Forum for kitesurfers
jteabird
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Turks ?? Where to stay and kite??

Postby jteabird » Mon Mar 09, 2015 5:00 am

looking for place to stay and kite close. Thanks for the advise !!! Looks like the wind is better in turks than cabarete. How about long bay.

Missbsail
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Private Local Launches
Favorite Beaches: OBX Oceanside anywhere, Kite Point, Chapin and Hardings beaches on Cape Cod. Grace and Long Bays, Turks and Caicos since 2007.
Style: TT and Surfboards
Gear: Currently Airush Lithiums and BWS kites, North and Nobile TTs. BWS Drifter and Rawson surfboards. Stretch.

Re: Turks ?? Where to stay and kite??

Postby Missbsail » Mon Mar 09, 2015 3:12 pm

There are several places to stay on Long Bay, the most popular kiting spot on Provo. Or you can stay at any number of resorts on Grace Bay and if the wind has enough north in it you can kite there too. My wife and I like Royal West Indies resort and I rent a car and drive the 8 minutes to Long Bay to kite. I don't think its any windier than Cabarete where waves are much more accessible.

ramin77
Rare Poster
Weight: 175 lbs
Local Beach: 16th Street Pompano Beach
Style: Hydrofoil, twintip
Gear: Ozone Edge V10 7m
Ocen Rodeo Rise Aluula 10m
Gin Instinct HB 10m
Oxone Chrono v4 13m

Postby ramin77 » Mon Mar 09, 2015 3:54 pm

Long Bay is awesome. Flat shallow warm water. There are quite a few villas that you can rent that are beachfront. Some of them are totally set up for kite boarders...air compressors and tethers for self launch. Message me for more details.

Dimitri M
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: I travel all over the world.
Favorite Beaches: So many to list....
Style: MY OWN STYLE :-)
Gear: SCREAMER 7/9/12/14 for Free Style. Not to forget the SCREAMER 10 LTD for my one go kite.
SURF 8 & 12 for the waves. RENEGADE 6.5 and 9 for all around kiting. And some times I use my son's JUNIOR PRO 4 when it blows 45+ for the waves.
Just try the EPICKITES and you will see for yourself.
Brand Affiliation: Owner of EPIC KITES

Postby Dimitri M » Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:54 pm

Just got back from an EPIC photo shoot we did in the Turks 7 Caicos last week. We had a great time.
You have lots of places to stay but the best thing will be to get in touch with Kite Provo so they can help you with the accommodations, Kite adventures and so on.... They are the ones who took care of us but I am sure you can find other schools that will help you. But the best place to stay and kite is on Long Bay, but because of the photo shoot, we had to travel to different places on the island but hard to get. Here are some pictures so you get an idea.

Usually Cabarete DR has more wind then the Turks & Caicos plus you get better waves. But some how we lucked out because before we came they had no wind at all. I was there for 2 weeks and it was blowing every day 18 to 25 mph. Then when I left last week it was still blowing. So maybe I did bring the wind to the island.
Enjoy the Turks.
Attachments
DSC_7647.jpg
DJI00201.jpg
444A5147.jpg
_I9T1754.jpg
The Camel Island.jpg
444A8374.jpg
_Z5A0845.jpg
©GRSFOTO_EpicTC15WH1H9424.jpg
©GRSFOTO_EpicTC15_I9T1298.jpg
©GRSFOTO_EpicTC15444A5271.jpg
5Y0A7634.jpg
©GRSFOTO_EpicTC15444A5773.jpg
444A7197-2.jpg
_I9T4557.jpg
444A8516-2.jpg
_I9T1827.jpg
DJI00276.jpg
DJI00195.jpg
DSC_7665.jpg
You are hired but you need to go and kite near these sharks.jpg
Screen Shot 2015-03-04 at 5.49.00 PM.jpg
Pushing the limits on how fast a kite turns.jpg
GOPR0790.jpg
G0020683.jpg
444A7872.jpg
444A7108.jpg
DJI00314.jpg
444A6838.jpg
444A6665.jpg
_I9T3170.jpg

Missbsail
Rare Poster
Favorite Beaches: OBX Oceanside anywhere, Kite Point, Chapin and Hardings beaches on Cape Cod. Grace and Long Bays, Turks and Caicos since 2007.
Gear: Currently Airush Lithiums and BWS kites, North and Nobile TTs. BWS Drifter and Rawson surfboards. Stretch.

