Flysurfer 21
Flyboard radical XL
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Slingshot Octane 13 to F-One Bandit 6 12 or 14

Postby MikePunisher » Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:51 am

Hi.

I am now going to buy a new kite and I will go for the F-One bandit 6. I have ridden the Slingshot Octane, size 13, for 3 years now and I really liked this kite. The problem now is what size I should go for when I change to F-One. The Bandit 6 doesnt come in size 13, so I have to go for 12 or 14.

But I really cant decide if I should go for the 12 or the 14. Is there anyone here that has been in the same situation and in that case, what size did you choose?
Can the power of the bandit 6 12m^2 be compared to the Octane 13m^2?

I really would like a 12 but the question is if it has the power I need. I am 89 Kg and today I have a octane 9 and 13, and a flysurfer 21.

/MIK

jrfiol
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Cayo Enrique, La Parguera; Montones Beach, Isabela; Dorado Beach, Dorado.
Favorite Beaches: Not yet.
Style: waverider, freestyle
Gear: Slingshot RPM 10, Darko 135. I also have a Liquid Force Havoc 12 and Rally 14M.

Re: Slingshot Octane 13 to F-One Bandit 6 12 or 14

Postby jrfiol » Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:48 pm

I flew the octanes a bit when they came out, and have flown the bandits, not the Bandit 6 though.

I think you will find that the bandit 12 will have more "power" than the Octane 13.

How did you fly the Octane? with or w/o the pigtails? The Bandit is gonna seem more directly connected to the power.

Hope you get more info from riders with more experience with both kites.

MikePunisher
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Sweden
Favorite Beaches: Orn - Sweden
Prassonisi - Rhodes
Kitebeach - Sal
Style: Freestyle
Gear: Slingshot Octane 9 - 13
Flysurfer 21
Flyboard radical XL

Postby MikePunisher » Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:03 pm

I fly the octane with the pigtails. Today I went to get a demo of the bandit 6 and I was blown away by its performance. Such a nice kite. I bought the 12 directly so now I am a happy F-one owner. :-) I am looking forward to try it out on the water in about a month. Until then it's a couple of snowkite sessions left with the bandit.

eldadgold
Very Frequent Poster

Postby eldadgold » Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:40 am

Have fun ! You made the right choice... The Fone Bandit 12m will have a better low end than your Octane 13m.

Return to “Kitesurfing”