Rare Poster
Style: Freeride / oldskool
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

trouble contacting Skywalker kiteboards

Postby pienie6 » Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:44 pm

Hello,

Almost five weeks ago i did send an e mail with a question about my 2010 skywalker kiteboard to skywalker kiteboarding (sales@skywalkerkiteboarding.com) but they don;t react at all. i already twice in these five weeks did send them another e mail but still no reaction at all.

Does anyone knows another way to contact them.?

Kind regards

Pienie

wallyman
Frequent Poster

Re: trouble contacting Skywalker kiteboards

Postby wallyman » Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:46 am

I tried to contact them last month in regards to purchasing a board , filled in the form then they said all the boards have been sold ?? I replied to them but have'nt heard from them since. I will be surprised if this company is still in business

davesails7
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2006
Weight: 75 kg
Local Beach: Virginia Beach
Style: Race
Gear: ML B3
R1V2 11. VMG 13, 15, 18
OR Mako 130x35

Postby davesails7 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:11 pm

I thought Skywalker was part of Eclipse or somehow affiliated with them. I know Eclipse is out of business now, so I'm guessing Skywalker is out too?

Saami
Frequent Poster

Postby Saami » Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:52 pm

davesails7 wrote:I thought Skywalker was part of Eclipse or somehow affiliated with them. I know Eclipse is out of business now, so I'm guessing Skywalker is out too?
No, they are not part of Eclipse.

I bought a board from them in December. They were very responsive then, answering my e-mails right away.

Skye10
Medium Poster

Postby Skye10 » Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:42 pm

Skywalker X-series was one of the best boards we have ridden, and we ordered a few.

Now they are not responding and apparently have financial problems. But they now produce longboards under the brand Eternity Longboards, which is quite strange,

Sadly 6 months ago we ordered and paid for 4 kiteboards. Skywalker only sent 2 and since then they are not responding any mails or phone. We now realise that we have been ripped off, that they do not have any intentions to deliver the boards we paid for.

We have filed a report to European Cross Border Consumer Complaint, ECCNET.

Do not pay any boards in advance

mig27
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Kijkduin, Scheveningen
Favorite Beaches: Brouwersdam, Slufter, Grevelingendam, Rockanje
Style: strapless hydrofoil and wave
Gear: Zeeko Notus5 5.5m
Flysurfer Speed 5 12m
Zeeko 2015 Pocket board
Zeeko 2016 Carbon freeride foil + racewing
Nobile woodskim 129x50 (with foil mast inserts)

Postby mig27 » Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:20 pm

I have been riding boards from Skywalker since 2009.

I gave the opportunity to others to test these "budget" boards.
Many of them realized these boards have a budget price, but high-end capabilities! Best boards I have ever ridden.

Since 2010 the company was taken over by the son of the founder.
He was a very kind person, and helped out many including even a few warranties.

I was about to order a 2012 board, then suddenly all communication ended.

Today the Facebook page of Skywalker Kiteboarding has been removed without any notice.
I do have the owner still within my facebook "friends" list. But I get no response on chat or messaging...email...

I do see Facebook post of Eternity longboards even at this date.

Here in Holland somebody ordered a new board, paid and never heard from them since. That is two months ago. Last contact we had was in May.

Luckily I was about to make the money transfer on the moment the communication stopped!

A friend of mine has a 2012 model, but without the hardware. He is still waiting for that ever since.

Skywalker, what is going on?

Skye10
Medium Poster

Postby Skye10 » Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:18 pm

We run a kitesurfschool in Sweden and ordered boards for the school. They never showed up. Months passed and we never heard anything. And the complete silence from Skywalker have made us really angry. Meanwhile they answered other customers and sent quotations as everything was normal.

There was an attempt and suggestion to send just the boards without accessories since they did not have money to buy the accessories. But nothing happened.

The owner of Skywalker Kiteboarding is Andrzej Makowiecki.

Last year delivery and communication were fast and accurate. This year everything has been a mess. Really bad customer service and no communication whatsoever. Andrzej is blaming helth problems, financial problems and other things, but apparently he put a lot of energy into his new partnership / co-owned company Eternity Longboards, which is a part of Skywalker Kiteboarding.

