Style: try not to drown style
Gear: Whatever I own at the time....
Brand Affiliation: hook a brother up!!!
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Epic Infinity & Bullshit Light Wind Claims

Postby soul19 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:25 pm

Hey Aummm,

I have no idea how to respond to your response to me as I cannot understand exactly what you are saying? I think that something is lost in translation but the overall feel is that you have issues with my thoughts (I could be wrong). I have never used an Epic product nor have I used a Core kite and I have no affiliation to either party. I am mearly a person that enjoys this sport with all the characters that I meet and those that I even just read of what they have to say. From what I see (and also a lot of other people) is that two people have issues with Dimitri's claims and it has esciladed into a pissing match. You have to agree that using a raceboard is a substanial advantage and to prance around like you have achieved anything is poor form. If Dimitri did that I would be the first to call him out! That whole victory is like me challenging my young daugher to a foot race and than playing it up to anyone who will listen.... it was a hell of a victory :thumb:

James
www.theglobalartist.com

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby tautologies » Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:41 pm

soul19 wrote:Tautologies,
I would love to believe that you are impartial but the more that I read your posts it becomes apparent that your are not. You definitely have issues with Dimitri and anything that has to do with Epic kites
Let us get this clear. Again, I have no issue with D. or his kites. I have an issue with the kiting in 2-4 knots claim. The only other time I can remember responding to anything he said was when he claimed that the best kiteboarding teachers for small kids were other kids from about 8 years of age.

I never ever discuss person. Ever. The only thing I have ever said about D. is that he might sometimes be a little enthusiastic. That is it. I don't really think that is a negative thing. I've gotten that label myself. :-)

I can see the aggressiveness in SupaZ later posts, but people in this thread has been calling supa names etc. I did not have that impression earlier. I might have been mistaken though.

I am not sure what the rest of your rant was all about. If you are making an attempt at putting any kind of science into this, you are barking up the wrong tree. It wasn't a competition. The video shows what it shows. Two kites flying in low wind...but this thread wasn't at all about that.

In terms of the length of the thread. For the longest time this thread was stoked mainly by D posting a hilarious pic of himself in a speedo infront of a xmas tree..so I suspect he doesn't mind at all.

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: I travel all over the world.
Favorite Beaches: So many to list....
Style: MY OWN STYLE :-)
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.
Just try the EPICKITES and you will see for yourself.
Brand Affiliation: Owner of EPIC KITES

Postby Dimitri M » Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:48 pm

Hi Dimitri:
Perhaps you missed this review last October?
Cheers from beautiful Hawaii! :thumb: :thumb:
- Bill
Whaoooo I guess every body and his grand mother is watching this annoying thread.
How are you doing Bill. Did you move to Hawaii or you are just working on some new 2018 prototypes.
Any way I hope everything is doing well on your end.
:bye:

SupaEZ
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Space coast Florida 5th street
Favorite Beaches: One block from condo
Style: surfboard strap waves transitions
Gear: Boards quads & tri
Kites19-17-12-10-8-6-5 sqm

Postby SupaEZ » Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:59 pm

Dimitri M wrote: Plus you can see a 3rd video of the INFINITY V3 having fun on the SUP the next day in lighter wind

More BS and LIES
That video was done the day after the smackdown (east onshore wind 4-8kn w/short puff 9kn)
On that east wind no vertical gradient was present ....only true wind from top to bottom...Dec 11th

The 3rd video on December 12th was in perfectly sideshore south wind with vertical gradient
May LOOK like less wind (judging by the water) but actually was 9kn that afternoon + puffs to 10kn

You can fool some about your claim that the wind was less than on the day before
But remember i have ridden that wind direction..right here in my town for 31 years
I have no reason to make this TRUTH up
You need to be stopped......with SO MUCH rampant BS LOWBALLING coming out of your mouth

Get yourself some new friends who will follow you to infinity...c'est la VIE 3

Additionally..time for you to get your LASIK done or some contact lenses....ASAP

It really impairs your judgement A LOT not to be able to SEE clearly at all in the distance

How can we trust your reports of wind speed if the palms or leaves in the trees are so out of focus

Your nearsightedness give you a myopic view of the conditions around you

Worse than 20/50 vision is unacceptable

BLUR BLUR BLUR BLA BLA BLA BS BS BS

PMU's thread is alive more than ever

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: I travel all over the world.
Favorite Beaches: So many to list....
Style: MY OWN STYLE :-)
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.
Just try the EPICKITES and you will see for yourself.
Brand Affiliation: Owner of EPIC KITES

Postby Dimitri M » Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:08 pm

Poster: Tiago1973
yeaha Dimitri, but I wonder if with that SUP within the same conditions you would be able to do the same with a 3m foil or a 5m renegade.. i believe you would, just slower.
and if true what could we conclude about those small kites ability to perform in light wind?
it was a nice video, mad skills, good marketing. but using a SUP.....conclusions are a bit misleading
This is a good question Tiago1973. I did try our TUTOR 2.5 trainer kite, and the JUNIOR PRO 4 kite but they had a hard time staying up in the air in less then 5 knots on the beach and I had to move the kite like crazy in order to keep it in the air. This is the reason why I never went in the water on the SUP board with them because I knew I would of swim back for sure. But I did try the INFINITY V2 on the SUP board and unfortunately had to swim back.
Some how that INFINITY V3 can stay up in the air with out back stalling. Even if you pay attention the videos you will see the steering lines are very slack like their is no kite attached to it, but the kite still stays up in the air.
Also the only way to be able to kite in less then 5 knots with the INFINITY v3 if you call this kiting...was with an SUP board or maybe a big RACE board. But I never took the chance to try it on a big RACE board.

soul19
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Prov
Favorite Beaches: Prov
little current
westbay
Style: try not to drown style
Gear: Whatever I own at the time....
Brand Affiliation: hook a brother up!!!

