Westwood
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: Rep
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Serious pinholes issues on the 2014 Ozone REOs

Postby Westwood » Wed Jun 04, 2014 10:54 am

Pinholes dont happen in the sky

They happen when the kite is on the ground often left flapping in the wind or weighed down. If you are not flying a kite pack it down or expect wear and tear.

Robsw6
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Local Beach: Hayling Island
Favorite Beaches: One eye, Sidi Kaouki, Big Bay, Gwithian & Hayling
Style: Powered
Gear: Reedins, Orbit2s & Surfboards (Cabrinha's & Naish), Nomad/TAD Mutants, Flash 4'10 & Naish Pro 4'10, Moses Hydrofoil & North Atmos
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Robsw6 » Wed Jun 04, 2014 11:29 am

Westwood wrote:Pinholes dont happen in the sky

They happen when the kite is on the ground often left flapping in the wind or weighed down. If you are not flying a kite pack it down or expect wear and tear.
+1 I was using my '09 Helix's last week and they are still perfect.

Tone
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Tone » Wed Jun 04, 2014 11:51 am

TheRussian wrote:

not something to boast about

:P

William Munney
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: West Meadow, GSB
Gear: North X-Ride, Airush Sector 60, North Rebels, 6m, 7m, 9m, 12m, 16m
Been thanked: 0

Postby William Munney » Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:23 pm

Yes, but OP said after three sessions? I only have pinholes in one of my Rebels and that was purchased used from a school.

s1buell_wl
Very Frequent Poster

Postby s1buell_wl » Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:52 pm

KiteRunner

Have a look at these post
viewtopic.php?t=2385064&p=843774

there seems to be lots of issues with the Ozone kites. My Edges are really fragile and the Canopy is the same material as the REO its really delicate.

Love the engineering of the kite but the production and materials are really bad.

It looks like nothing has changed for 2014 either smae mistakes and same material.

The customer support is the worst. No matter how honest and professional you are be prepared for a slap in the face.

I didn't even ask for anything from them before they told me it was my fault. Two, three self launches on the sandy beaches of Brazil and the canopy starts to rip????? No more then 5-6 sessions on the kite???? Ozone is not cheap either but it seems they are not worth the hard earned cash.

T

s1buell_wl
Very Frequent Poster

Postby s1buell_wl » Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:53 pm

Ah just seen you found it....

Robsw6
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Local Beach: Hayling Island
Favorite Beaches: One eye, Sidi Kaouki, Big Bay, Gwithian & Hayling
Style: Powered
Gear: Reedins, Orbit2s & Surfboards (Cabrinha's & Naish), Nomad/TAD Mutants, Flash 4'10 & Naish Pro 4'10, Moses Hydrofoil & North Atmos

Postby Robsw6 » Wed Jun 04, 2014 1:03 pm

Tone wrote:
TheRussian wrote:

not something to boast about

:P
ooooh you bitch :wink:

But name me a kite that boosts, wave rides & lasts....i'll buy it :D

Kamikuza
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Sabae Beach
Favorite Beaches: Ol' Stinky
Gear: This, that, the other

Postby Kamikuza » Wed Jun 04, 2014 1:16 pm

s1buell_wl wrote:KiteRunner

there seems to be lots of issues with the Ozone kites. My Edges are really fragile and the Canopy is the same material as the REO its really delicate.

Love the engineering of the kite but the production and materials are really bad.

It looks like nothing has changed for 2014 either smae mistakes and same material.

The customer support is the worst. No matter how honest and professional you are be prepared for a slap in the face.

I didn't even ask for anything from them before they told me it was my fault. Two, three self launches on the sandy beaches of Brazil and the canopy starts to rip????? No more then 5-6 sessions on the kite???? Ozone is not cheap either but it seems they are not worth the hard earned cash.

T
It's all user error, apparently.

s1buell_wl
Very Frequent Poster

Postby s1buell_wl » Wed Jun 04, 2014 1:31 pm

Kamikuza wrote:
s1buell_wl wrote:KiteRunner

T
It's all user error, apparently.
I have to tell you I feel a little embarrassed in my investment

Ozone 26m Speedster 3k
Ozone 19m Edge 2.3k
Ozone 15m Edge 2k
Ozone 11m Edge 1.8k

$9.2k (over 1.5 years) Customer and they had no time for me. It's your fault please go away.

I run a business I love customers like this. I tend to spoil them even if I lose a little. Ozone seems to have no time for customers. Sad I really like the kites design.

Now I'll have to find another brand.....

ShaveTheWhales
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2040
Local Beach: West Straya Oz
Style: Fun with friends :) and being helpful :)
Gear: Lightwind, 11m Sonic 3, OR Flite, slingshot Dwarf craft foil board, Sab foil
Medium Wind, 12m OR Flite, 8 SouL, TT C6 board, Crazyfly Ltd, Shinn Monk, Wave board
Strong / Gnarly Wind, 8m SouL, 8m XR Core, C6 board
All with custom moded bars
Brand Affiliation: Anything that jumps well & fun to fly. Brand Bitch to none :)

Postby ShaveTheWhales » Wed Jun 04, 2014 1:33 pm

Take note all brands... What I really enjoy is when a brand tries to play old school tactics like theres not a problem with anything and the unhappy customer gets fobed off !

Because times have changed - instead of one pissed off person telling 5 friends .. The "New School" way is free negative advertising on the World kite forums which normally gets copied into local forums so as to let most of the kiters around the world know what models are shit and who "not" to go to because of there bad customer service...

Not bad for fobing off one 'paid in full' customer !!!
Losers

Return to “Kitesurfing”