PMU = Thread & Forum Killer

Forum for kitesurfers
Pump me up
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Gear: Inflatables

Re: PMU = Thread & Forum Killer

Postby Pump me up » Sat Feb 08, 2014 11:36 pm

gbgreen59 wrote:I hafta agree with Toby. PMU has been around for a long time. Get to know him.
Bille wrote:Posted appropriately on the Timing ; and something to consider here :
Yin & Yang
Yin don't work too well, without Yang !!
Tiago1973 wrote: ahahah
think the foil threats would´t be the same w/o PMU
SalmonSlayer wrote:
Bille wrote: Yin & Yang
Yin don't work too well, without Yang !!Bille
+1
It would be really boring if we all had the same opinion and personality. This is a Great forum as is. I really get a kick out of communicating with people from all over the world with a common interest. I am also thankful so many can converse in English as a second (or third, fourth...) language.
Embrace the diversity. It makes all of us better.
fourperf wrote:you don't HAVE to read it. Kind of humorous I think.
chemosavi wrote:The only person capable of calling anyone a "forum killer" is Toby since it is actually a real possibility in his world. The rest of us "sheet for brains" (to coin another infamous poster who many complained about but was really about the only one who churned the cheese) have to bare with whatever we're fed, even though I wonder about certain manufacturers who seem to be endlessly promoting their products in spite of the forum's guidelines.

If anything, I'd like Toby to put limits on the amount of smilies you're allowed to use per post. (personal peeve) Nothing else insults me more than them, not PMU by a long shot, since he actually ends up accomplishing the opposite of what he beaches about.
toyletbowl wrote:haha...I haven't laughed out loud on any thread in a long time until I saw PMU's post on this thread. Classic. Well done PMU.

Here's why it's funny and ironic.

Yoda...by even mentioning PMU, you've fed the troll. Feeding is what keeps many posters coming back for more. You guys never learn. He may have valid points, he might not, but it really gets some people fired up.

So it's PMU's job to respond and since he's mentioned in the thread title, PMU already won before it started. I think Toby sees the irony also and as mentioned, don't read it or ban him.

Bob
snobdr wrote:Yoda your a f'n cry baby. " oh i dont have look i know its there" shut the hell up. Why dontyou leave if you cant stand it? Theres a forum just for you fags. Its called PKF. They are just like you and ban anyone with any kind of opinion that is different then their own. Youll fit right in with the power kite fags.
Im sick of you bitches. PMU can post all he wants it dosent bother me one bit. And its almost funny that people like you get so upset about it. Hope it ruins your whole day everytime he posts.
Care to chime in now Kam?
RichardM wrote:
snobdr wrote:Yoda your a f'n cry baby. " oh i dont have look i know its there" shut the hell up. Why dontyou leave if you cant stand it? Theres a forum just for you fags. Its called PKF. They are just like you and ban anyone with any kind of opinion that is different then their own. Youll fit right in with the power kite fags.
Im sick of you bitches. PMU can post all he wants it dosent bother me one bit. And its almost funny that people like you get so upset about it. Hope it ruins your whole day everytime he posts.
Care to chime in now Kam?
EXACTLY CORRECT (assuming that PKF is described accurately which I don't know since i don't go there).

I would add that PMU deserves KUDOS for his TIME CONSUMING efforts to present REAL INFORMATION in an organized and informative manner, regardless of whether you believe it, or his conclusions therefrom, to be accurate or not.

I personally believe that much of the antagonism directed at him is BECAUSE his detractors KNOW they can't be anywhere near as convincing.

Moreover, you have to wonder about the thought processes of people who use a public forum, the point of which is specifically to convey INFORMATION and express OPINIONS, and who then try to restrict its use to only SOME users.

NOT very much like what the REAL Jedi would advocate.

