Favorite Beaches: East beach at fort desoto
Style: Freeride
Gear: Ozone zephyr, ocean rodeo rise, mako king
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Liquid force havoc 2007

Postby Rando1994 » Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:28 pm

Ok, reread your first post. 10m havoc. Ok, now how much do you weigh?

jsengxx
Rare Poster
Local Beach: 2014
Gear: Liquid force havoc 2007

Postby jsengxx » Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:42 pm

It is a 10M and I weight 78kg, 1.83m. Wind range here in Portugal is 15-40 knots. I want to ride this kite between 15 and 30 knots max, ideal is 20-25 knots. All this on a gaastra contact board 141x39cm.

NYKiter
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Wave
Gear: .

Postby NYKiter » Tue Jun 03, 2014 2:00 pm

upgrade

kitewise
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Ct., Fla.,Aruba, OBX
Favorite Beaches: Pompano beach Fla.
LongbeachPark Stratford, Ct.
Boa Grande Aruba
OBX for sure
Gear: EPIC screamer and Renegade
EPIC DROID
BEST Thruster
Brand Affiliation: EPIC

Postby kitewise » Tue Jun 03, 2014 2:15 pm

If you had a lesson, you wouldnt be asking stupid questions.
It certainly looks as if you got a super deal. I'm sure it will reward you. :remybussi:

jsengxx
Rare Poster

Postby jsengxx » Tue Jun 03, 2014 2:34 pm

I have not taken any lessons and I´am going to explain why:

The only beach we have here for kitesurf is Praia de Cabedelo, take a look: https://www.google.pt/maps/search/praia ... a=!3m1!1e3

It is a beautiful beach but the problem is that there is only one kiteschool here. Last summer I was watching the 2 instructors that gave the kite lessons and the only thing that is helpful/needed that I saw they teach you is the safety elements of kitesurf. They teach groups of 4 people at a time and you have only 1 kite available. Until here all is good. Now comes the funny thing, When you get to the point to go practice the waterstart you are at your own, the instructor is on the beach screaming to you and then instead of going to the student and explain and help him with the waterstart he just grabs the kite and board and explains how you should do it and gone he is with the kite, he just is going 3-4 times back and ford, just kiting and the student is on the beach watching.

So if I have to pay someone to watch him kitesurf then I just keep the money in my pocket and watch the other kiters, kitesurfing for free.

But I think the problem that I have has noting to do with taking lessons or not. On kitelessons they will not teach you how to tune a kite. Some kites are good right out of the bag others need tuning.

SonnyRider
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2002
Local Beach: A muddy estuary 40 miles from home called Weston super mare.
Favorite Beaches: So many. In no particular order - Outer Hebrides, Wales, Cornwall, Mauritius, Cape Verde, Portugal, Brazil, Barbados, Sardinia
Style: Strapless surfboard & strapless foiling
Gear: Airush Wave 7, 9, 10, Ultra v2's 7, 10, 14 and sometimes my GF's Airush Diamonds, 5.5, 7, 9, 12, Varial X 14m

Firewire Evo Helium 5'3" , Airush Converse 6'. Shinn Mega k carbon with a 75cm mast. Building a 120 carbon pocket board
Brand Affiliation: I like the build & ethics and kites from Airush. I've had Ozone, Liquid Force, PLKB, Flexifoil

Postby SonnyRider » Tue Jun 03, 2014 6:00 pm

jsengxx wrote:I have not taken any lessons and I´am going to explain why:

But I think the problem that I have has noting to do with taking lessons or not. On kite lessons they will not teach you how to tune a kite. Some kites are good right out of the bag others need tuning.
You are right having lessons is not going to solve your issue with the kite. But having lessons and being a kitesurfer with some kite surfing experience under their belt will help them work out what is wrong and how they can improve or resolve the issue

having no lessons is just plain stupid :roll:

Did you learn to drive a car without lessons?

Make sure you wear a helmet, or you will possibly be the next poor soul we hear of having their life taken away from them :allbegood:

jsengxx
Rare Poster

Postby jsengxx » Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:30 pm

Yep, I wear a helmet and a live vest.

AdrenalinDriven
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Wakestyle
Gear: Those dangerous C shaped ones

Postby AdrenalinDriven » Wed Jun 04, 2014 3:06 am

jsengxx wrote:I have not taken any lessons and I´am going to explain why:

The only beach we have here for kitesurf is Praia de Cabedelo, take a look: https://www.google.pt/maps/search/praia ... a=!3m1!1e3

It is a beautiful beach but the problem is that there is only one kiteschool here. Last summer I was watching the 2 instructors that gave the kite lessons and the only thing that is helpful/needed that I saw they teach you is the safety elements of kitesurf. They teach groups of 4 people at a time and you have only 1 kite available. Until here all is good. Now comes the funny thing, When you get to the point to go practice the waterstart you are at your own, the instructor is on the beach screaming to you and then instead of going to the student and explain and help him with the waterstart he just grabs the kite and board and explains how you should do it and gone he is with the kite, he just is going 3-4 times back and ford, just kiting and the student is on the beach watching.

So if I have to pay someone to watch him kitesurf then I just keep the money in my pocket and watch the other kiters, kitesurfing for free.

But I think the problem that I have has noting to do with taking lessons or not. On kitelessons they will not teach you how to tune a kite. Some kites are good right out of the bag others need tuning.

You have no idea what you're talking about. This is mind blowing. Take a lesson. This sport is not a joke. If you want to putt around in the water and teach yourself a sport then go windsurfing. From what you have said to this point you don't have a shred of useful kiteboarding knowledge and what's worse is that you THINK you do. I have met lots of guys with this same mentality. Saying that the 2007 Havoc is a good kite is absolutely laughable. It was shyte in 2007! Get over your pride and pay the small amount that lessons cost and go in with specific questions (the line tuning for instance) and see how it goes. You can't know exactly what's happening in the lessons even though you think you do. Otherwise - enjoy hurting yourself! (or worse, others.)

jsengxx
Rare Poster

Postby jsengxx » Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:45 am

You have no idea what you're talking about. This is mind blowing. Take a lesson. This sport is not a joke. If you want to putt around in the water and teach yourself a sport then go windsurfing. From what you have said to this point you don't have a shred of useful kiteboarding knowledge and what's worse is that you THINK you do. I have met lots of guys with this same mentality. Saying that the 2007 Havoc is a good kite is absolutely laughable. It was shyte in 2007! Get over your pride and pay the small amount that lessons cost and go in with specific questions (the line tuning for instance) and see how it goes. You can't know exactly what's happening in the lessons even though you think you do. Otherwise - enjoy hurting yourself! (or worse, others.)[/quote]

Sorry, but if I don´t have money to drive a mercedes I always can drive a fiat. I have stand next to the instructors when they where teaching, they do not like that but I don´t care, they are on a public beach so I know what I´am talking about. I asked many question to other kitesurfers including some beginners and I asked them if the lessons where helpful and the answer that they gave me was:
just keep your money, they only teach you the safety stuff and from the moment you are in the water, you are on your own. What they like to do is teaching tourists because they are the best clients, they come here, want to tray kitesurfing and they go.

Rando1994
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Tampa bay
Favorite Beaches: East beach at fort desoto
Style: Freeride
Gear: Ozone zephyr, ocean rodeo rise, mako king

Postby Rando1994 » Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:40 pm

So, what "safety stuff" have you learned? Because that's actually the important part of kitesurfing.

Return to “Kitesurfing”