Medium Poster
Local Beach: seattle, wa
Style: freeriding
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

my summer book of kite

Postby stringy » Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:11 pm

After months of shooting images throughout the summer, I’ve decided to throw some of my favorites together and create a book that captures kiteboarding through my camera lens.
This summer has taken me from my home here in the Puget Sound all the way to Cape Hatteras for the tripleS event and then to San Francisco with the Blade Kiteboarding team, with numerous visits along the way to the Columbia River Gorge.
My passion is in capturing pictures of kiteboarding and just wanted the opportunity to share them with you.
I put this picture book together as a coffee table accessory, but wanted to make it available to all of my friends.
I have uploaded this book to http://www.blurb.com and you can order the book to your liking.
It’s not for everybody, but if you’re into kiteboarding, and want to see some stellar riding, you might like to have this book.
Just so you know, I don’t make any money on this. I’m just wanting to share with you my passion for capturing the sport.

Just go to the link to preview the book.
http://www.blurb.com/bookstore/invited/ ... 6d4fde8d21

Here’s a list of everyone I could remember from meeting them over this past summer.
Gisela Pulido, Teddy Lyons, Mark Miedama, Sam Medysky, Rick Jensen, Susi Mai, Rich Sabo, Chris Burke, Eric Rienstra, Sam Light, Andre Phillip, Colleen Carroll, Billy Parker, Tom Court, Joe Ruscito, Sam Bell, Claire Lutz, Jake Kelsick, Tom van Veen, Josh Mulcoy, Ian Alldredge, Jason Slezak, Patrick Rebstock, Slawek Krauze, Tom Dawson, Ollie, Guacamole Deejay, Brett Newcomb, Sonny Swords, Johnny Walker, Bobby Ngai, John Ruffing, Matteo Soltrane, Alex Barnet , Brad Gordon, Craig Cunningham, Patrick Anderson, Drew Christianson, Chris Bobryk, John Perry, David Drinkwater, Matt Elsasser, Brendan Kerr, Joby Cook, Kellen Hall, Dominick van Veen, Jon Van Malsen, Alex Fox, Evan Netsch, Brandon Scheid, Tommy Fields, Levi Roeseler, Nico Suriel, Oliver Umpierre, Jeff Andrade, Blaine Baker, Grom Gormley, Jan Boersma, Dylan Murphy, Vetea Boersma, Shannon Gormley, Bille Kipling, Paul Porter, Austin Keillor, Jim Hunt, Carol Bolstad, Cameron Rogers, Lia Von Spreckelson, Lindsay McClure, Jessica Withington Sanchez, Laura Maher, Jim Stringfellow

JGTR
Very Frequent Poster

Re: my summer book of kite

Postby JGTR » Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:39 pm

Amazing images :thumb:

skinnergy
Medium Poster

Postby skinnergy » Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:44 am

Stringy, it seems you are one lucky bastard.
Some really nice images in there.
Is photography your main occupation or is it building models ?

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tautologies » Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:35 am

Nice job!!! :-)

dyyylan
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: N/A

Postby dyyylan » Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:07 am

So that was you that I was shooting next to at Triple S. Interesting!

stringy
Medium Poster
Local Beach: seattle, wa
Style: freeriding

Postby stringy » Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:49 am

skinnergy wrote:Stringy, it seems you are one lucky bastard.
hey thanks yes I am a lucky bastard,
my work with media had started as a hobby back when I was first sidelined. I've turned it into a passion where one day I can do it full time. but for now it keeps me busy while my prototyping business allows me to afford my lifestyle.
my prototyping has helped me push forward with innovations that benefit my photography.
I've been able to make all my custom water housings for my SLR cameras, as well as producing special mounts like tripods and video heads.
I have also been fortunate enough to design and produce numerous camera accessories like the line mounts for the POV cameras.

pixelpedro
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: not telling
Favorite Beaches: So far: Santa Cruz, Pismo, Hood River
Style: lil this ... lil dat
Gear: The one that flies and floats

Postby pixelpedro » Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:26 am

stringy wrote:
skinnergy wrote:Stringy, it seems you are one lucky bastard.
hey thanks yes I am a lucky bastard,
my work with media had started as a hobby back when I was first sidelined. I've turned it into a passion where one day I can do it full time. but for now it keeps me busy while my prototyping business allows me to afford my lifestyle.
my prototyping has helped me push forward with innovations that benefit my photography.
I've been able to make all my custom water housings for my SLR cameras, as well as producing special mounts like tripods and video heads.
I have also been fortunate enough to design and produce numerous camera accessories like the line mounts for the POV cameras.
Wow. Lucky bastard indeed. Sick pics!

Return to “Kitesurfing”