2016 11m Chaos
2013 9m RPM

2016 Naish DUB 138X43
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Tona Flow?

Postby ShredThaGnar » Wed Jun 11, 2014 12:30 pm

Has anyone tried the Tona Flow? I hot to take a look at them over at Real but never got to demo. Looks like a sick board, any thoughts?

elliott george
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Newgale
Favorite Beaches: Newgale
Style: Freestyle
Gear: Takoon lux 133x40
hadlow pro 13
Blade prime 9
Hyperlite remix

Re: Tona Flow?

Postby elliott george » Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:11 pm

Check out kitescoop there's a lot of info there.

I've just pre ordered a 140 flow I'm getting on the 26th so I'll post a review ASAP

ShredThaGnar
Rare Poster
Local Beach: 2nd Ave N.
Wiggins Pass
Tigertail Beach
Big Hickory Island
Favorite Beaches: OBX
Skyway
Curry Hammock
Veterans Beach
Coco Plum
Jetty Island
Style: The Freshest
Gear: 2015 14m FX
2016 11m Chaos
2013 9m RPM

2016 Naish DUB 138X43

Postby ShredThaGnar » Wed Jun 11, 2014 3:17 pm

Nice dude! I was at the triple s and saw the boards on the shelf at Real. They looked really nice, not as thick and heavy as the pop. I was set on a ss visiob or asylum but after checking out the Flow i might be changing my mind. Im looking forward to what you have to say about it. Btw what is kindergarten?

elliott george
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Newgale
Favorite Beaches: Newgale
Style: Freestyle
Gear: Takoon lux 133x40
hadlow pro 13
Blade prime 9
Hyperlite remix

Postby elliott george » Wed Jun 11, 2014 4:39 pm

Hahahahaha damn autocorrect, kitescoop is the place to go. Avoid the vision, check out this guy he has had major problems with the base.....check out this thread

http://www.kitescoop.com/forum/viewtopi ... =2&t=11064

The flow will have a higher rocker, more flex than the pop and be lighter. It doesn't sacrifice any upwind performance though. It's still got a stiff mid section so it'll still have huge pop. What size are you looking at?

Here's the thread about the flow, dre talks a lot about the board in this thread

http://www.kitescoop.com/forum/viewtopi ... =2&t=10720

Also kindergarten is a German kindergarden

windrt
Medium Poster
Style: Wakestyle
Gear: Kite + Board + rest of stuff you normally use.

Postby windrt » Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:29 pm

So how is the Flow? What's the first impressions?

mdipalma
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Barletta south coast
Favorite Beaches: Paros Pounda
Style: freestyle/wakestyle
Gear: Cabrinha Chaos, Cabrinha Xcaliber

Postby mdipalma » Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:36 am

windrt wrote:So how is the Flow? What's the first impressions?
Hi Man!
I have from end of june the new Tona flow 140... I bought this board from kiteplus.fr and i think i was the first in europe/italy to buy this board.
I try to find a board for binding to use also with straps.
I'm 75 kg rider and i kite form 12 to 40 knots.
The board looks amazing. it'is 3500gr weight(only board with fin), so is not heavy... consider that a light board is about 3000gr...
Has a lot of rocher and is not a thin board... has a construction boomb prof and a fantastic look. This shape is particular, is flat on the edge, monoconcave at the centre and then biconvave above the tip.
Now the review on the water....

The first time i tried with 16-18 knots(choppy water) with chaos 13 m 2014 and straps...
The first sensation(i came from Cabrinha Xcaliber 138 2014) is: "the board is different", eat every chop you find and you don't hear any noise from the water....is like to fly in the sky...
Goes up wind easly...without any problem...is strange but with or without fins is the same...the board fly upwind(with 16-18 knots).
Jump with kite low and unooked is very good, because the board pop very easly and very high, and the land are very very very smooth and everytime stable..
Jump old style...is not confortly... when you load your kite to the zenith, you feel the weight of board(with straps)...
The board has a good speed, but never nervus and never unconfortable....in navigation is very relaxed...

Second session: light wind 12-15 knots(choppy water) with Chaos 13m 2014 with straps:
The board go with light wind, but is not perfect for this condition for upwind performance and jump power....remember the board has a lot of rocker and so for me this is not the right condition..

Third session 15-16 knots(choppy water) with chaos 13 m and binding ronix one 2013 white:
Now the board is at home.... smooth, plane and goes upwind and jump fantastic with low kite pop and land very confortable...you can kite for many hour also with the binding...i stayes in the water for 3 hour without any problem for my leg and especially for my KNEES!!! the board carve in a fantastic way....very easy and progressive, is like to kite on butter.....

