Rare Poster
Local Beach: Weymouth
Style: Freestyle, Freeride
Brand Affiliation: none
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Ozone 9m Edge performing well

Postby easy2e » Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:58 pm

waynepjh wrote:It's rad to push yourself and take risks but when you do that it's best to not unknowingly involve others in your radness. Just saying. Maybe they were your friends I don't know but just an observation from the video. No hating:)
I've just pointed out to Tone, it was just a laugh trying out some kite mounts ect for the Gopro, most of the day the kite was well underpowered and the water is a foot deep at most.......

easy2e
Rare Poster

Postby easy2e » Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:03 pm

plummet wrote:
easy2e wrote:later that day the very same dickhead crashed into my kite which resulted in kites wrapped together and the QR being activated, so much for the warning

It takes 2 for kites to crash together. if the guy is less skilled then stay away from him. Its sounds like your were the dick head of the day buzzing dudes and jumping close to windsurfers.

I see no time when jumping close to guys to scare them away is a valid and reasonable response. It will only invoke anger and more dickhead like behaviour.

PS it they are your buddies and your buzzing them for shits and giggles its fair game.

PSs I liked the long floaty jumps later in the vid.

Well yeah dude it does take two for kite to crash, well observed???? and we are all friends, and yes I take pride in being a dickhead. see another video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qEyPYHb7rYA

question

If your taking a broad reach on a port tack and some goon decides to close in upwind and and on a close reach, and he then fly's his kite into yours.

Who is at fault......?

Tone
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Tone » Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:52 pm

easy2e wrote:hey Tone:

10 PSI ???? really...thats a lot of pressure my friend, especially in high winds, you seriously run the chance of splitting them seams and that would be a disaster....

and by the way, where did it say anything about top of its wind range, it was under powered most of the day, do you think id be looping that bad boy so close to people in 35 knots????? it was more like a 13m day......

lets see your video then sky boy......
You missed the comma.

I was saying that at the top end of the wind range, you need that kind of pressure as the kite will deform when you pop off it.

As for jumping high, they don't make a wide angle lens wide enough for get me and the water in shot.

:P

easy2e
Rare Poster

Postby easy2e » Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:02 pm

I'm assuming your carrying a bit of Timber thenTone, you must be one fat f*** of you cant find a lens big enough to fit you it,

I saw your coma in the previous post, but you followed on saying "you should be jumping a lot higher " which if it had been in the top end of its wind range would be true...... :angryfire:

plummet
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: EE
Favorite Beaches: NZ
Style: Terrain riding
Gear: Old wornout ozone.
Plummet hydrofoil and mutant
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby plummet » Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:17 pm

If your all friends then its game one. Let the silly times roll. What would I have done in your kite crashing scenario? tacked out of the dudes way or blasted down wind to be clear of him. But i'm in a wave location tangling kites is very a very bad idea in the big surf. It has to be avoided at all costs.

Tone
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Tone » Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:56 pm

easy2e wrote:I'm assuming your carrying a bit of Timber thenTone, you must be one fat f*** of you cant find a lens big enough to fit you it,

I saw your coma in the previous post, but you followed on saying "you should be jumping a lot higher " which if it had been in the top end of its wind range would be true...... :angryfire:
I followed it by a separate sentence.

You know what, I bought a couple of Edges' off what I saw in your video from earlier in the year.

shame you're such a cock.

If you see a smiley after a sentence you can assume it was intended with sarcasm.

Defend your 'airspace' like that around me and I will fucking bury your face in the sand, you arrogant f***.

I look forward to seeing your black Edge, when I'm down your way next.

btw, :P

easy2e
Rare Poster

Postby easy2e » Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:15 pm

I'm only going on what you were saying Tone, big enough lens ect I too was being Sarcastic :D

but I'll look forward to a jump off with your Edges anytime your ready, afterall you know where i am from the video,

see you soon......... and stop being a dickhead http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qEyPYHb7rYA

Westozzy
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Mandurah
Style: Freeride, wave
Gear: Rebel, Vegas 2012
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Westozzy » Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:35 pm

Ah come on fellas settle down a bit.

Let your riding tell the story. Less words and show what you mean on the water.

This is meant to be fun in the end.

My brother is always nearly landing on me the retard, he thinks it is hilarious!!

Must admit I give home a few scares as well, can do that on the edge... :D

Eurus
Frequent Poster

Postby Eurus » Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:35 am

You are being a dick head cutting off others on the water. No matter your excuse. It's a dick head move.

Everyone here is an expert so I will save you my observations on what you should improve to increase your boost and float with the Edge. But Tone is right...you are way under boosting on the Edge. That thing is made to boost and float and you are only half way there.

Tone
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Tone » Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:46 am

Westozzy, did you buy the 10m Edge in the end?

What are your thoughts?

Easy2e, you've got a cracking spot there. Do you know Marcus from ATBshop?

Personally I don't rate the Edge for loops, I have tried a few and unless you get it perfect you eat shit pretty hard. I prefer the way the Fuel and C4 loop, get more wang from them too.

SW seems to be the best direction, tough choice for me to come down that way as we have a very similar spot where I kite that also works very well in a SW.

Tony

Return to “Kitesurfing”