Facebook-group is removed. Andrzej blocked us on friends-list. But Andrzej is alive and riding his longboards on events, competitions and happenings. Just as nothing was wrong.

Its fucking amazing.

Everyone that is affected of boards that has not been delivered should send a message to:

http://www.facebook.com/andrzej.makowiecki
and
Sales@skywalkerkiteboarding.com

We do not know if Andrzej at all is opening his facebook, but this guy is owner of longboardshop in Warzaw and has contact with Andrzej:

http://www.facebook.com/naotro

So probably one of the few ways to get messages through is to write to any of above. Phonenumbers are not working.

And also file a report to the European Cross Border Consumer Complaint, ECCNET.

WildDuke
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Taurama beach
Gear: 2012 10m Airush Varial X
2012 12m Airush One
2012 9m Airush One
2012 Cabrinha Custom 140x42.5 Board
2012 Liquidforce Vantage CT boots
2010 Dakine Pyro waist harness

Postby WildDuke » Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:00 am

Wow, great looking board! And very good website. I think its a very intuitive ordering process. Shame they are having problems. I hope that all of you that ordered, get your board!

mig27
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Kijkduin, Scheveningen
Favorite Beaches: Brouwersdam, Slufter, Grevelingendam, Rockanje
Style: strapless hydrofoil and wave
Gear: Zeeko Notus5 5.5m
Flysurfer Speed 5 12m
Zeeko 2015 Pocket board
Zeeko 2016 Carbon freeride foil + racewing
Nobile woodskim 129x50 (with foil mast inserts)

Postby mig27 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:25 pm

Many thanks Skye10 :thumb:

You came further than I did.
Health problems he never told me. He told us the hardware was not finished yet :-?

Since 2009 up till the end of 2011, all orders I knew about went perfectly! That is why I recommended this company so many times. I feel f-ed up as well.

We will try to get in contact with that guy from that longboardshop as well.
I am shocked to hear he did business with others, when he had the knowledge he could not deliver. I think he gambled wrong! What a shame!

I am still on his facebook, and he is often online. But he does not respond to us at all.
Skye10 wrote:We run a kitesurfschool in Sweden and ordered boards for the school. They never showed up. Months passed and we never heard anything. And the complete silence from Skywalker have made us really angry. Meanwhile they answered other customers and sent quotations as everything was normal.

There was an attempt and suggestion to send just the boards without accessories since they did not have money to buy the accessories. But nothing happened.

The owner of Skywalker Kiteboarding is Andrzej Makowiecki.

Last year delivery and communication were fast and accurate. This year everything has been a mess. Really bad customer service and no communication whatsoever. Andrzej is blaming helth problems, financial problems and other things, but apparently he put a lot of energy into his new partnership / co-owned company Eternity Longboards, which is a part of Skywalker Kiteboarding.

Facebook-group is removed. Andrzej blocked us on friends-list. But Andrzej is alive and riding his longboards on events, competitions and happenings. Just as nothing was wrong.

Its fucking amazing.

Everyone that is affected of boards that has not been delivered should send a message to:

http://www.facebook.com/andrzej.makowiecki
and
Sales@skywalkerkiteboarding.com

We do not know if Andrzej at all is opening his facebook, but this guy is owner of longboardshop in Warzaw and has contact with Andrzej:

http://www.facebook.com/naotro

So probably one of the few ways to get messages through is to write to any of above. Phonenumbers are not working.

And also file a report to the European Cross Border Consumer Complaint, ECCNET.

Skye10
Medium Poster

Postby Skye10 » Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:19 pm

Great news!

We have now been contacted by Skywalker and we strongly believe that things will solved.

Jurek, previous owner of Skywalker is coming back to clean up and organize the company again. We wish you all the best and looking forward to new range of boards, one of the best boards on the market.

Thank you again for contacting us, explained what happened and your efforts to resolve the situation!

:thumb:

Return to “Kitesurfing”