Postby Missbsail » Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:00 pm

When are you going next year........ ?

jsquid
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Long Point, Sauble, Oliphant, Wasaga
Favorite Beaches: KP, Long Bay (TCI), Long Point
Style: Freeride
Gear: Core XR4 and XR4 LW
Carved Imperator V
Core Fusion
Core Fusion LW
Core Ripper 2
Brand Affiliation: Hangtime Kiteboarding

Postby jsquid » Thu Mar 12, 2015 9:21 pm

Dimitri M wrote: But some how we lucked out because before we came they had no wind at all. I was there for 2 weeks and it was blowing every day 18 to 25 mph. Then when I left last week it was still blowing. So maybe I did bring the wind to the island.
Enjoy the Turks.
So you confirmed what I saw in the forecasts when I left, I was there for two weeks staying on LB too, I had to go home the day you showed up with all the wind. Had a few super gusty afternoons the last two days there but leading up to that I was sure glad I had my LW kite!

You Dimitri, you hit the timing bang on!

Laughingman
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Kettle Point, Mitchell's Bay, Rondeau Bay
Favorite Beaches: Kettle Point, Mitchell's Bay, Rondeau Bay, Long Bay, Cayo Guillermo, La Ventana
Gear: Ocean Rodeo Gen6 Flites 10m, 12m Gen2 Roams 6m and 8m, Cloud D 4.8, 6.2, 8.0, 10.4
Xeon Laluz, Mako Wide 150, Jellyfish Custom surf board quad fin 6', LF Impulse Foil and Kanaha Shapes 37" board
Engine Harness with slider

Postby Laughingman » Fri Mar 13, 2015 4:15 pm

jsquid wrote:
Dimitri M wrote: But some how we lucked out because before we came they had no wind at all. I was there for 2 weeks and it was blowing every day 18 to 25 mph. Then when I left last week it was still blowing. So maybe I did bring the wind to the island.
Enjoy the Turks.
So you confirmed what I saw in the forecasts when I left, I was there for two weeks staying on LB too, I had to go home the day you showed up with all the wind. Had a few super gusty afternoons the last two days there but leading up to that I was sure glad I had my LW kite!

You see that Jeff? Everytime someone shows up with 5 or more EPIC kites the wind turns on....
2 for 2

Missbsail
Rare Poster

Postby Missbsail » Fri Mar 13, 2015 4:28 pm

Laughingman wrote:
jsquid wrote:
Enjoy the Turks.

You see that Jeff? Everytime someone shows up with 5 or more EPIC kites the wind turns on....
2 for 2
So are you guys returning next December? I'll be there the first 2 weeks again.

Laughingman
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Kettle Point, Mitchell's Bay, Rondeau Bay
Favorite Beaches: Kettle Point, Mitchell's Bay, Rondeau Bay, Long Bay, Cayo Guillermo, La Ventana
Gear: Ocean Rodeo Gen6 Flites 10m, 12m Gen2 Roams 6m and 8m, Cloud D 4.8, 6.2, 8.0, 10.4
Xeon Laluz, Mako Wide 150, Jellyfish Custom surf board quad fin 6', LF Impulse Foil and Kanaha Shapes 37" board
Engine Harness with slider

Postby Laughingman » Fri Mar 13, 2015 6:12 pm

Probably, just need to confirm which weeks

jsquid
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Long Point, Sauble, Oliphant, Wasaga
Favorite Beaches: KP, Long Bay (TCI), Long Point
Style: Freeride
Gear: Core XR4 and XR4 LW
Carved Imperator V
Core Fusion
Core Fusion LW
Core Ripper 2
Brand Affiliation: Hangtime Kiteboarding

Postby jsquid » Fri Mar 13, 2015 6:41 pm

Laughingman wrote:
jsquid wrote:
Enjoy the Turks.

2 for 2
I see I see.

We need to do a repeat next year!

Return to “Kitesurfing”