Forum for kitesurfers
Wave_Ride
Medium Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Looking for a new freeride board

Postby Wave_Ride » Sun Jun 16, 2013 6:18 pm

Hi,

My weight is 75kg I kite from 15 to 30 kts on 10m kite.
I'm riding around 8 years most of the time I'm doing old school tricks and big air jumps.
I'm looking for a board that has a good pop, good upwind ability and smooth riding in chop water.

Any suggestions?

:thumb:

Flyin_Dutchman
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Kite Point
Style: Freeride
Gear: North, Slingshot, Cab, AXIS, NP, ION, Mystic
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Looking for a new freeride board

Postby Flyin_Dutchman » Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:07 am

AXIS Vanguard. It's all you'll need. :thumb:

Westozzy
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Mandurah
Style: Freeride, wave
Gear: Rebel, Vegas 2012

Postby Westozzy » Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:28 am

Here we go again...

Laluz, crazy fly raptor, Axis vanguard, Monk, aboards, The old Jimmy lewis line, Mako, Speedball, etc etc

Look into them and work out what you are looking for in terms of the specturm from carve to poppability, the water and wind conditions, your weight, kite size, kite type and overall style.

There is a particular board for you but first delineate the above.

Wave_Ride
Medium Poster

Postby Wave_Ride » Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:00 am

I tried the laluz, raptor ,vanguard.
i want to try additional boards before I buy.
How about Select from North, F-one Trax?
Westozzy wrote:Here we go again...

Look into them and work out what you are looking for in terms of the specturm from carve to poppability, the water and wind conditions, your weight, kite size, kite type and overall style.

Please read again my first post.

bayron
Medium Poster

Postby bayron » Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:49 am

good pop, good upwind, good chop all in the one board is quite unrealistic. it would be the same if tires of car would be equally good on summer and winter on snow. if board is good on chop it usually don't have so good upwind ability. it depends from many parameters but as i have understood one of the main ones is rocker of board. boards with large rocker are good on chop, but in upwind ability loses to standard boards. after trying many stuff I have chosen aboards Z-series as best freeride board. although board don't have increased rocker Z-series is till pretty good in chop, so it's good balance between pop, upwind ability and chop. Z-series works quite well also in lighter wind can stay on this board also when wind is dropping a bit and don't need to switch to light wind board right away as it happens with large rocker boards.

Westozzy
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Mandurah
Style: Freeride, wave
Gear: Rebel, Vegas 2012

Postby Westozzy » Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:51 pm

Wave_Ride wrote:I tried the laluz, raptor ,vanguard.
i want to try additional boards before I buy.
How about Select from North, F-one Trax?
Westozzy wrote:Here we go again...

Please read again my first post.

Oh my bad I read it again. Haven't ridden the z series, so seems you should put that on your list. The laluz then for what you what from what I've ridden. Has that balance talked about in the first post. I am exactly the same weight, use the same sized kite in the same conditions. I have a raptor ltd 132 in my shed for demo, just waiting for wind. Rode the 136 but want to try the 132 as it is much stiffer. Want to see what that balance is like. I got the laluz for exactly what you described by the way.

john a
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Freestyle, airstyle, freeride, snowkite
Gear: Eleveight
Brand Affiliation: Eleveight

Postby john a » Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:45 pm

You´ll probably get a lot of suggestions ;)
My favorite board is the new Best Armada! Really good upwind, smooth, good pop, light, great feel, just does everything well! Would demo it if you could! ;)

vrossi46
Rare Poster
Favorite Beaches: PRASONISI RHODES GREECE , PAROS-KITE GREECE , AG.ANDREAS KITE BEACH GREECE
Style: GREEK :)
Gear: BLADE KITES , ABOARDS KITEBOARDING/SNOWKITE BOARDS

Postby vrossi46 » Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:59 pm

bayron wrote:good pop, good upwind, good chop all in the one board is quite unrealistic. it would be the same if tires of car would be equally good on summer and winter on snow. if board is good on chop it usually don't have so good upwind ability. it depends from many parameters but as i have understood one of the main ones is rocker of board. boards with large rocker are good on chop, but in upwind ability loses to standard boards. after trying many stuff I have chosen aboards Z-series as best freeride board. although board don't have increased rocker Z-series is till pretty good in chop, so it's good balance between pop, upwind ability and chop. Z-series works quite well also in lighter wind can stay on this board also when wind is dropping a bit and don't need to switch to light wind board right away as it happens with large rocker boards.
+1

You cant go wrong with the Aboards Z if you are looking for a freeride/ all around board.Ask your local dealer for a demo if u can

laz
Very Frequent Poster

Postby laz » Sat Jun 22, 2013 6:25 am

Www.brokite.com used to be called zero gravity.

I do not work or sell for them so honest review. Once you ride one you will never go back to mass produced boards. Read up on the carbon fiber construction and videos on the site.

jwoodunlv
Frequent Poster

Postby jwoodunlv » Sat Jun 22, 2013 3:20 pm

Second that on Brokite. I have the 134 freeride and it's the best twin tip I have ever ridden and I've been to the SPI kiteroundup and tried many boards. They carve like no other board. You can go into a toeside carve at full speed and it will hold. I have not tried the other models, but I can tell you that the freeride model has a surprising amount of pop to it. I'm sure the other models designed for freestyle or wakestyle like Rocky uses have a crazy amount of pop. They flex like a springboard and you can feel it spring you off the water.

Return to “Kitesurfing”