Perhaps Yoda could start his OWN forum for the like-minded fascists who oppose free speech - I'll bet he could get lots of good coverage from the mainstream media.
POACHER wrote:You can't ban someone over their beliefs........yes that would be quite fascist to do so.
flyingweasel wrote:
Looks fine to me!
SupaEZ wrote:
Babel wrote:Nah, why kick him out, he is a fun little guy, just like supaez and Bob Marley.
...............................Pumpy :pump: ........Supa :happybirthday: .........Bob :kiff: .....................................
SupaEZ wrote:PMU = Thread & Forum Truth Seeker....if there is BS with foils or tubes...he is on it

Killer of BS
Thanks heaps for the votes of confidence. It’s not easy being a “killer of BS”, but your support gives me strength. Particular thanks to
gbgreen59
Bille
Tiago1973
SalmonSlayer
fourperf
Chemosavi
toyletbowl
snobdr
RichardM
POACHER
flyingweasel
Babel
SupaEZ

And, of course, big thanks to “Da Yoda” for starting this thread and the dual identities of other Epc and ram air apologists for perpetuating it.

Cheers :bye: :thumb: ,

:pump: ………. Pumpy

Dave_5280
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1997
Weight: 78 kg
Favorite Beaches: Kanaha Beach Park, Maui, Hawaii, U.S.
Style: Freeride
Gear: Switchblades, Contras, CF Raptor TT. Ozone Frenzy foil kites with skis. Fixed bridle foil kites on handles with MBS landboard. Progression Sports videos.

Postby Dave_5280 » Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:52 am

Last edited by Dave_5280 on Sat Mar 27, 2021 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
These users thanked the author Dave_5280 for the post:
Pump me up (Thu May 04, 2023 3:54 am)
Rating: 3.03%

joriws
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: Flysurfer, HQ, Moses, Nobile, North, Ozone
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby joriws » Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:18 am

eree wrote:i would not buy a foil kite just by seeing this photo!
Funny, because I would not buy 'LW' LEIs by seeing videos like this and knowing that this is the reality in low wind areas.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZtEVwiWOXo

POACHER
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2002
Gear: *

Postby POACHER » Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:21 pm

That snowkite video was action packed!

fourperf
Frequent Poster
Has thanked: 0

Postby fourperf » Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:31 pm

Dave_5280 wrote:Flysurfer and Ozone should stop advertising here.

why?

toyletbowl
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Olbrich, Governor Nelson, Tenney, Burrows and McDaniels.
Favorite Beaches: Olbrich on SW and McDaniels on a SSW.
Sheboygan when it blows hard on a NE.
Style: Waves, Twin tip and Foilboards.
Gear: Whatever is available.
Brand Affiliation: Cabrinha, Slingshot, Core, Armstrong, Axis, NP Surf, Ride engine, Mystic. www.kiteridersllc.com

Postby toyletbowl » Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:14 pm

joriws wrote:
eree wrote:i would not buy a foil kite just by seeing this photo!
Funny, because I would not buy 'LW' LEIs by seeing videos like this and knowing that this is the reality in low wind areas.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZtEVwiWOXo
I wouldn't make decisions off of a quick edit that shows a riders kite in low wind back up in a lull. The rider might be inexperienced and pulling in on the bar which will kill a kite in light wind. The Ozone looks like it's oversheeted and flying kites in low winds takes experience.

I'm not sure the kite is to blame in this video.

Bob
www.kiteridersllc.com

fokiten
Frequent Poster

Postby fokiten » Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:03 pm

regards,

I was wondering if it may be possible to talk about me now?

never hurts to ask...

DrLightWind
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Matheson Hammock Park Miami
Favorite Beaches: Crandon Beach, Hobbie Beach, Keys, St. Lucia, St. Marteen,
Style: Old School
Gear: Flysurfer15m and 21m Speed3 DLX
RealWind Mutant 148 X 40 and Directional 190 X 48, F-One TT 128 X35, Dereck Semi Directional 143 X 38 and 177 X 46.
Been thanked: 0

Postby DrLightWind » Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:26 pm

fokiten wrote:regards,

I was wondering if it may be possible to talk about me now?

never hurts to ask...
Sure, where are the "Sand Swamis" and "Sh!t for Brains" :wink:
and maybe people more conscious and learned not to kite anymore at the beach :?: :lol:

DrLW

PS: KF needs an independent none biased light wind judge HERE!

fokiten
Frequent Poster

Postby fokiten » Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:33 pm

I'm actually flying a foil now, and I must say the whole bridle handle thing is a bitch to untangle, other than that, I still have shit for brains, seems I rushed the launch a bit and pin wheeled the flappy little thing into a twisty ball...

I remain hopful...

flyingweasel
Very Frequent Poster
Been thanked: 0

Postby flyingweasel » Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:48 am

Last edited by flyingweasel on Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Kitesurfing”