_Kinouille_
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Best GP Stopper ball

Postby _Kinouille_ » Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:22 pm

Hi everyone,
I bought a set of Best GP kites (2012) 2 months ago and after a bad jump I unfortunately dislocated my right shoulder. My doctor told me to go slow but as some of you might have notice, the Best GP bar doesn't come with stopper ball and the bar pressure is pretty heavy. I'm just wondering if you would have any ideas on how to make a stopper ball on these kind of bar in order to be able to continue ridding without having to use lots of strength just to keep the bar at an acceptable distance from me. Thanks in advance for the help.

john a
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Freestyle, airstyle, freeride, snowkite
Gear: Eleveight
Brand Affiliation: Eleveight

Re: Best GP Stopper ball

Postby john a » Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:47 am

You could always replace the depower rope with a double in for a little while and use their normal stopperball....

WildDuke
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Taurama beach
Gear: 2012 10m Airush Varial X
2012 12m Airush One
2012 9m Airush One
2012 Cabrinha Custom 140x42.5 Board
2012 Liquidforce Vantage CT boots
2010 Dakine Pyro waist harness

Postby WildDuke » Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:19 am

I ride airush kites, but their stopper ball on their bars don't stop, so I use a north bar on all my kites. I could never do without a stopper ball!

_Kinouille_
Rare Poster

Postby _Kinouille_ » Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:10 am

john a wrote:You could always replace the depower rope with a double in for a little while and use their normal stopperball....
In order to do that I would have to change the entire chicken loop system as well. I tried today to see if I could use the depower rope from another bar to this one but It's not possible to do so keeping the 5fth line system and chicken loop. I thought I could do some kind of a knot but haven't succeeded yet.
I usually don't mind ridding without any stopperball but it's just too hard of a workout for my shoulder.

Return to “Kitesurfing”