kitecuentas
Rare Poster
Local Beach: South Spain
Style: Freeride
Gear: Fone Bandit & Nobile 555
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Kite mount for new Sony action Cam??

Postby kitecuentas » Sun Jun 22, 2014 11:40 pm

Hello,
what line mount accesory I can choose compatible with sony action cam? kite mount is so far.
Camrig.com webpage doesn't include sony hdr as accepted cameras, what do you think?

and fin mount with screw? I don't like adhesive for hard landings...
Thanks in advance.

bipolarbear
Rare Poster
Gear: All surface

Postby bipolarbear » Mon Jun 23, 2014 11:42 am

kitecuentas wrote:..and fin mount with screw? I don't like adhesive for hard landings...
Thanks in advance.
Maybe this? Don't know if it will be solid enough though...

Gopro Flymount Fin Mount:
http://www.powerkiteshop.com/gopro-flymount.htm

Male tripod adapter:
https://all4cam.co.uk/30-14-tripod-thre ... apter.html

clint2070
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Strand,Tourmaline,Stinkz,Belmont,Seal.
Favorite Beaches: C St, Naish beach, tourmaline,Strand, cabarete, San Quintin, La Ventana,Rauls,Nungas,Mancora,
Style: surf, freeride
Gear: Naish, Firewire, ride engine,Ford,liquid force, Zeeko.Tomo,

Postby clint2070 » Thu Oct 02, 2014 7:20 pm

I can't make up my mind ! Gopro 4 or the new sony action cam ?

Peter_Frank
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Peter_Frank » Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:05 pm

kitecuentas wrote:Hello,
what line mount accesory I can choose compatible with sony action cam? kite mount is so far.
Camrig.com webpage doesn't include sony hdr as accepted cameras, what do you think?

and fin mount with screw? I don't like adhesive for hard landings...
Thanks in advance.
You should be able to use the camrig universal line mount straight away.

I am happy with my Sony, especially the function that I can see the view on my mobile before I go out, that the angle it is mounted (whereever it is mounted), is correct and even change stabilization on/off without having to take the kite down :rollgrin:

Any standard (or non-standard) camera screw 1/4"-20 UNC (or Whitworth) can be used, if the one delivered with the cam is too short.

8) Peter

kooshball
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Emerald Isle
Gear: TBD

Postby kooshball » Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:08 pm

CAMRIG works for a line mount and a head mount with upgraded straps / masking tape will work as a strut mount.

stringy
Medium Poster
Local Beach: seattle, wa
Style: freeriding

Postby stringy » Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:30 am

I have one of these cams from sony. they sent it to me when it was first released. I immediately made a custom line mount and fin mount based on the water housing geometry. This was an early release when I received it and it did not come with the anti fog strips so I did experience some fogging in the water housing. The line mount I made held the cam in such a way that it would be balanced between the lines for minimal movement and improved stability.
I really liked that it had wifi and you could use you smart phone to change the settings. seems to film nice with vibrant colors. I don't have the line mount anymore because susi was sponsored by them back then and she got it from me to use for a mai tai or something like that.
anyhow if you to put it on your lines, you could make it work with the original camrig line mount generation 1. it can work, but will be off balanced so much it will be hard to watch the video.

clint2070
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Strand,Tourmaline,Stinkz,Belmont,Seal.
Favorite Beaches: C St, Naish beach, tourmaline,Strand, cabarete, San Quintin, La Ventana,Rauls,Nungas,Mancora,
Style: surf, freeride
Gear: Naish, Firewire, ride engine,Ford,liquid force, Zeeko.Tomo,

Postby clint2070 » Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:49 am

I just bought the new action cam mini. I like it way better than my gopro. I contacted camrig directly and they offered me the new plugs to go with the universal for ghe same price as the universal itself. It works great ! You should only put one plug in the mount though so you can still slide the cam up and down the lines. The live view remote alone is worth buying it.

Flyboy
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Flyboy » Thu Nov 13, 2014 7:01 pm

Any further input on the Sony AS100V? I'm looking between the GoPro Hero4 silver & the Sony.

Image quality is similar between the two products, as far as I can tell, but does the image stabilization feature tip things significantly in favour of the Sony?

I would like a cam that is convenient to use for good still shots, as well as the action cam features. It seems that the time lapse mode on the Sony only offers 2mp stills, which is a shame.

Finally, I am assuming that GoPro has the advantage in the availability of accessories, like mounting?

All things being equal, I would choose the GoPro, but I have the opportunity to get the Sony using "Airmiles", without actually laying out any cash...

Peter_Frank
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Peter_Frank » Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:33 pm

What do you use still/interval shots for ?

Just curious - as with all the cams I've had during the last many years, interval shots is of no use to me.

Only screen captures from video, or video works IMO :naughty:

Apart from that, IF you were to use interval shots, it is a pity if not in max resolution :(

8) Peter

Flyboy
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Flyboy » Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:41 pm

What do you use still/interval shots for ?
I don't know! I've never used that feature, but was anticipating that it would be a cool feature to have - using the cam on the beach to photograph action on the water (or other situations). Also, having good still functionality would mean no need to also take a still camera on a trip.

You're using a Sony As100V, Peter? Any comments?

Return to “Kitesurfing”