4 Session: flat water 20-25 knots off shore: Chaos 9m:
also this condition is perfect....very confortable and very easy to stop the power of the kite with edge of board to explode in a big pop...but never difficult and never tired for my knee...consider that I use a OA knee brace, so i'm ver sensible at this aspect.
This is all...
for me a perfect board for binding and for medium to strong wind...a differnt board because is differenf from the other TT.never tired, best pop, but never nervus and never on the edge, medium speed for me perfect, a generus rocker perfect for the chop but not for very light wind, not so good for oldstyle jump...
It's not a classic freestyle beast for pkra.....is a "bob marley philosophy" freestyle board for medium to strong wind and for people that stay in the water for many hour to try new moves and improve their skill...
the size is perfect for a medium weight guy like me....i never feel big or small...good bounacy.
Thanks Dre and Thanks Amaury :thumb:

mdipalma
Medium Poster

Postby mdipalma » Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:34 am

mdipalma wrote:
windrt wrote:So how is the Flow? What's the first impressions?
Hi Man!
I have from end of june the new Tona flow 140... I bought this board from kiteplus.fr and i think i was the first in europe/italy to buy this board.
I try to find a board for binding to use also with straps.
I'm 75 kg rider and i kite form 12 to 40 knots.
The board looks amazing. it'is 3500gr weight(only board with fin), so is not heavy... consider that a light board is about 3000gr...
Has a lot of rocher and is not a thin board... has a construction boomb prof and a fantastic look. This shape is particular, is flat on the edge, monoconcave at the centre and then biconvave above the tip.
Now the review on the water....

The first time i tried with 16-18 knots(choppy water) with chaos 13 m 2014 and straps...
The first sensation(i came from Cabrinha Xcaliber 138 2014) is: "the board is different", eat every chop you find and you don't hear any noise from the water....is like to fly in the sky...
Goes up wind easly...without any problem...is strange but with or without fins is the same...the board fly upwind(with 16-18 knots).
Jump with kite low and unooked is very good, because the board pop very easly and very high, and the land are very very very smooth and everytime stable..
Jump old style...is not confortly... when you load your kite to the zenith, you feel the weight of board(with straps)...
The board has a good speed, but never nervus and never unconfortable....in navigation is very relaxed...

Second session: light wind 12-15 knots(choppy water) with Chaos 13m 2014 with straps:
The board go with light wind, but is not perfect for this condition for upwind performance and jump power....remember the board has a lot of rocker and so for me this is not the right condition..

Third session 15-16 knots(choppy water) with chaos 13 m and binding ronix one 2013 white:
Now the board is at home.... smooth, plane and goes upwind and jump fantastic with low kite pop and land very confortable...you can kite for many hour also with the binding...i stayes in the water for 3 hour without any problem for my leg and especially for my KNEES!!! the board carve in a fantastic way....very easy and progressive, is like to kite on butter.....

4 Session: flat water 20-25 knots off shore: Chaos 9m:
also this condition is perfect....very confortable and very easy to stop the power of the kite with edge of board to explode in a big pop...but never difficult and never tired for my knee...consider that I use a OA knee brace, so i'm ver sensible at this aspect.
This is all...
for me a perfect board for binding and for medium to strong wind...a differnt board because is differenf from the other TT.never tired, best pop, but never nervus and never on the edge, medium speed for me perfect, a generus rocker perfect for the chop but not for very light wind, not so good for oldstyle jump...
It's not a classic freestyle beast for pkra.....is a "bob marley philosophy" freestyle board for medium to strong wind and for people that stay in the water for many hour to try new moves and improve their skill...
the size is perfect for a medium weight guy like me....i never feel big or small...good bounacy.
Thanks Dre and Thanks Amaury :thumb:
Attachments
IMG_3148[1].JPG
IMG_3260[1].JPG
IMG_3262[1].JPG
IMG_3252.JPG
IMG_3251.JPG
IMG_3254.JPG
IMG_3250.JPG
IMG_3255.JPG

mdipalma
Medium Poster

Postby mdipalma » Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:37 am

My home spot!!!
South italy!
Attachments
IMG_3146[1].JPG

windrt
Medium Poster
Style: Wakestyle
Gear: Kite + Board + rest of stuff you normally use.

Postby windrt » Sat Jul 12, 2014 11:06 pm

Dude, your spot is awsome!

Thanks for the review. It's the first independent one out there.
I'm ordering mine next monday.

:mosh:

consumer
Very Frequent Poster

Postby consumer » Sun Jul 20, 2014 4:28 pm

I got mine. Keep in mind I am biased because I am a rep. I actually asked to be a rep because I love their boards so much. I also ride boards from slingshot, liquid force, and north.

I now prefer the Flow as my main board, over my pop and any other board.

Things I like about it:

1. Brainless loading/pop. Something about the shape of this board makes it so easy. I've been working on riding more powered, but I easily get overpowered to where I need fins with my other boards ('14 models) to get pop and slack. This board just does it, and does it in CHOP. It's stepped up my riding for sure.

2. smooth. This board is silky even though it is a wake style board. It's ironic that I actually get an incredible amount of pop with this board (actually more so than my other boards which I can't explain - is it because it is new? lol). It's a good thing though that the landings are so smooth. It makes sticking landings from height and speed EASY.

3. styling is next level.

I think they nailed it with this board. This should be their primary in their lineup. It does everything better than any other wake style board I have tried (my wife says i'm a hoarder, but I think I have finally found my ideal board). Tona has been trying hard to produce that perfect shape that is fun to ride, durable, and does not make any compromises with die-hard wake stylers. This is it. Absolutely nailed it with the Flow and super excited for my next session on it!

Return to “Kitesurfing”