Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Help! Is the North Vegas quicker than the North Evo?

Forum for kitesurfers
MrStrike
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Buenos Aires - Argentina
Favorite Beaches: Laguna Garzón - Uruguay
Gear: F-One Bandit
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0

Help! Is the North Vegas quicker than the North Evo?

Postby MrStrike » Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:08 am

Hi guys,

I have been riding different kites since I have started kiteboarding about two years and a half ago and the kite which I most liked was the F-One Bandit 5 2012, I had this kite in 9m and 12m, both of them worked really great.

However, here in Argentina the F-One dealer is very small with very expensive prices, so I had to try another brand when I sold my Bandits. Now, I have bought the North EVO 2013, again in 9m and 12m. After a couple of sessions with the 12m (there was not enough wind to try the 9m), I am veeeeeeeeeery disappointed with the EVO, the kite moves very slow thru all the window, when jumping (hooked) the kite moves very slow, it isn´t as fast and versatile as the Bandit was, I am really missing the F-One. For your information, my ride style is free-ride / wake style.

The short story is that the shop that sold me the Evos, is offering me to change my both kites (paying 200USD) and they will give me two 2013 brand new kites. Here is where I need your help: am I making a good decision on choosing the 2013 Vegas? Is this the North kite most similar to the Bandit? I really miss the Delta C shape of this kite and how quick it spins all over the power window, I understand the Vegas is a pure C kite, not delta, but I think the Bandit is closer to a C kite rather than a delta one.

Thanks in advance for your advise and experiences!

Lucas

Westozzy
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Mandurah
Style: Freeride, wave
Gear: Rebel, Vegas 2012

Re: HELP! Is the North VEGAS quicker than the North EVO?

Postby Westozzy » Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:56 am

Demo a dice and Vegas, and pay extra for a 2014 dice or Vegas.... :D

moffemand
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Cabarete.

DR
Favorite Beaches: Couipe
Brazil
Style: Freeride
Gear: Vegas 2012
Been thanked: 0

Postby moffemand » Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:16 am

The Evo is a very borring kite compared to Vegas. Go for the Vegas. there is no different for the year 2013 to 2014. Only the trailing edge is weaker on the 2014.

Morten

Burn45
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Baie de Beauport
Favorite Beaches: Îles de la Madeleine, Québec, Canada
Cape Hatteras, USA
Naish beach, Maui, USA
Cabarete, DR
Style: Freeride freestyle wave
Gear: North Neo 5-7-9-11
North Mono 15
North Speedster
North X-ride
North Pro Whip CSC , Wam and Nugget
Slingshot T-Rex

Postby Burn45 » Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:23 am

I own 2012 Evos 12-9-7 and im 100 kg. I owned a 2009 12m Vegas and liked it but the thing is that the power of the Evo is much stronger for the same size of kite. Yes the Vegas is quicker and fun to fly but the windrange is smaller too. For sure, if you choose 12-9m Vegas, you wont ride in the same wind that you do with the Evos. I think that Vegas are not suited for heavey riders... But are awesome for normal or ligth weigth ones. Hope it helps!

MrStrike
Rare Poster

Re: Help! Is the North Vegas quicker than the North Evo?

Postby MrStrike » Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:00 am

Thanks guys, your comments are really helpfull, I'm looking forward to test a friends Vegas 2012 9m tomorrow, with 12 knots wind conditions (hopefully a little bit more!), I have to make a quick desicion as the shop will wait for my final response till Thursday the latest.

Again, any comments/experiences are more than welcome!

Westozzy
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Westozzy » Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:20 am

2012 was average compared to 2013 and 2014. I owned the 2012 and have ridden the 2013 and 2014, much improved. Try and get on them....

Thing is the dice will match the versatility of the bandit. That's why I mentioned it.

MrStrike
Rare Poster

Postby MrStrike » Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:50 am

Westozzy wrote:2012 was average compared to 2013 and 2014. I owned the 2012 and have ridden the 2013 and 2014, much improved. Try and get on them....

Thing is the dice will match the versatility of the bandit. That's why I mentioned it.
Thanks Westozzy! :thumb:

I do agree with you, after reading several reviews, that the Dice will be the best match with the Bandit, but as this year 2014 is the first edition of the Dice, unfortunately is too expensive for me at this point in time, however I would like to buy it in my next season (2015).

I guess the 2013 Vegas should make a good work in the meantime :D

Westozzy
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Westozzy » Tue Feb 25, 2014 4:10 am

Yeh no doubt. The Vegas is not a bad wave kite either in the right hands. Hence why the dice is so bloody good.

paulie
Frequent Poster

Postby paulie » Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:18 am

Grab some 2013 Vegas's. I have flown them back to back with Bandit 5's. The Vegas is as fast or even faster in freestyle mode. Loops better than the bandit too but be aware you will lose some low end compared to the bandit.

There is also no real difference between 2013 & 2014 Vegas's. It is just a difference in the amount of dracon on the TE.

we
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Huguenot, Atlantic Beach Jax
Favorite Beaches: Vieux Fort, St. Lucia

Postby we » Tue Feb 25, 2014 6:44 pm

The Vegas is a very different kite from the Bandit. I love the Vegas but do not like the Bandit at. Not that the Bandit is a bad kite, but it does not fly like the Vegas (or Fuel or Razor etc). It's going to be slower than the Evo as all C kites are. But I think the Vegas is faster than a Fuel. Looping the Vegas is exciting compared with looping a Bandit.

Return to “Kitesurfing”