Forum for kitesurfers
CaptainArgh
Very Frequent Poster
Style: freeride, surf, slicks, dwindr exploring
Gear: SS RPM 6, SST 8/10 and Rally 12
Has thanked: 0

Re: Ruben Lenten's Extract kite

Postby CaptainArgh » Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:52 pm

I'd like to see the crash reel for that video...without the kite crashes edited out.

There were definitely some times the kites hit the water (or were about to) where they stopped the edit and the relaunch was going to be interesting. For instance...in that kind of wind, one of the kiters hit the water completely downwind of where his kite just crashed... that's a good 40 meters of acceleration before the lines are taught and the rider is sent!
I just want to see how the pros do it. I know how I'd do it... :shit:

BudhaNl
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: WaZ Noordpier
IJmuiden
Gear: Naish Slash 6, Pivot 7-9
Airush Ultra 12
North Jaime 136
DSD Stallion 5'2
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby BudhaNl » Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:53 pm

CaptainArgh wrote:I'd like to see the crash reel for that video...without the kite crashes edited out.

There were definitely some times the kites hit the water (or were about to) where they stopped the edit and the relaunch was going to be interesting. For instance...in that kind of wind, one of the kiters hit the water completely downwind of where his kite just crashed... that's a good 40 meters of acceleration before the lines are taught and the rider is sent!

I was at the event yesterday. Sure there were a couple of crashes but the riders got up very quickly most of the time. In fact, most of the time they landed them. Awesome skills.

Lenten was out today as well, when the storm in the Netherlands reached its peak: >55 knots steady, gusts up to 70. That was a bit too much for him as well, so he came back after one run (and one megaloop), went out again when it had calmed down a bit. Still wind >45 and gusts unto 60, I think. There will be footage of that (already is but wait for the excellent edits).

He was on the 6 meter Extract, btw.

CaptainArgh
Very Frequent Poster
Style: freeride, surf, slicks, dwindr exploring
Gear: SS RPM 6, SST 8/10 and Rally 12

Postby CaptainArgh » Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:24 am

BudhaNl wrote:...I was at the event yesterday. Sure there were a couple of crashes but the riders got up very quickly most of the time. In fact, most of the time they landed them. Awesome skills.
:thumb:
YOU are a lucky man. That must have a great event to watch.

Eurus
Frequent Poster

Postby Eurus » Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:03 am

BudhaNl wrote:
CaptainArgh wrote:I'd like to see the crash reel for that video...without the kite crashes edited out.

I was at the event yesterday. Sure there were a couple of crashes but the riders got up very quickly most of the time. In fact, most of the time they landed them. Awesome skills.

Lenten was out today as well, when the storm in the Netherlands reached its peak: >55 knots steady, gusts up to 70. That was a bit too much for him as well, so he came back after one run (and one megaloop), went out again when it had calmed down a bit. Still wind >45 and gusts unto 60, I think. There will be footage of that (already is but wait for the excellent edits).

45 kts with 60 kts gusts = big BALLZ...

poldo
Frequent Poster

Postby poldo » Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:58 pm

great event! :thumb:

ShaveTheWhales
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2040
Local Beach: West Straya Oz
Style: Fun with friends :) and being helpful :)
Gear: Lightwind, 11m Sonic 3, OR Flite, slingshot Dwarf craft foil board, Sab foil
Medium Wind, 12m OR Flite, 8 SouL, TT C6 board, Crazyfly Ltd, Shinn Monk, Wave board
Strong / Gnarly Wind, 8m SouL, 8m XR Core, C6 board
All with custom moded bars
Brand Affiliation: Anything that jumps well & fun to fly. Brand Bitch to none :)

Postby ShaveTheWhales » Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:03 pm

Awesome - cant wait for the vid :)

Tone
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Tone » Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:06 pm

Ayahuasca wrote:
BudhaNl wrote:

45 kts with 60 kts gusts = big BALLZ...
one of the Flysurfer riders was out on a 6m Cronix at the same time as Len10.

There is a photo somewhere.

Seriously big balls.

Tone
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Tone » Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:09 pm

Prikkebaard
Rare Poster
Been thanked: 0

Postby Prikkebaard » Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:34 pm

28-10-2013 movie not the best quality, and some pictures

https://vimeo.com/77986731
http://www.flickr.com/photos/57732709@N ... 114630715/

rtz
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2010
Weight: 75kg
Favorite Beaches: OBX
SPI
Style: Freeride
Gear: SlingShot, Switch.

Postby rtz » Wed Oct 30, 2013 6:07 pm

That may be the fastest looping kite I've ever seen.

Return to “Kitesurfing”