Forum for kitesurfers
Metaphor_
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Kite Tuning Help!

Postby Metaphor_ » Sat Jun 22, 2013 5:17 am

Maidra wrote:Now where I live there is no real kiting community and taking lessons isn't an option so everything is self taught.
Be really careful--trying to learn on your own can be really dangerous. If nothing else, at least get multiple video sources (kiteboard progression), read nonstop articles... and spend a ton of time with a trainer kite. I'd recommend being especially attentive to safety since it sounds like you have nobody knowledgeable to help you when things go south. It would also be worthwhile for you to take a kiting vacation to learn how to kite safely first.

One thing I've noticed is that kiteboarding techniques have changed fairly significantly between 2006 versus 2013. Stuff like self launching, self landing, and even how to waterstart. (I'm still not sure what the current technique is.)

Anyway, good luck and stay safe!

Eurus
Frequent Poster

Re: Kite Tuning Help!

Postby Eurus » Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:07 am

Get a new pump. Your kite is never going to fly proper unless you have the right PSI in the tube. LEI's are not made to be blown up with your lungs.

Return to “Kitesurfing”