Postby soul19 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:14 pm

Hey Taut,

No rant on my part but rather looking at things for what they are. Like you I have no desire to attack anyone's personal character and have no ill feelings towards anybody. I have just taken a few moments of my time to point out the obvious flaws in Supa's video. His post have gotten more arrogant but the underlying theme has always been there. I don't know you at all but I have read what you have to say in the past and felt that you are pretty spot on. It just appears to me (and I can also be very wrong) that Dimitri's lightwind claims have irritated you as well. Supa feels that he has proven his point and I hope that he can be content with that. I should know better and stop feeding this thread so in that I appologize. Maybe one day I will make my way to Hawaii and can enjoy your local kitespots.... just look out for a 6ft tattooed pasty Canadian or maybe a 6ft tattooed bright red Canadian.... I am easy to spot as I will have the biggest smile on my face.

James
www.theglobalartist.com

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tautologies » Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:37 pm

soul19 wrote:Hey Taut,

No rant on my part but rather looking at things for what they are. Like you I have no desire to attack anyone's personal character and have no ill feelings towards anybody. I have just taken a few moments of my time to point out the obvious flaws in Supa's video. His post have gotten more arrogant but the underlying theme has always been there. I don't know you at all but I have read what you have to say in the past and felt that you are pretty spot on. It just appears to me (and I can also be very wrong) that Dimitri's lightwind claims have irritated you as well. Supa feels that he has proven his point and I hope that he can be content with that. I should know better and stop feeding this thread so in that I appologize. Maybe one day I will make my way to Hawaii and can enjoy your local kitespots.... just look out for a 6ft tattooed pasty Canadian or maybe a 6ft tattooed bright red Canadian.... I am easy to spot as I will have the biggest smile on my face.

James
www.theglobalartist.com
haha I think you smile will have to compete with mine :thumb:
It is not really an irritation, but I think it has some safety implications. Either way take care :-)

UKSurf
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: South Coast of UK
Gear: Liquid Force impulse Foil, Slingshot SST Wave

Postby UKSurf » Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:47 pm

Dimitri M wrote:With all due respect Mr.Aummm. But why do you think Bill Hansen has not come up with a good light wind kite yet!!!!
More slagging off other people in the kite industry :roll: First Blade's light wind kite is no where near as good as your infintiy (which comes from the same designer), next a respected designer hasnt produced a good lightwind kite. Even if your kites were as good as you claim - which they are obviously not - I would not buy them simply because I would not want to be associated with your arrogant behaviour.

Pump me up
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Gear: Inflatables

Postby Pump me up » Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:00 pm

Ok, ok… ENOUGH! The Epic Infinity CANNOT perform on a SUP until ~ 9 knots.
Dimitri M wrote:
Poster: PVITfrumBYRAM
....Personally I like your kites, I just don't like the approach as much. That's great you are getting people stoked at how well the kite can fly in such light conditions, but the reality is it was more than 2-4 knots. Maybe it was that light during a lull on the water and that's why you dropped the kite in the water, but there was a steady breeze.
As for the gentleman with the 21 meter foil, he was inexperienced and could barely fly that kite in 8-10 mph on a different day.
Hello Paoloe or should I call you Mr.PVITfrumBYRAM? I wish I knew who I am talking to. You said on your post above that you like my kites but don't like the approach as much!!! What do you mean by that?
I remember that day Chris Moor who is the manager of theKitty Hawk Kites store and probably your boss …. Are you Paulo the one who works and teaches at KHK on RRD!!!
:thumb:
UKSurf wrote:Translation: If you question my over the top claims again I will tell your boss who sells my kites
In addition, at a recent visit to Cocoa Beach, Epic's owner claimed the ability to SUP-kite in:
Dimitri M wrote:3 to 6 knots
In response, the following was posted by a knowledgeable local:
SupaEZ wrote: ... the Patrick Air Force Base windmeter reading (is) just a few miles upwind of Dimitri: Wind was SSW 200 degrees...that is why the ocean is so glassy...i should know i live here 30 years. He was out between 2 and 4 pm.... we see clearly that the wind was always more than........... 10 mph :happybirthday: .......those are government's wind meters....very accurate... :surf: :sun:
[
Despite the claimed performance in "2-4" or "3-6k", quite clearly, the Epic Infinity cannot perform on a SUP until >10mph (9k). This has been confirmed by reliable objective observers and wind speed measurements. It is interesting to note the hostile and personalised nature of the attacks by Epic, not to mention the overtly nasty, aggressive, and threatening posts by "Kite2Heaven", who just happens to use the same retarded spelling, grammar, and syntax.

Geronimo79
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Freeride
Gear: Epic Kites and Arise and Hyperflex
Brand Affiliation: Epic Kites and Arise

Postby Geronimo79 » Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:45 pm

Bla bla bla bla and bla bla bla bla...and even more bla bla bla bla...
Supabla then pumpmebla then more bla.. and bla bla..

to much bla to bla di bla.

Return to “Kitesurfing”