Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

2012 Naish Summer Kite Race Series

Postby Toby » Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:15 am

Naish News:

2012 Naish Summer Kite Race Series

Open-class-start-JHP.jpg
The Finals of the 2012 Naish Summer Kite Race Series took place Saturday at Kanaha beach park on Maui with perfect sunny and windy conditions, a great crowd and lots of tight racing. More than 50 people signed up for racing and the team Ride Relay event. The race is all about fun, but everyone is improving and upping their games so there are no easy wins. The race division is growing and there were new and young faces. Alex Aguera stayed ahead of the pack and his daughter Alexis was not far behind, beating most of the men. The starts of the open division, with more then 30 kiters starting together, was an unbelievable sight. Flash Austin and Patri McLaughlin traded bullets in the first two races, and in the final race Flash pulled it off with a close win. Kalia Aguera kept up the family tradition and was not far behind the leading men.

This was the final race of the Naish Summer Kite Race Series and the Hawaiian state champions were crowned combining the results from all the race days with the final day counting double. With Alexis and Kalia Aguera and Flash Austin, three Naish riders placed on top of the podium. The awards party kept going well into the night, capping off a full day of action and fun.

See results & article HERE
naish race.png
View full photo gallery HERE

windsurfer-resurrection
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: 2012 Naish Summer Kite Race Series

Postby windsurfer-resurrection » Sat Aug 18, 2012 5:15 pm

Not a single Naish kite or board beining used at the Cabrinha/St Francis YC, Crissy field thursday night races or the North American kite races last month. :argue:

The North American kite Races at Crissy had 62 competiters and the thursday night races have on average 35 or more.

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby tautologies » Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:48 pm

windsurfer-resurrection wrote:Not a single Naish kite or board beining used at the Cabrinha/St Francis YC, Crissy field thursday night races or the North American kite races last month. :argue:

The North American kite Races at Crissy had 62 competiters and the thursday night races have on average 35 or more.
That is too bad. I think Naish did maybe not the greatest job promoting their Charger kite. I think the charger is great race kite, but the release of the kite was too close to the release of the 2012 lineup. On the other hand, there were quite a few brands that were not represented....and as far as I saw most people were on Ozone kites...so that means that race kites have barely developed the past two years right? Definitely some opportunities out there.

I don't have too much experience of different boards side by side, but I also think their board is pretty good. I have ridden their board side by side with a few others, and it works well, but Naish has to get a good rider on their gear..or get one of their good riders to start racing :-)

davesails7
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2006
Weight: 75 kg
Local Beach: Virginia Beach
Style: Race
Gear: ML B3
R1V2 11. VMG 13, 15, 18
OR Mako 130x35

Postby davesails7 » Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:42 pm

windsurfer-resurrection wrote:Not a single Naish kite or board beining used at the Cabrinha/St Francis YC, Crissy field thursday night races or the North American kite races last month. :argue:

That's a good point. And only one Ozone kite in the picture above out of 20 or so kites. Funny how different it is.

Any Mikes Lab boards at the Naish race? Mostly Naish raceboards or Aguera?

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tautologies » Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:55 am

davesails7 wrote: That's a good point. And only one Ozone kite in the picture above out of 20 or so kites. Funny how different it is.

I'd say most Naish boards, but a few Aguera boards, and a few North boards. One RRD board. That said, I am not sure. I didn't see a Mikes lab, but I don't know how they look either.

Tone
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Tone » Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:57 am

Notice the strutt-less kite in the pic!

gbleck
Very Frequent Poster

Postby gbleck » Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:38 pm

Tone wrote:Notice the strutt-less kite in the pic!
Yea I noticed that. Had to check twice to make sure I didn't just flip it in my head.

How is the relay run. That sounds like a fun idea.

ikitehi
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Maui
Favorite Beaches: California, Oregon, Baja Mexico & Hawaii,
Style: Waves
Gear: The good gear

Postby ikitehi » Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:21 pm

tautologies wrote:
davesails7 wrote: That's a good point. And only one Ozone kite in the picture above out of 20 or so kites. Funny how different it is.

I'd say most Naish boards, but a few Aguera boards, and a few North boards. One RRD board. That said, I am not sure. I didn't see a Mikes lab, but I don't know how they look either.
There actually was a Mikes Lab out there. Lots to be said about the "Naish Races" but know this is not the place for it....

On the other hand Naish is working on a race kite and trying to catch up with everyone else. I'd post some pictures up but don't want to hear all the Naish lovers cry about it!!! Lol!!!!

Check out more coverage on the event

www.stop the bashing

www.JohnPaulBonetti.com

Return to “Kitesurfing”