RalfsB
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2009
Local Beach: Beaches close to Riga, Latvia
Style: Freeride
Gear: Kites: Ozone, Naish, HQ4, Gin; Boards: Gong and Alpine foil, Machado Moonbeam, a bunch of boards that I shaped

Postby RalfsB » Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:09 pm

I am also thinking about getting chopstick, most probably 149x44cm since in my area winds tend to be light. My weight is 75kg.

Séb
Frequent Poster
Gear: Flysurfer, Core, Shinn, Moses, Horue

Postby Séb » Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:26 pm

Since the tip of the Chopstick are curved quite a bit you have less surface in contact with water to plane so you need one size bigger for the same performance in term of wind range. I think you should go with the 144 if you want it as your only board. But depend on your winds. I try this size yesterday in 14-16 knots and it was really nice (i'm 88kg) goes upwind really easely, not great for jumping but ok and an easy to ride board for freeride in choppy conditions. It is also cheap compare to many. It is not in the lineup in 2013 however.

MattyRossJa
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Maiden Cay , Jamaica
Favorite Beaches: Maiden Cay , Bounty Bay , Round Hill , Pigeon Island (all jamaica)
Style: Freeride learning Freestyle
Gear: 2011 Cabrinha 10 Switchblade ... 2012 Cabrinha Chopstick

Postby MattyRossJa » Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:31 pm

Séb wrote:Since the tip of the Chopstick are curved quite a bit you have less surface in contact with water to plane so you need one size bigger for the same performance in term of wind range. I think you should go with the 144 if you want it as your only board. But depend on your winds. I try this size yesterday in 14-16 knots and it was really nice (i'm 88kg) goes upwind really easely, not great for jumping but ok and an easy to ride board for freeride in choppy conditions. It is also cheap compare to many. It is not in the lineup in 2013 however.
yeh the price was excellent , well i found a perfect condition used one for $220 , and yeh i agree to buy a size up due to the curved tips , and i also agree not great getting crazy pop

magnil
Rare Poster

Postby magnil » Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:27 pm

Seems like mist of you think I should go for 144 so I Will try that. Thanks all of you!

magnil
Rare Poster

Postby magnil » Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:07 pm

Now all chopstick are out of stock in Sweden :cry: Anyone know a good store in Europe that has them in stock?

RalfsB
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2009
Local Beach: Beaches close to Riga, Latvia
Style: Freeride
Gear: Kites: Ozone, Naish, HQ4, Gin; Boards: Gong and Alpine foil, Machado Moonbeam, a bunch of boards that I shaped

Postby RalfsB » Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:15 pm

magnil wrote:Now all chopstick are out of stock in Sweden :cry: Anyone know a good store in Europe that has them in stock?
I ordered one of the last from lonasport - they were out of the size I wanted first (149) so I went for 154. It looks like chopsticks are available in http://www.powerkiteshop.com/cabrinha_chopstick.htm but their price is a bit high.

magnil
Rare Poster

Postby magnil » Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:14 pm

Thanks, ordered a 144 with sync from Kingofwatersport. Please update with what you think of it! What is your weight?

Return to “Kitesurfing”