Very Frequent Poster
Style: freestyle
Gear: kites and boards
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Lou wainman quits wainman Hawaii

Postby sijandy » Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:23 pm

NYKiter wrote:the way things are going pot may be legal sooner than we think and the marketing is spot on :cool2:
Wishfull thinking ha. Maybe WH should turn their pumps into bongs.... would make pumping up more interesting... one for me, one for you (kite)...

L0KI
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: .

Postby L0KI » Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:06 am

william_rx7 wrote:Sadly, no one will remember how good or bad these kites flew, just the gangster rabbit and all the pot-smoking innuendos.
I'm fairly confident that the vast majority of people who have ever flown their kites or ridden their boards would disagree with you.

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tautologies » Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:59 am

eree wrote:
tautologies wrote:I doubt Waiman has had much to do with anything in thing company except being on the pics. Same thing for Best.
Epic folded before D left..he left because they folded.
CaptainArgh wrote:Yeah, this company will die without him...
...I believe the gear was originally designed around his visions, and with that lost, the company is likely to fold. Kind of like Eclipse folded when Dmitri left. Eclipse wasn't named after D, but he was the face of the company and it was where he had taken ideas Airush wouldn't let him develop...
i'm quite stunned...
are you getting in the real world or are you just bashing competitors outsides from the HI?

anyway, i'm in...
I'm sure wainman gave feedback on the kites but everytime ive seen the kite designer for those kites he has been all alone.

Im not sure how that was bashing anyone.

wedge
Frequent Poster

Postby wedge » Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:36 am

I have a 2010 Big Mama. LOVE THAT KITE. As a big guy, it's been my go-to kite for 90% of my riding since I got it. I've ridden it up to 25-28 mph, with stronger gusts. Rock solid, spills power when you need to. Turns fast and great in waves, especially on short lines. Just Bomb proof. I shall cherish it always...

On the flip side, I have 2012 - 12m and 9m Rabbits. The 12m just never really worked for me unless the wind was nukin'. The 9m I've only had it out of the bag once and was under powered.

And, yeah... The graphics were kinda dopey. Clearly I was not the audience for them.

I ended up replacing the 12m and 9m Rabbits with 13m and 11m Renegades. So far, so fun. Much more power than the Rabbits in my conditions with my skill level. Plus I don't get as much stink-eye from the size-police-yaks on the beach who are flying 12's and 9's.

Stefan
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Ft. Stevens, Newport, The Gorge
Favorite Beaches: Ft Stevens, Florence
Style: Wave, Foil
Gear: North Mono's, LP Foils, North Pacific Customs

Postby Stefan » Sun Mar 16, 2014 2:36 am

william_rx7 wrote:Sadly, no one will remember how good or bad these kites flew, just the gangster rabbit and all the pot-smoking innuendos.
The medium is the message. - McLuhan

That's such a dumb quote and completely based on some dislike you personally have for Wainman kites or Lou himself.

Bob Marley
Frequent Poster
Style: Jumps and waves
Gear: Small c kites that don't have bridles and no 5th line. Epoxy surfboards.

Postby Bob Marley » Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:26 am

The medium is the message. - McLuhan

:nono:

That wasn't herb they were smoking when they came up with those graphics. If it was must have been sprayed with roundup. :kiff:

L0KI
Very Frequent Poster

Postby L0KI » Wed Mar 19, 2014 5:23 pm

Bertrand Fleury has moved to F-One.....Wainman loses another piece of the company.
Hannah Whitely first, then Lou Wainman, now Bertrand.
I would guess that there will be news of Niccolo Porcella before too long.

coleman
Very Frequent Poster

Postby coleman » Wed Mar 19, 2014 5:33 pm

either we are going to see the company try to hold on with the same product, or there is a major change in direction coming. i would guess the latter.

perhaps these riders know what changes are coming with gear and they are opting out????

intotheair
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Ho'okipa
Style: Expressive!
Gear: Trusted!
Brand Affiliation: Custom Products Only!

Postby intotheair » Wed Mar 19, 2014 5:37 pm

I am quite interested of how it goes. In fact nothing about Lou was confirmed, I haven't seen Bert and Hannah much present during last year of Wainman marketing at all... Maybe this will be a good change for them. We will see. I would wait to see what company has to say, and as they started a Year with Maniac being sold out quite everywhere for now and probably new rabbits coming its getting interesting for me.

L0KI
Very Frequent Poster

Postby L0KI » Wed Mar 19, 2014 5:43 pm

I heard that the first batch of Maniac kites sold were awful, and they scrambled to make the second batch fly better.
I would think after four years, they could make a C kite that flew well.
I hope something good comes of this, because their kites are good and a bit different than any other, their Joke is also unique in design, would hate to see that all go away.

Return to “Kitesurfing”