Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Israeli women come together for KB4girls Global event Eilat

Postby Toby » Sun Jun 09, 2013 6:40 am

KB4girls News:

Kiteboarding: Israeli women come together for KB4girls Global event in Eilat on the Red Sea

Empowering each other and raising funds for “First Hug” Israel

_MG_0799.jpeg
Tel Aviv, June 8th 2013: From June 5 to 7, 2013 the second stop on the 2013 KB4girls GLOBAL event schedule took place in the lovely vacation destination Eilat/Israel on the Red Sea. Hosted by the KB4girls Chapter in Israel with kiteboarding ambassadors Shalhevet Segal and Orit Baron (5th place in last years KB4girls Chapter Challenge) the event brought together 36 girls from all over Israel.

The holy land blessed the participating girls and women with bible like conditions for kiteboarding. On 2 of the 3 event days the wind was blowing with a steady 20-23 knots, delivering perfect training conditions and giving the female kiters a great chance to learn some new tricks and tips from 9x World Champions Kristin Boese and pro-coach Ofir Belo. Beginner girls were given the chance to take lessons with the “Surf Center Eilat” and enjoyed their learning experience as much as the advanced girls and women making for a super multi-level sport experience.

A trip on board the “Sea Shell” as well as evening activities at “Casa de Brazil” and the “Dolphin Reef” offered wonderful entertainment as well and made sure that the ladies truly enjoyed the entire 3 days of the event.

After a successful and really fun event KB4girls founder and president Kristin Boese said: “Coming to a small country like Israel and seeing so many kite girls getting together is special in its own. Seeing what an incredible job our chapter ambassadors Shalhevet Segal and Orit Baron are doing here is even better. It was a fantastic event with amazing girls and I congratulate our KB4girls Chapter in Israel on achieving so much in their short time of existence.”

Orit Baron, KB4girls ambassador had the following to say: “I remember when I first started to kite and I needed help, there was nobody to give me any guidance. I ended up going to the KB4girls event in Turkey 2 years ago with my friend Shalhevet Segal and we found the help and support we had both been looking for through the foundation. At that moment we knew we had to bring KB4girls to Israel and launched a chapter here.”

Baron continues: “This was the 3rd event we organized since we started the KB4girls chapter in Israel. By now there is a core group of females joining in for every event and a bunch of new faces joining in each time. The most amazing thing is that more and more girls are getting into sport here and I think the number of female kiters in Israel has almost doubled by now. It is a great experience to be part of this movement.”
_MG_1185.jpeg
A big thanks goes to ambassadors Shalhevet Segal & Orit Baron, coach Ofir Belo, photographers Uri Richter, Tomer Avni, Boaz Samorai & Rotem, the Surf Center Eilat, Laguna, Kitestore, Yamit and “Meofefay hayam”.

The KB4girls foundation is supported by Best Kiteboarding, DaKine, Tramontana Grafixx, Sportsfeatures.com and Baby-G and strongly encourages other brands to support their cause to empower females through the sport of kiteboarding.

The 2013 KB4girls GLOBAL events schedule reads as follows:

February 15 to 16, 2013 – Mui Ne, Vietnam
June 5 to 6, 2013 – Eilat, Israel
August 17 to 18, 2013 – Lancing, UK
August 24 to 25, 2013 – Cabarete, Dominican Republic
October (date TBC) – Baja, Mexico

About KB4girls

KB4girls stands for “Kite Boarding” 4 girls as well as “Kristin Boese” 4 girls and was established by 9x Kiteboarding World Champion Kristin with the goal to empowers females through the sport of kiteboarding. While KB4girls GLOBAL clinic events give female athletes from around the world the chance to get together for a fun and motivating experience and to push their kiteboarding skills to the next level, the KB4girls CHAPTERs connect females on a more local level through their social events that help build strong female kite communities around the world.

mike holmes
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Israeli women come together for KB4girls Global event Ei

Postby mike holmes » Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:20 am

A big :thumb: .

Return to “Kitesurfing”